Saudi Arabia might host the Joshua vs Ruiz rematch

Ruiz is shitting his pants from the rematch.

I honestly believe that he thinks he got lucky and doesn’t want any of AJ in the rematch. Little scared bitch.

Dude should be full of confidence. I think the 2nd fight will look very different but there’s a good chance he wins again. Personally I think it will be a boring points win for Joshua. He ain’t taking no risks in the rematch, but it is intriguing

Ruiz isn't being the little bitch here. Arrogant Eddie and AJ thought they would walk through Ruiz and make it big in the US, Ruiz had other ideas and as he's now the champ he gets to call the shots, Eddie should pipe down.

Seems that Ruiz has signed a contract for the rematch and some of the finer details. It’s not arrogant holding someone to a contract that they have signed is it?

Ruiz is shitting his pants from the rematch.

I honestly believe that he thinks he got lucky and doesn’t want any of AJ in the rematch. Little scared bitch.

I disagree with all three sentences. Hey ho.

He doesn’t get to call fuck all, he’s already signed a contract. What don’t you understand about that?

Fuck it, I hope he doesn’t fight AJ and we never see him fight again. Arrogant mess he is now.
So he's signed a contract to fight and unsurprisingly isn't keen on fighting in Saudi Arabia, yet you call him a little bitch? Why should AJ or Hearn dictate where the fight should be? Shouldn't the champ have a say?

Seems that Ruiz has signed a contract for the rematch and some of the finer details. It’s not arrogant holding someone to a contract that they have signed is it?
I don't think there is an argument about the rematch, it's the venue that's being disputed.
Are you suggesting it's not arrogant to dictate where a fight should be (even though you are not the champ / represent the champ), but it is arrogant to want a say where a fight should be? Seems a bit weird.

So he's signed a contract to fight and unsurprisingly isn't keen on fighting in Saudi Arabia, yet you call him a little bitch? Why should AJ or Hearn dictate where the fight should be? Shouldn't the champ have a say?

Supposedly Joshua’s side having control of the venue was part of the rematch clause.

If (and remember I’m saying if) that’s the case and the contracts tight enough for no wiggle room then unfortunately for Ruiz then no he doesn’t.

I don't think there is an argument about the rematch, it's the venue that's being disputed.
Are you suggesting it's not arrogant to dictate where a fight should be (even though you are not the champ / represent the champ), but it is arrogant to want a say where a fight should be? Seems a bit weird.
So how many venues is he gonna turn down? So far he's turned down fighting in the UK, so that's two possible venues with Wembley Stadium and Principality Stadium, and now he's saying he doesn't like the Saudi venue. Also, why was he so happy about the fight location a few weeks ago, but not now? The dude literally admitted on JRE as such, and even liked the tweet that announced the location. I think he also needs to make up his mind on whether it's the pay he objects to or the venue, or maybe some 3rd excuse that he hasn't thought of yet.

Supposedly Joshua’s side having control of the venue was part of the rematch clause.

If (and remember I’m saying if) that’s the case and the contracts tight enough for no wiggle room then unfortunately for Ruiz then no he doesn’t.
Yeah I would agree with that, if that's the case.

So how many venues is he gonna turn down? So far he's turned down fighting in the UK, so that's two possible venues with Wembley Stadium and Principality Stadium, and now he's saying he doesn't like the Saudi venue. Also, why was he so happy about the fight location a few weeks ago, but not now? The dude literally admitted on JRE as such, and even liked the tweet that announced the location. I think he also needs to make up his mind on whether it's the pay he objects to or the venue, or maybe some 3rd excuse that he hasn't thought of yet.
I'm assuming it's not so much turning down venues in the UK, but fighting in the UK as a whole, which is home turf for AJ. If there is no venue clause in the rematch contract, then there;s no reason for AJ and Hearn to dictate where the fight will be. At this point everything is just speculation.

I'm assuming it's not so much turning down venues in the UK, but fighting in the UK as a whole, which is home turf for AJ. If there is no venue clause in the rematch contract, then there;s no reason for AJ and Hearn to dictate where the fight will be. At this point everything is just speculation.
Well I don't think anybody other than the people in the situation are gonna know exactly. Hearn said they have the say on it, so I assume they do for the moment, as Ruiz can't seem to make up his mind on what the exact issue is and is making a lot of excuses.

Well I don't think anybody other than the people in the situation are gonna know exactly. Hearn said they have the say on it, so I assume they do for the moment, as Ruiz can't seem to make up his mind on what the exact issue is and is making a lot of excuses.
I would take what Hearn says with a pinch of salt.

Yeah I'm really not happy with his attitude atm, Ruiz came off like a great guy after the fight, humble etc, then Al Haymon sticks his hand up his a** now all of a sudden Ruiz is acting like a bell end.

Basically Al Haymon wants the fight in America so he can insert a "favourable" judge, get his American buddies to cash in on a domestic Network and keep the belts and events stateside.

Unlike Hearn who tries everything he can to get fights on, Haymon doesn't give a sh*t about the fans.

Yeah I'm really not happy with his attitude atm, Ruiz came off like a great guy after the fight, humble etc, then Al Haymon sticks his hand up his a** now all of a sudden Ruiz is acting like a bell end.

Basically Al Haymon wants the fight in America so he can insert a "favourable" judge, get his American buddies to cash in on a domestic Network and keep the belts and events stateside.

Unlike Hearn who tries everything he can to get fights on, Haymon doesn't give a sh*t about the fans.
I'm thinking the same tbh. Some people are acting like Saudi is full of corruption and America is immune to it.

I don't really think Al Haymon even has his fighters best interests at heart tbh. He's stopped 1 of his fighters from becoming a unified HW champion, 1 of his fighters from becoming a undisputed HW champion, and now is risking another fighter being stripped of 3 world championships.

What is Ruiz bitching about? AJ could and should have had the rematch in the UK.

What is Ruiz bitching about? AJ could and should have had the rematch in the UK.

I think the Dillian whyte, tyson fury and eric molina situations have spooked certain people about fighting in certain places

They are concerned fighters can load up with PED's and UKAD won't report anything for years after the fight and even then they could be bullied in the courts into favourable outcomes

So he wants a US fight,

unfortunately if you want to fight AJ, you have to sign a contract putting you into a weak position, or be accused of "ducking"

Last edited:
It’s the Mayweather way of doing boxing business. Either you at a complete disadvantage physically, mentally and psychologically plus hopefully coming off a few losses. And of course
I have to make much more money than you. Or the fight doesn’t happen

Back