2020 Oscar Nominations Predictions

Steve Rogers

Mistress Kate's slave
Banned
Reaction score
It's now 2 days before they're announced. Who wants to guess who and what'll get nominated for cinematography, the acting categories, the screenplay categories, Best Director, and Best Picture?

I think the easiest one is Joaquin Phoenix in the joker even though he’s psychotic

Whoever pays the most / campaigns the hardest, I would guess......same as every year.

Oscars are bullsh!t they rarely give oscars to movies real people see always some artsy fartsy crap with on and on dialogue. I'm not opposed to good dramas, thrillers, and such but the dramas and thrillers I like never get a mention or nod as for action flicks forget about it.

Oscars are bullsh!t they rarely give oscars to movies real people see always some artsy fartsy crap with on and on dialogue. I'm not opposed to good dramas, thrillers, and such but the dramas and thrillers I like never get a mention or nod as for action flicks forget about it.
Yeah, sometimes I can appreciate the artsy stuff but sometimes it feels like a stretch.

Best actor to Phoenix
Best movie Knives Out

The Oscars don't often nominate things genuinely "arty" though, something like The Favourite for example is quite rare.

as long as Ricky Gervais gets to go up on stage and roast the hell out of those pretentious fools for a good solid 10 minutes, then they can give away their golden calf to whoever they want

Didn’t ‘Black Panther’ win an Oscar? That was a shit film that a bunch of people saw.

as long as Ricky Gervais gets to go up on stage and roast the hell out of those pretentious fools for a good solid 10 minutes, then they can give away their golden calf to whoever they want

They would never get Gervais to host. They're too soft.

We're talking about the Oscars, not the Golden Globes.

Answer the question please
Your question doesn't make sense. I never said I have anything against Knives Out.

Last edited:
Back