Now that Jon Jones admits he's retiring after the Stipe fight

Young Calf Kick

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Will the Jones glazing squad finally admit he's ducking Aspinall? Or will they continue to hide behind rear view mirror narratives to justify holding up the division for 1,5 years while refusing to fight the rightful champion?

Will they show some balls and admit he's shamelessly and outrageously ducking one of the most all-around skillful and dangerous heavyweights in history?

Or will they, those so-called MMA "fans", keep their facade up pretending that they don't want to see Jones vs Aspinall, a fight that's guaranteed to be way more entertaining and intense than his current matchup against a semi-retired, 42-year-old full-time firefighter who's last win is over four years ago, with his last fight being 3,5 years ago in which he got violently sent to the shadow realm?

Will they realize and admit they have a basic casual's mindset where they support a fighter solely because officially, they never lost? Or maybe that's exactly the reason why they gloat and pretend to agree with the situation - it's very possible Jones loses against Aspinall, and then it's no longer all that interesting to root for Jones, because nobody likes losers, right? It's way more effective to troll others online, which they love, when you can worship a fighter that's 27-1(1 DC) instead of 27-2(1 DC), of course.

And maybe, if he would actually take the fight and lose... Will they start looking at his resume and especially based on his last 3 fights, start saying stupid shit like, dare I say it, "he was never any good"?

I guess we're about to find out.

<JonesLaugh>

Nah, Aspinall was on the bench for most of Jon's HW reign. He can keep crying himself to sleep until he gets "promoted" to paper HW champion.
I looked up "paper UFC HW champion" in the dictionary and all I saw was this

1726516371291.png

then I looked up the legit UFC HW champion in the dictionary and it gave me two options:

1726516459479.png

Last edited:
yeah in any other situation the champ gets stripped and the division moves on. former champ gets first crack on return. we saw this with Hill and Jiri.

Jones should have vacated the belt after Gane if he didn't want to fight the top guys. if he wanted to fight old man stipe for his retirement, dana can create a new 'hw goat' belt for that occasion

While I want Jones to fight Tom, I see his point of view too. He flat out said there's always going to be someone new and he's absolutely right. If he was to fight Tom and he wins, people would say Tom was never that good and then the next promising heavyweight to come along, everyone would be saying Jon has to fight him next or he's ducking. It's a never ending cycle.

Remember, we've already been through this. Gane was supposed to be the future of the division. A guy that was going to destroy Jones. Jones smashes him and we act like Gane wasn't ready and had no business in there with him. I'd much rather see Jones/Tom but if I'm Jones, I'd probably rather have the legacy fight and Stipe's name on my resume.

Nah, Aspinall was on the bench for most of Jon's HW reign. He can keep crying himself to sleep until he gets "promoted" to paper HW champion.

You mean like your boy Jon? Who did he beat to get the strap? Literally the easiest top HW opponent they could find for him. Jon is the true paper champ in the HW division.

I will keep mentioning this in all these threads:

I strongly suspect that if Jon beats Stipe, he will not retire right away, but instead hold the HW belt hostage for 12 months. The whole time he will troll on social media and duck Aspinall. Only when the UFC threaten to strip him after 12 months will he vacate & retire.

Remember, we've already been through this. Gane was supposed to be the future of the division. A guy that was going to destroy Jones. Jones smashes him and we act like Gane wasn't ready and had no business in there with him. I'd much rather see Jones/Tom but if I'm Jones, I'd probably rather have the legacy fight and Stipe's name on my resume.

Who said Gane was the future of the HW division? He's just like O'Malley. One dimensional.

If this indeed happens, I wont even consider him in the HW division, rankings etc. I dont give a damn about the UFC says and Im happy with that.
IMHO hes the best LHW in UFC history though, which is another story.

Wtf do you mean . . NOW?

Before LAST November, he said it was his retirement fight, at MSG.

Do you people have the memory of gnats?

I can’t believe this shit, anymore.

And if that asshole beats Stipe. He will sit on the belt for several months, until he vacates.

1726517938599.gif

Will the Jones glazing squad finally admit he's ducking Aspinall? Or will they continue to hide behind rear view mirror narratives to justify holding up the division for 1,5 years while refusing to fight the rightful champion?

Will they show some balls and admit he's shamelessly and outrageously ducking one of the most all-around skillful and dangerous heavyweights in history?

Or will they, those so-called MMA "fans", keep their facade up pretending that they don't want to see Jones vs Aspinall, a fight that's guaranteed to be way more entertaining and intense than his current matchup against a semi-retired, 42-year-old full-time firefighter who's last win is over four years ago, with his last fight being 3,5 years ago in which he got violently sent to the shadow realm?

Will they realize and admit they have a basic casual's mindset where they support a fighter solely because officially, they never lost? Or maybe that's exactly the reason why they gloat and pretend to agree with the situation - it's very possible Jones loses against Aspinall, and then it's no longer all that interesting to root for Jones, because nobody likes losers, right? It's way more effective to troll others online, which they love, when you can worship a fighter that's 27-1(1 DC) instead of 27-2(1 DC), of course.

And maybe, if he would actually take the fight and lose... Will they start looking at his resume and especially based on his last 3 fights, start saying stupid shit like, dare I say it, "he was never any good"?

I guess we're about to find out.

<JonesLaugh>
Source for retirement Statement?

Wtf do you mean . . NOW?

Before LAST November, he said it was his retirement fight, at MSG.

Do you people have the memory of gnats?

I can’t believe this shit, anymore.

And if that asshole beats Stipe. He will sit on the belt for several months, until he vacates.

View attachment 1063096
Relax grandpa take your meds, we are on the same side. Don’t go around insulting my memory :oops:

Tom isn't as one dimensional as Cyril or elderly as Stipe. It makes sense for Jon to step away. He's pretty wealthy... but who knows

I blame the fans for being strung along. Just let the fights play out. Jones is a sociopath and doesn't deserve patience and wonder

I'd need proof that a fight contract versus Aspinall has ever been on the table. Can't duck if you're never offered.
You certainly can Duck a fight that isn't offered on paper. Here is how that goes:
UFC: Hey Jon you vacated LHW and we would really like to see you at HW. Are you ready yet? DC is the champion.
Jon: No way I am fighting DC at HW and giving him that advantage. (Paraphrased but literally what Jon said)
UFC: Well how about Stipe?
Jon: I need to put on weight but I would love to fight Francis he looks like an easy fight.
UFC: Hey Jon Francis looks like a killer and just KO'd Stipe. You up for that fight?
Jon: I need to put on weight still working on it.
UFC: Hey Jon we weren't willing to pay Francis and also allow him to box so we would love to put you in a vacant title fight.
Jon: As long as it is against Cyril Gane who is my perfect style match up I am all in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ronaldbattle93
Back