Movies Daniel Day-Lewis ‘Says He’s Done’ With Acting: ‘He Opens Up the Streamers and There’s 7,000 Choices, None of Them Good’

You think he'll go back to acting on film or TV?

• Total voters
I feel like Daniel Day-Lewis was one of the last legit actors, just getting completely immersed in the role and bringing the character literally to life.

I believe if the “right” project comes along he just might be up for it.
I think part of the problem is that the kinds of films he build his career on are in progressive decline.

The current model for the "credable star" tends to be more to do some entertainment blockbusters which earn them money and some low budget arthouse drama which they do basically for free.

Last edited:
I blame every person who's ever spent a penny on Marvel nerdsploitation.
I blame movie makers for not making films people want to see. And streaming services have changed the game.

Last edited:
I would be surprised if he never acts at all again, but he is a different kind of dude.

Just happened to watch "Lincoln" last night for the first time. DDL was good, but I thought Tommy Lee Jones was a little better.

Last edited:
It’s all good homie,

Carry on..

Imo, out of white boys pretending to be skins in movies, my personal is

Kevin Costner > Daniel Day Lewis
idk man Wolves over Mohicans?
I know which I am going for on replays

but Wolves is the best Costner and you get a twofer with Costner and his wife

Once he gets Alzheimer's he'll come back and be the ultimate method Actor. The movie will be better than 'My Left Foot'.

idk man Wolves over Mohicans?
I know which I am going for on replays

but Wolves is the best Costner and you get a twofer with Costner and his wife
I have the movies in two different categories, if I want a kick ass action flick then I’m going Mohicans.

But if I want more of a story line, then I’m going Dances with Wolves.

I mean don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed The Mohicans story line but it just hits me more of an action flick.

Dances with Wolves was the full epic, it had everything but sprinkled in the right amount here and there.

I put Dances with Wolves in the category of movies like, Braveheart and Gangs of New York. Just enough action but it’s the story line that draws you in.

He's too young to retire, unless he has some kind of terminal or degenerative illness he isn't disclosing, in which case I understand.

Otherwise, I think he's being an overly precious weirdo, or some other kinda nuts.

hes a great actor so maybe this is his way of riding off into the sunset on top without having to off himself. Phantom thread is a odd movie to call it a career on though.

Back