Saudi Arabia might host the Joshua vs Ruiz rematch

RichardHarrow

'arrow
@Brown
Reaction score
Per the Telegraph and other official news sites

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/boxing/...-face-andy-ruiz-jr-saudi-arabia-december/amp/

Anthony Joshua will be heading to the Middle East on December 7 as the deposed heavyweight boxing champion attempts to wrest back three of the four principal world title belts from Andy Ruiz Jr on neutral1 territory, The Telegraph can reveal.

It is understood an official announcement will be made today ...

Per the Telegraph and other official news sites

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/boxing/...-face-andy-ruiz-jr-saudi-arabia-december/amp/

Anthony Joshua will be heading to the Middle East on December 7 as the deposed heavyweight boxing champion attempts to wrest back three of the four principal world title belts from Andy Ruiz Jr on neutral1 territory, The Telegraph can reveal.

It is understood an official announcement will be made today ...

They should do it in a country that has some actual boxing roots and past champions

Fair and acceptable for both parties.

Don't really care. Would have preferred it be in Cardiff but I suppose it's fairer on Ruiz to be held on neutral turf but I doubt that Ruiz would win a decision where ever it is held.

I'm personally scared of Saudi Arabia, on top of that I can't even get a beer over there, apparently. No way for me to go to this if I could. But those Princes can throw a ton of money at these guys and make a bigger noise out of an already big event, so why not I guess. It's gonna be hot, I don't want to see these guys just tiring out and laying on each other for the whole fight, put this shit inside with mega ac's.

I don’t imagine there’ll be much atmosphere there. I’m imagining something like that WBSS event held in Russia where the main event started at 2 am local time. Completely dead environment.

I'm personally scared of Saudi Arabia, on top of that I can't even get a beer over there, apparently. No way for me to go to this if I could. But those Princes can throw a ton of money at these guys and make a bigger noise out of an already big event, so why not I guess. It's gonna be hot, I don't want to see these guys just tiring out and laying on each other for the whole fight, put this shit inside with mega ac's.

This is would be advantage for Ruiz, as Joshua is the one with stamina issues.

I don't get this Eddie Hearn guy sometimes.

It's gonna be hot, I don't want to see these guys just tiring out and laying on each other for the whole fight, put this shit inside with mega ac's.
Would it be that bad in December?

This is would be advantage for Ruiz, as Joshua is the one with stamina issues.

I don't get this Eddie Hearn guy sometimes.
I feel like AJ is gonna take the safe Wlad approach. Land a punch come in, lay on the smaller guy for as long as he can, try to tire him out rinse and repeat. I agree Ruiz can go 12 even in rough conditions whereas AJ will tire harder and quicker.

I remember in the Khan vs Dib fight the majority of the spectators there were barely paying any attention.

Would it be that bad in December?
Good point, not sure about the temps in SA tho in winter times. Probably still nice weather, I'd assume but maybe cooler, for sure. Disclaimer: I have no idea about the winter temps in SA I'm just bullshitting and guessing rn.

Good point, not sure about the temps in SA tho in winter times. Probably still nice weather, I'd assume but maybe cooler, for sure. Disclaimer: I have no idea about the winter temps in SA I'm just bullshitting and guessing rn.
WWE have held 3 events there in the past year or so. I don't think they've struggled too badly.

Neutral ground indeed. Deplorable history and atmospherewise, though.

Everyone has a price.

Don't really care. Would have preferred it be in Cardiff but I suppose it's fairer on Ruiz to be held on neutral turf but I doubt that Ruiz would win a decision where ever it is held.

What a stupid fucking thing to say, its being held in a completely neutral venue, financed by people who have no interest in either party, yet some people cant help trying to lay down the foundations for a "scandal" before a punch is thrown.

Grow the fuck up!

Makes sense to hold it in neutral ground. As a fan I would have preferred to see it in England though, the Brits really do boxing right over there.

I don't mind it, couldnt be more neutral. Hearn has been toying with this idea for a while, he's found the perfect fight to overcharge the repulsive princes and their bottomless wealth. Surprised it doesnt happen more often tbh.

Back