2020 Oscar Nominations Predictions

I thought it was really good. It's not like Bohemian Rhapsody though. It's more Moulin Rouge in it's approach to the subject matter. But the dude did a really good job though.
Good. I didn't think much of Bohemian Rhapsody. Too straightforward.

@MoiraL7

Anything worth seeing that hasn't already been mentioned?

Best Picture:
Once Upon a Time...
Marriage Story
* Uncut Gems
Joker
Parasite
The Irishmen
Joker
Little Women
Dolemite is my Name...

We usually don't get 10 Best Picture nominees so if one is omitted i'm guessing *Uncut Gems will be the one. Little Women and Dolemite will get in cause they're very good and they satisfy the diversity check marks. I'm too lazy to list all the other categories.

Best Picture:
Once Upon a Time...
Marriage Story
* Uncut Gems
Joker
Parasite
The Irishmen
Joker
Little Women
Dolemite is my Name...

We usually don't get 10 Best Picture nominees so if one is omitted i'm guessing *Uncut Gems will be the one. Little Women and Dolemite will get in cause they're very good and they satisfy the diversity check marks. I'm too lazy to list all the other categories.
actually a very good and probable list.

The academy isn't giving a distinctly British movie with two no-name British actors and exactly: one woman, and two people of color in tiny roles, Best Picture. Only way it even stands a chance is if it becomes a huge hit in America over the next month...

Remember: Dunkirk didn't get Best Picture, and it was just as technically brilliant while having the cache of Nolan Directing and Tom Hardy in the lead. It lost Best Picture to a movie about fish fucking... it lost Best Picture to a movie about fish fucking. That's how much Hollywood is opposed to handing out Best Picture to imports.

Best Picture will come down to (in order of likelyhood):

Once Upon a Time...
Joker
The Irishman
Marriage Story
Parasite (yes its foreign, but relevant, and brilliant)
Ford v. Ferrari
Little Women
Knives Out
Uncut Gems
Jojo
Dolemite

@MoiraL7

Anything worth seeing that hasn't already been mentioned?
Not really, for all the lil dvd screeners i'm drowning in, everything up for nods is pretty self-descriptive. No big surprises or upsets excerpt 1917 which i haven't scoped yet

Not really, for all the lil dvd screeners i'm drowning in, everything up for nods is pretty self-descriptive. No big surprises or upsets excerpt 1917 which i haven't scoped yet
How do you get DVD screeners? What do you do?

I hear Uncut Gems is really good.
Legit thought you were f'ing with me and that was the name of some ghey pr0n.

Just based on what everyone has mentioned i need to see 1917 and Knives out asap

How do you get DVD screeners? What do you do?
Most SAG-AFTRA (TV/Film union) members get screeners and a link to vote online, i like to think that if I cast my votes in the opposite direction of Brad Pitt's picks it's like he doesn't even exist

Best Picture:
Once Upon a Time...
Marriage Story
* Uncut Gems
Joker
Parasite
The Irishmen
Joker
Little Women
Dolemite is my Name...

Well Joker is twice, so maybe get rid of one of those.

Most SAG-AFTRA (TV/Film union) members get screeners and a link to vote online, i like to think that if I cast my votes in the opposite direction of Brad Pitt's picks it's like he doesn't even exist
Are you an actress?

actually a very good and probable list.

Thanks. When you set aside the Netflix movies (Irishman, Dolemite, Marriage) the minority movies (Little Women), and the foreign films (1917, Parasite), i think its apretty easy year to call as far as BP winner is:

IMO It'll be either Once Upon a Time in Hollywood or Joker, with QT being the favorite. It's a HW movie an LA movie, damn good, and QT's long over due.

Good. I didn't think much of Bohemian Rhapsody. Too straightforward.

I think it’s a damn entertaining movie. The re-creation of Live-Aid alone is worth it in my
View though many would argue that you might as well just watch the original epic Queen performance.

as a big fan of Queen, I was an easy mark for enjoying that movie. I thought Malek did a great job and the other actors cast as the band mates were very well cast from a visual and performance standpoint. Great to hear the music throughout the movie.

definitely straightforward and not really a best picture nominee type but entertaining.

I hope Once Upon A Time in Hollywood wins every Oscar.

QT's body of work and Hollywood loving the smell of its own farts could make my dream come true!!

Joaquin Phoenix already said what these bullshit awards are, just give the prize to the most famous and hyped actor of the current times to get ratings and sell ads

so, its just a big load of bullshit

Usually the guild awards are closer to the Oscars than the globes and the Bafta's.

Basically all the award nominations will be for Once upon a time, 1917, Jojo Rabbit, Irishman, marriage story and Parasite.

I think Joker only wins in best actor category and maybe gets a best picture nomination because they nominate more than 5 films at the Oscars.

Netflix films will get snuffed from winning best picture and Parasite for being foreign. Basically Hollywood vs 1917.

Maybe they will give Scarlett the Oscar in supportting actress for Jojo since the favorite for best actress is Rene for Judy.

Back