Wilder vs Parker & Joshua vs Wallin Dec.23rd SAUDI card

Facts:

1) Both Masternak & Riakporhe pulled out & Thompson was the replacement
2) Riakporhe is with Ben Shalom's Boxxer who won't work with Matchroom & most likely had Riakporhe pull out of the purse bid
3) Jai flew to London thinking Dec 23rd might be Briedis rematch but Briedis said he wasn't ready as he is still injured & he took Zorro as a stay busy fight & a way to get more exposure on a big card while hoping to rematch Briedis in Feb, 2024 (probably on the Fury vs Usyk card)
4) Goulamirian (WBA) is scheduled to fight Dorticos in 1st half of 2024
5) CBS & Riakporhe are both with Boxxer & will most likely be having an in house WBO title fight next
6) Jai correctly chose to drop the IBF trinket for the Saudi money. Briedis & Zurdo will be fighting for the vacant title
7) That only leaves Mikaelian the WBC title holder as a potential Feb 2024 opponent for Jai's 2 fight deal with Saudi's, that is if Don King hasn't tied him up with some rematch clause with Makabu

Jai isn't afraid to fight anyone & can't help it if others are running scared of him

There might be a couple of facts in there, but you’re mostly making excuses! he’s a champion who’s defending his belt against guys not nearly good enough to even win their own domestic title. They shouldn’t be anywhere near a fucking title fight. What has either guy done to deserve a shot at a title?

You’re clearly a big fan based on your response (I’m a fan too). Seems like you’d rather your guy fight mugs, and guess/speculate about how other fighters won’t fight him, rather than have him defend against worthy fighters. Fans constantly making excuses for their favourite fighter is why we don’t get the fights we deserve. Instead we get the ibf champion picking fights with Britain’s 8 and 9th best CWs

Last edited:
There might be a couple of facts in there, but you’re mostly making excuses! he’s a champion who’s defending his belt against guys not nearly good enough to even win their own domestic title. They shouldn’t be anywhere near a fucking title fight. What has either guy done to deserve a shot at a title?

You’re clearly a big fan based on your response (I’m a fan too). Seems like you’d rather your guy fight mugs, and guess/speculate about how other fighters won’t fight him, rather than have him defend against worthy fighters. Fans constantly making excuses for their favourite fighter is why we don’t get the fights we deserve. Instead we get the ibf champion picking fights with Britain’s 8 and 9th best CWs
There might be a "couple of facts" in there says you but everything I said is factual if you followed the events which you obviously didn't

Go on twitter or Boxing forums, see the replies to Riakporhe on his latest fight, every 2nd comment is Brits criticizing him for ducking Opetaia & pulling out of the purse bid

Before Riakporhe, Masternak pulled out

That Briedis is injured & won't be ready for 23rd is confirmed by the fact that Briedis's camp never denied it or said anything against Jai fighting Zorro on the 23rd. More importantly IBF themselves canceled the purse bid they scheduled at the end of Nov for this fight

Zorro won't be a IBF title fight as I already told you that Jai dropped the IBF trinket (confirmed by Hearn in a video interview), latest reports I saw suggest Briedis will be fighting for it against Zurdo sometime in 2024. Jai can't just stay inactive waiting for Briedis (who hasn't fought since the fight against Jai) forever & forego Saudi paydays just to keep you happy

You call yourself a fan but can't be bothered to follow widely reported news & just blindly criticize

Here are the news:

Cruiserweight world champion Jai Opetaia (22-0) has been ordered to defend his title against Englishman Richard Riakporhe (16-0) by the IBF.

The move comes after representatives for Poland’s Mateusz Masternak informed the IBF overnight they wouldn’t be pursuing the fight with the Aussie.

Masternak was Opetaia’s mandatory challenger but it’s understood he’s agreed a to fight with WBO champion Chris Billam-Smith.

British cruiserweight Richard Riakporhe has vacated his position as mandatory challenger to Jai Opetaia's IBF title.

Purse bids for the world title fight were due to take place on Tuesday.

Riakporhe, 33, said he had previously accepted two fight offers to contest the belt.

"I missed out on other opportunities, which has left me inactive. It is clear other parties were simply trying to disrupt my journey, which I won't let happen," Riakporhe said.

"I have chosen to go a different route and will be sharing news of another world title opportunity very soon."

The World Boxing Association (WBA) Championships Committee ordered the bout between Super Cruiserweight Champion Arsen Goulamirian and his mandatory challenger Yuniel Dorticos.

The pioneer organization gave a 30-day period to negotiate the bout, which began this Tuesday, October 10, 2023 and will end next November 10. Both parties received the formal notification signed by Carlos Chávez, president of the championships committee of the organization.

According to Championship Rule C.11, the champion must defend the title against the official contender every nine (9) months from the date he became the champion. In Goulamirian’s case, his last mandatory defense was November 11, 2022 and his next mandatory championship fight should have been before August 11, 2023.

On the other hand, WBA rule C.13- WBA Fighting Limitations, states that the champion cannot fight a boxer who is not the official challenger within sixty (60) days before the mandatory defense period expires.

In case both parties do not reach an agreement or any of them refuses to sign the contract, the WBA may call for a Purse bid under the WBA rules.

Cruiserweight Champ Arsen Goulamirian In The Midst Of Legal Dispute With Promoter Yohan Zaoui​

Why Arsen Goulamirian vs Richard Riakporhe Didn’t Materialise​

The Promoter also argues that Goulamirian’s other two claims are false and that he turned down fights with Chris Billam-Smith and Richard Riakporhe – fights which would’ve been broadcast and fulfilled his contract.

Goulamirian allegedly turned down three separate dates to face England’s Riakporhe including September 30 in Marseille, France and two dates in the UK.

I reported on Twitter that Arsen Goulamirian claimed in a now-deleted interview last month to have signed a multi-fight deal with Ben Shalom’s BOXXER and to face Riakporhe.

Yohan Zaoui told L’Équipe, “I’ll take legal action against anyone who makes him box without my agreement.”

It is understood that Riakporhe and Goulamirian were targeting a Nov 25 date in London until the WBA ordered the Frenchman to face his mandatory Yuniel Dorticos next.

The likely scenario now is that the undefeated British cruiserweight will pursue the WBO route which will see him face Chris Billam-Smith next year after the Bournemouth titleist defends his strap in December, likely against Poland’s Mateusz Masternak.

All this orchestrated by Jai Opetaia I am sure so that he can avoid challenges

It will be interesting after this event how Warren acts and if he keeps flip flopping on where he sees Joshua , 2 weeks ago he wasn’t a top guy anymore and this week he has a heart of steel ?

This really is a Hearn / DAZN event , Frank knows this so I know he’s bothered by it when after the press conference the Saudis made DAZN it’s global partner not BT / TNT / ESPN.

Warren managed to put his name and face included and attached himself initially here ,I wonder how long this is actually going to last Knowing DAZN has to actually carry them ,my gut feeling if Usyk vs Fury fall short that’s strike two and Warren won’t be this go friendly guy he will attack Joshua and DAZN again and continue his regular character .

It will be interesting after this event how Warren acts and if he keeps flip flopping on where he sees Joshua , 2 weeks ago he wasn’t a top guy anymore and this week he has a heart of steel ?

This really is a Hearn / DAZN event , Frank knows this so I know he’s bothered by it when after the press conference the Saudis made DAZN it’s global partner not BT / TNT / ESPN.

Warren managed to put his name and face included and attached himself initially here ,I wonder how long this is actually going to last Knowing DAZN has to actually carry them ,my gut feeling if Usyk vs Fury fall short that’s strike two and Warren won’t be this go friendly guy he will attack Joshua and DAZN again and continue his regular character .
If he keeps getting that Saudi $ he is not saying nothing bad … he is the man on the trenches for them at least for ngannou vs fury, for this show ( Dazn had to be included because of Joshua’s exclusive deal) and for February 17, fury vs usyk …. Saudis work with any promoter they don’t care and they don’t care about tv deals nor PPV … this shows are for their people and to improve an international image, so they can care less about PPV sales and who carries the show

If he keeps getting that Saudi $ he is not saying nothing bad … he is the man on the trenches for them at least for ngannou vs fury, for this show ( Dazn had to be included because of Joshua’s exclusive deal) and for February 17, fury vs usyk …. Saudis work with any promoter they don’t care and they don’t care about tv deals nor PPV … this shows are for their people and to improve an international image, so they can care less about PPV sales and who carries the show
If Fury vs Usyk don’t deliver Warren is not going to be happy ,DAZN had to be included bc his guy Fury postponed the fight for no particular reasons claiming a face injury which no cuts surfaced . Fury vs Ngannou was not the success he claims he can’t afford another dud .

Warren does not work for DAZN this a DAZN event any way you call it . They can claim it’s a multi promotional but it’s only a matter of time bf it actually becomes a DAZN product , Warrens stable is very thin it’s why he’s only got 2 fighters on this card neither is a main event he wasn’t even by his fighter in the promo he’s no where to be seen DDD .

People forget that it was Hearn to first actually do a mega event over there with Joshua vs Ruiz 2 . Is Warren the guy in the trenches ? Not really the Saudis know Hearn is the go to guy not Warren after the Ngannou fight that’s why it’s a DAZN show not Warrens he may attach his name fir now but this isn’t going to last it can’t bc he’s a rival promotion in the same country it’s like a fight in a phone booth being U.K rivals and Warren will not accept being second I’m telling you now .

It’s not really about international images for Warren bc he is not a real international promoter,he actually relies on ESPN / Top Rank outside the U.K to broadcast his fights . Arum won’t be around forever and Warren Will actually get even less territory if DAZN continues to grow I’m suspecting he’ll try and sabotage this entire thing he’s already claimed Joshua isn’t a top guy after DAZN acquired the rights so that’s not exactly a guy you’d trust .

When or if Fury loses a title or retires you’ll see an entirely different scenario bc the only reason Hearn is being careful what he says is bc he still wants a Joshua vs Fury fight if it’s possible down the road . Lol

Last edited:
If Fury vs Usyk don’t deliver Warren is not going to be happy ,DAZN had to be included bc his guy Fury postponed the fight for no particular reasons claiming a face injury which no cuts surfaced . Fury vs Ngannou was not the success he claims he can’t afford another dud .

Warren does not work for DAZN this a DAZN event any way you call it . They can claim it’s a multi promotional but it’s only a matter of time bf it actually becomes a DAZN product , Warrens stable is very thin it’s why he’s only got 2 fighters on this card neither is a main event he wasn’t even by his fighter in the promo he’s no where to be seen DDD .

People forget that it was Hearn to first actually do a mega event over there with Joshua vs Ruiz 2 . Is Warren the guy in the trenches ? Not really the Saudis know Hearn is the go to guy not Warren after the Ngannou fight that’s why it’s a DAZN show not Warrens he may attach his name fir now but this isn’t going to last it can’t bc he’s a rival promotion in the same country it’s like a fight in a phone booth being U.K rivals and Warren will not accept being second I’m telling you now .

It’s not really about international images for Warren bc he is not a real international promoter,he actually relies on ESPN / Top Rank outside the U.K to broadcast his fights . Arum won’t be around forever and Warren Will actually get even less territory if DAZN continues to grow I’m suspecting he’ll try and sabotage this entire thing he’s already claimed Joshua isn’t a top guy after DAZN acquired the rights so that’s not exactly a guy you’d trust .

When or if Fury loses a title or retires you’ll see an entirely different scenario bc the only reason Hearn is being careful what he says is bc he still wants a Joshua vs Fury fight if it’s possible down the road . Lol
Short term he is taking advantage… down the road … who cares … nobody knows how long this Saudi injection is going to last

Opetaia vs Zorro
Opetaia KO/TKO RD5

He doesn't have a good enough defense to resist Opetaia's angles and combinations. In general, his in and out movements are on another level, Zoro doesn't have good enough footwork to follow that.

Sanchez vs Fa
Sanchez KO/TKO RD3

Sanchez has problems with fighters who fight behind the jab and who impose their own rhythm. Fa collapses under pressure and I think Sanchez will close the distance with his cuban style and shut him down with one punch.

Makhmudov vs Kabayel
Makhmudov KO/TKO RD2

Makhmudov with his power can break it through the center line of the double deck. I don't see a boxer in HW who can exchange punches with Makhmudov.

Hrgovic vs Mori
Filip Hrgovic KO/TKO RD8

Hrgovic works slowly in the initial rounds, slowly increasing the pace so that he will break Mori, who is quite small for HW. Hrgovic will stir him up with long combinations.

Dubois vs Miller
Dubois KO/TKO RD1

Both like to fight in the pocket, Dubois has a lot of tight shots and likes to throw to the body, which is a problem for Miller. Better combinatorics, punch placement and more power in the hands for what I favor to Dubois.

Bivol vs Arthur
Bivol KO/TKO RD10

In the beginning, Dmitry will have problems with that jab and finding the distance, as soon as he starts downloading the data, he will easily punish the holes in Arthur's game, his bouncing style is something perfect for it. Arthur has weak chin and I think Bivol will find him in the late rounds.

Wilder vs Parker
Parker UD

With a changing rhythm and distance management, Parker can reach a decision in his favor with 12 rounds without a mistake. His essence in this fight should be a lot of jabs, movement, check hook and roll under clinch. Parker has an excellent boxing technique and I think he is a versatile boxer and knows how to adapt to his opponent. Value is great for this fight.

Joshua vs Wallin
Joshua UD

Wallin is quite open in this saga of shortening the distance, and Joshua has excellent timing. Wallin is like a tank that moves forward, it's so difficult to fight with such boxers, but for Joshua we know that he has the ability to control it like against Ruiz, he needs to copy that in this fight. Close decision I think.

Last edited:
Opetaia vs Zorro
Opetaia KO/TKO RD5

He doesn't have a good enough defense to resist Opetaia's angles and combinations. In general, his in and out movements are on another level, Zoro doesn't have good enough footwork to follow that.

Sanchez vs Fa
Sanchez KO/TKO RD3

Sanchez has problems with fighters who fight behind the jab and who impose their own rhythm. Fa collapses under pressure and I think Sanchez will close the distance with his cuban style and shut him down with one punch.

Makhmudov vs Kabayel
Makhmudov KO/TKO RD2

Makhmudov with his power can break it through the center line of the double deck. I don't see a boxer in HW who can exchange punches with Makhmudov.

Hrgovic vs Mori
Filip Hrgovic KO/TKO RD8

Hrgovic works slowly in the initial rounds, slowly increasing the pace so that he will break Mori, who is quite small for HW. Hrgovic will stir him up with long combinations.

Dubois vs Miller
Dubois KO/TKO RD1

Both like to fight in the pocket, Dubois has a lot of tight shots and likes to throw to the body, which is a problem for Miller. Better combinatorics, punch placement and more power in the hands for what I favor to Dubois.

Bivol vs Arthur
Bivol KO/TKO RD10

In the beginning, Dmitry will have problems with that jab and finding the distance, as soon as he starts downloading the data, he will easily punish the holes in Arthur's game, his bouncing style is something perfect for it. Arthur has weak chin and I think Bivol will find him in the late rounds.

Wilder vs Parker
Parker UD

With a changing rhythm and distance management, Parker can reach a decision in his favor with 12 rounds without a mistake. His essence in this fight should be a lot of jabs, movement, check hook and roll under clinch. Parker has an excellent boxing technique and I think he is a versatile boxer and knows how to adapt to his opponent. Value is great for this fight.

Joshua vs Wallin
Joshua UD

Wallin is quite open in this saga of shortening the distance, and Joshua has excellent timing. Wallin is like a tank that moves forward, it's so difficult to fight with such boxers, but for Joshua we know that he has the ability to control it like against Ruiz, he needs to copy that in this fight. Close decision I think.

There's nothing wrong with Arthur's chin.

Opetaia vs Zorro
Opetaia KO/TKO RD5

Sanchez vs Fa
Sanchez KO/TKO RD3

Makhmudov vs Kabayel
Makhmudov KO/TKO RD2

Hrgovic vs Mori
Filip Hrgovic KO/TKO RD8

Dubois vs Miller
Dubois KO/TKO RD1

Bivol vs Arthur
Bivol KO/TKO RD10

Wilder vs Parker
Parker UD

Joshua vs Wallin
Joshua UD

I’ll honestly be suprised if Wilder doesn’t knock out Parker in 1 round.

Opetaia vs Zorro
Opetaia KO/TKO RD5

Sanchez vs Fa
Sanchez KO/TKO RD3

Makhmudov vs Kabayel
Makhmudov KO/TKO RD2

Hrgovic vs Mori
Filip Hrgovic KO/TKO RD8

Dubois vs Miller
Dubois KO/TKO RD1

Bivol vs Arthur
Bivol KO/TKO RD10

Wilder vs Parker
Parker UD

Joshua vs Wallin
Joshua UD

Not sure I agree with all of that but this is HW boxing (mostly) so anything can happen, and I’d be pretty happy with your predictions. You make some really good points, good post dude. Gotta say I am really looking forward to this card, outside of the couple of obvious mismatches

I’ll honestly be suprised if Wilder doesn’t knock out Parker in 1 round.

Guys like spijlka, Washington and molina took him to mid rounds, and won most of those rounds as well. Parker is far better than any of those and is more durable. I think wilder probably does get the KO at some point, but I’d but surprised if it’s the first round. I think he’ll get him mid to late rounds and I think this will be a tough fight for wilder. Outside of fury this is easily wilders second best opponent he’s faced. An ex title holder who has actually fought against other top HWs

Back