Saudi Arabia might host the Joshua vs Ruiz rematch

Yeah I'm not surprised man, its not right for a sporting event with high energy like WWE, boxing, MMA, etc etc. A big factor that makes these events memorable are the crowd, the atmosphere adds sooooooooooooo much to it all.

If you watch a sparring match where both guys are really going to their max, it gets boring quick, its ok for a few rounds and then your eyes just wander lol. You really need everything else to make it what it is, the crowd is 70% of it.

UFC 112 just seemed so flat to me watching it from TV, I remember having the prelims on thinking everyone was asleep and it was so quiet, but thinking it will pick up as main card comes, but nope, it was the same as the first prelims, no energy or atmosphere.
Honestly, when I go to boxing or MMA or whatever, I don't usually do much other than clap when something cool happens, but I cannot imagine sitting in a totally silent crowd that couldn't give a shit.

I was watching one of the WWE Saudi events and they had little kids running down the isles and the whole front rows were just on their phones. Looked like they'd rather be at home.

When UFC did 112 in Dubai (which is nowhere near as extreme as Saudi on many things) the atmosphere was really bad I thought, there was tons of sheikhs there and then in upper rows there were more fans, but it seemed so quiet and sleepy. Prelims and main card just had a very no-buzz feel to it.

A desert huh...

tenor.gif

When UFC did 112 in Dubai (which is nowhere near as extreme as Saudi on many things) the atmosphere was really bad I thought, there was tons of sheikhs there and then in upper rows there were more fans, but it seemed so quiet and sleepy. Prelims and main card just had a very no-buzz feel to it.

They're just not a rowdy people culturally, they don't drink or shout around and scream during sporting events, they'll cheer if something good is happening but that's about it.

Also your comment on the Shieks, that's even worse, its local aristocracy and rich folk being there "just to be there" for status rather than the sweet science, they are not true boxing fans.

More likely talking about business deals and who's Ferrari is getting covered in diamonds and Gold rims rather than the fight itself.

Lots of unnecessary discussion here, triggered by some fake news... which news site was that by the way?

Here's Hearn confirming everything... plus a jab at Fury:

Lots of unnecessary discussion here, triggered by some fake news... which news site was that by the way?

It’s just what Ruiz said,

I think he probably benefits from the belts being fragmented because he only needs one title to market himself as a champion, and that should be easy to attain if Ruiz loses a belt or two.

I feel bad for Ruiz. He had a lot of momentum after the first fight but I think it’s going to be squandered if he makes negotiations too difficult and they drag on too long.

Suppose it depends how serious he is about holding all the belts.

Eddie says there are questions around “logistics”. He’s has also recently said “Ruiz has signed up for the rematch” without specifically confirming the Saudi fight is signed.

Weasel words IMO.

Best guess is that the Saudi rematch is legally consistent with the rematch requirements of the original contract, but that Ruiz hasn’t put pen to paper yet.

Eddie says there are questions around “logistics”. He’s has also recently said “Ruiz has signed up for the rematch” without specifically confirming the Saudi fight is signed.

Weasel words IMO.

Best guess is that the Saudi rematch is legally consistent with the rematch requirements of the original contract, but that Ruiz hasn’t put pen to paper yet.

Ruiz is being a little bitch in my opinion. Just give AJ the rematch he deserves, he gave you a gift shot at the unified heavyweight title FFS.

Ruiz is being a little bitch in my opinion. Just give AJ the rematch he deserves, he gave you a gift shot at the unified heavyweight title FFS.

He’s the champ and he’s rightly trying to get the best possible deal for himself in the rematch whilst Hearn tries to screw him every which way. That’s all.

Ruiz isn't being the little bitch here. Arrogant Eddie and AJ thought they would walk through Ruiz and make it big in the US, Ruiz had other ideas and as he's now the champ he gets to call the shots, Eddie should pipe down.

He’s the champ and he’s rightly trying to get the best possible deal for himself in the rematch whilst Hearn tries to screw him every which way. That’s all.

Ruiz isn't being the little bitch here. Arrogant Eddie and AJ thought they would walk through Ruiz and make it big in the US, Ruiz had other ideas and as he's now the champ he gets to call the shots, Eddie should pipe down.
I wonder if you guys would say that if it was Hearn or AJ making excuses and trying to worm their way out of signed contracts.

I wonder if you guys would say that if it was Hearn or AJ making excuses and trying to worm their way out of signed contracts.
Has Ruiz has signed a contract to fight in Saudi Arabia? Do we know that for a fact?

He doesn’t get to call fuck all, he’s already signed a contract. What don’t you understand about that?

Fuck it, I hope he doesn’t fight AJ and we never see him fight again. Arrogant mess he is now.

Has Ruiz has signed a contract to fight in Saudi Arabia? Do we know that for a fact?

He’s signed a contract for the rematch. Hearn advised all he needed to provide was a date and venue. What is so hard for people to understand about that?

Interesting video here... And I agree. Haymon is the brain behind Ruiz, as he's the brain of many boxers. Eddie Hearn has probably found out already that Haymon is sharper than the people he usually has on the phone:

How dare you suggest Hearn and Joshua aren’t fully to blame for everything.

As we don’t know what’s stipulated in the original contract regarding rematch venue, it’s hard to know whether Ruiz is trying to “worm out” or just legitimately protecting his interests.

Either way, Saudi Arabia is an awful location for this fight.

As we don’t know what’s stipulated in the original contract regarding rematch venue, it’s hard to know whether Ruiz is trying to “worm out” or just legitimately protecting his interests.

Either way, Saudi Arabia is an awful location for this fight.

Ruiz is shitting his pants from the rematch.

I honestly believe that he thinks he got lucky and doesn’t want any of AJ in the rematch. Little scared bitch.

Back