Saudi Arabia might host the Joshua vs Ruiz rematch

Did you know North Korea is full of stoners? Alcohol is very expensive, the public's vice of choice is good old bud.
Is that true fr? I know Kim Jong Il bought more hennesy than any one order in the world or something, iirc. Not that the ppl got anything, obv. That would be cool if the ppl could get stoned every once in awhile tho.

Is that true fr? I know Kim Jong Il bought more hennesy than any one order in the world or something, iirc. Not that the ppl got anything, obv. That would be cool if the ppl could get stoned every once in awhile tho.
Truth.

Did you know North Korea is full of stoners? Alcohol is very expensive, the public's vice of choice is good old bud.

I didn’t know that. I hope they have access to Bob Marley, pink Floyd and redman. I’m guessing North Korean music isn’t great to smoke weed to

wow, this venue will only have 6-7k capacity.

Those ticket prices will be astronomical to match the profits of a Wembley Stadium fight.

Last edited:
I wish Ruiz had said yes to Wales; the atmosphere would have been electric. Now we’ll have to watch him fight in front of 6000 bored and sleepy billionaires.

Eddie Hearn just described Saudi Arabia as an “entertainment capital”

<{cruzshake}>

This to me looks like Eddie Hearn cowed to Al Haymons pressure.

Eddie Hearn's weakness is how eager he is to deliver for the fans and keep the ball rolling, Al Haymon is playing a wicked game here, he's desperate to keep the HW belts in the US hence why he's not letting Wilder fight Whyte and he's got the WBC backing him to make this awkward for Hearn and now even with all the small print against him, he's making Ruiz squirm and complain about jockying for the A-side decisions.

Ruiz went from a nice humble guy to looking like a pr*ck as soon as Al Haymon's hand went up his jacksy like a puppet.

Ruiz was totally willing to stall the fight just to angle it to get it in America so AL and his partners can get all their network money and insert corrupt judges.

Hearn should of stuck to his guns and had it in the UK just to power move Al Haymon if anything, I think he just couldn't be bothered to get the lawyers involved which is what would of happened, but to me Hearn looks like a beaten man.

He know's this sucks, he knows the fans hate it, but Hearn is just thinking if this is AJ's last horrah then they get £80m out of it.

I actually think AJ is done, like all Social Media Warriors (Connor McGreggor included) they are get rich quick merchants, not true warriors, people who can get thrown in the fire, fight their way out and keep coming back for more, they're rich over night sensations who then fall in love with doing media interviews, talking to their followers on twitter and trying to do damage control via online rather than stfu and get in the ring.

I thought AJ had enough grit but if you just look at his face during that last press run and up to fight night, the guy isn't focused and I've not liked what I've seen since.

He's not beating Wilder or Fury........ prob won't even beat Ruiz.

I wish Ruiz had said yes to Wales; the atmosphere would have been electric. Now we’ll have to watch him fight in front of 6000 bored and sleepy billionaires.

The whole thing is a trap.

MBS will invite the other 5,999 Saudi princes to the stadium under the guise of a boxing match.

When they arrive, the Mutawa arrests them all and tosses them into the Ritz Carlton where he imprisons them all.

Last edited:
PBC seem to be playing games again and not giving a fuck about their fighters careers. That's Ortiz, Wilder, and Ruiz all in the same year that they're fucking over.

Imo they’re banking on Joshua’s side folding over the possibility of lengthy legal disputes and the belts being fragmented.

Imo they’re banking on Joshua’s side folding over the possibility of lengthy legal disputes and the belts being fragmented.
And even if all the belts do get fragmented, that means Wilder gets to pick up one or two in the process.

And even if all the belts do get fragmented, that means Wilder gets to pick up one or two in the process.

It’s not a bad bluff tbf but fuck me if Hearn did this pitch forks would be sharpened in record numbers.

I think he probably benefits from the belts being fragmented because he only needs one title to market himself as a champion, and that should be easy to attain if Ruiz loses a belt or two.

I feel bad for Ruiz. He had a lot of momentum after the first fight but I think it’s going to be squandered if he makes negotiations too difficult and they drag on too long.

When UFC did 112 in Dubai (which is nowhere near as extreme as Saudi on many things) the atmosphere was really bad I thought, there was tons of sheikhs there and then in upper rows there were more fans, but it seemed so quiet and sleepy. Prelims and main card just had a very no-buzz feel to it.

Last edited:
When UFC did 112 in Dubai (which is nowhere near as extreme in Saudi on many things) the atmosphere was really bad I thought, there won tons of sheikhs there and then in upper rows there were more fans, but it seemed so quiet and sleepy. Prelims and main card just had a very no-buzz feel to it.
WWE has been to Saudi 4 times in the last 2 years and the atmosphere has been terrible every time.

WWE has been to Saudi 4 times in the last 2 years and the atmosphere has been terrible every time.
Yeah I'm not surprised man, its not right for a sporting event with high energy like WWE, boxing, MMA, etc etc. A big factor that makes these events memorable are the crowd, the atmosphere adds sooooooooooooo much to it all.

If you watch a sparring match where both guys are really going to their max, it gets boring quick, its ok for a few rounds and then your eyes just wander lol. You really need everything else to make it what it is, the crowd is 70% of it.

UFC 112 just seemed so flat to me watching it from TV, I remember having the prelims on thinking everyone was asleep and it was so quiet, but thinking it will pick up as main card comes, but nope, it was the same as the first prelims, no energy or atmosphere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back