Movies Daniel Day-Lewis ‘Says He’s Done’ With Acting: ‘He Opens Up the Streamers and There’s 7,000 Choices, None of Them Good’

You think he'll go back to acting on film or TV?

• Total voters
Where's the "I don't care" poll option?

I got you!
Tommy-Lee-Jones-I-Dont-Care-The-Fugitive.gif

Needs more smugness to go along with his ego

You play pretend dress up in front of a camera

Get over yourself

All my life, I’ve mouthed off about how I should stop acting, and I don’t know why it was different this time, but the impulse to quit took root in me, and that became a compulsion. It was something I had to do.”
Anyone who has done something they loved for too long recognizes themselves in this statement. Eventually it becomes more work than pleasure, and you’re doing it because you have to.

You start talking about quitting, not completely seriously at first. But the more you talk about it, and think about it, the more you realize it’s the only choice.

. Film has been moved out of the public domain into a private domain –
Does anyone here have an opinion on what this statement means? Is there sone sort of "underground Hollywood" making good films that aren't realeased publicly or something?

In 5 years there will only be a thousand or so actors left in Hollywood, in 10 years there will be a handful.

AI removes most of the cost of making a film, there will be a short window of time when studios and creators use AI to make their dreams reality and this will be followed almost instantly by AI creating what it knows will be the perfect film for you at any given moment.

In 5 years there will only be a thousand or so actors left in Hollywood, in 10 years there will be a handful.

AI removes most of the cost of making a film, there will be a short window of time when studios and creators use AI to make their dreams reality and this will be followed almost instantly by AI creating what it knows will be the perfect film for you at any given moment.

Yeap, they've pretty much data mined the crap out of people already, can you imagine they probably know enough about each and everyone one of us already they just need AI to get a bit better and it will be tailored to your individual taste.

I love his movie in the name of the father. It’s not his best performance, but it’s such a good movie. His best performance is there will be blood. He was brilliant in that.

I am glad he is going the Khabib / GSP route rather than Tony.

That said if something special like American Ninja 6 or another Dude where's my car sequel was made I think he will return.

I would love to see a cameo in a good comedy. Like Charleston Heston in Wayne's world 2.

Or playing himself jokingly like Kareem Abdul Jabar in Airplane.

DDL's legacy is secure and, if he's been sensible with his money, will never have to work again. He might as well enjoy his retirement.

He's too young to retire, unless he has some kind of terminal or degenerative illness he isn't disclosing, in which case I understand.

Otherwise, I think he's being an overly precious weirdo, or some other kinda nuts.

He's pushing seventy, and considering what he puts into his roles I'm not surprised he's done.

I'm just grateful for what he's contributed over the years, what a fucking career.

DDL's legacy is secure and, if he's been sensible with his money, will never have to work again. He might as well enjoy his retirement.

Jesus, I fucking hope so. His net worth is said to be around sixty million.

I don't remember any stories about him buying white tigers or gold Bentleys.

Jesus, I fucking hope so. His net worth is said to be around sixty million.

I don't remember any stories about him buying white tigers or gold Bentleys.

I didn't know that. I just figured a guy like him, at the top of his profession for so long, would have made good money.

Money don't buy happiness, but it does buy freedom to do whatever you want and not have to worry about paying the bills.

I didn't know that. I just figured a guy like him, at the top of his profession for so long, would have made good money.

Money don't buy happiness, but it does buy freedom to do whatever you want and not have to worry about paying the bills.

Money up until the point all your needs and concerns are satisfied buys happiness, but beyond that it just creates more "needs".

Rich people feeling they MUST make more to fit in with other rich people.

Back