2020 Oscar Nominations Predictions

Didn’t ‘Black Panther’ win an Oscar? That was a shit film that a bunch of people saw.

Think it won something in one of those lesser categories like best hair or something..?

What did you like about it? It could be good, but the previews looked terrible.
The writing was top notch, a story full of twists and turns that kept you guessing til the very end
The characters were hilarious but also hateable and complex enough to keep you interested in everyone's story, every actor brought their A game
The babyface was pure and true and really made you root for her
Before it opened I wasn't interested in it at all cause old timey murder mysteries ain't really my thing
But after hearing all the chatter I decided to check it out and I'm glad I did cause I was really surprised by how much I loved this movie
In conclusion give it my highest 7 thumbs up recommendation

The writing was top notch, a story full of twists and turns that kept you guessing til the very end
The characters were hilarious but also hateable and complex enough to keep you interested in everyone's story, every actor brought their A game
The babyface was pure and true and really made you root for her
Before it opened I wasn't interested in it at all cause old timey murder mysteries ain't really my thing
But after hearing all the chatter I decided to check it out and I'm glad I did cause I was really surprised by how much I loved this movie
In conclusion give it my highest 7 thumbs up recommendation

I dig ‘Clue’ if you’ve ever seen that. Maybe I’d dig this one then too.

What's the difference? Uh...
2 awards pageants? Uh...
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

you don't understand english? what is the difference...why can't one man host both the oscars AND the golden globes. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE?

Yes, 2 different awards for 1 industry, what is not clear about this? I clearly don't understand and this is why I asked the questions

Didn’t ‘Black Panther’ win an Oscar? That was a shit film that a bunch of people saw.

The categories it won were actually categories in which is really excelled though. It won costume design, musical score, and production design.

I dig ‘Clue’ if you’ve ever seen that. Maybe I’d dig this one then too.
If you liked Clue, you'll definitely like this
There was even a little tip of the hat to Clue in this movie

you don't understand english? what is the difference...why can't one man host both the oscars AND the golden globes. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE?

Yes, 2 different awards for 1 industry, what is not clear about this? I clearly don't understand and this is why I asked the questions

One is the Golden Globes - Hollywood Foreign Press Association and the other is Oscars - Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Their two different entities apparently. There actually many award shows for movies not just these two. It's over done, but it's been like this for 50 + years now.

Best Actress: Renee Zelweger for Judy
Best Actor: Pheonix for Joker
Supporting Actress: Zhao Shuzhen for The Farewell
Supporting Actor: Brad Pitt for Once Upon a Time
Director: Tarantino

Best picture: I have to see a few of the movies still. I have not seen Knives Out, heard it's great. I have not seen 1917 either. Right now, I think Once Upon and Time in Hollywood would beat out the Irishman.

I think the only movie I saw this year was Godzilla. That one gets biggest let down ever and stupidest director ever.

Anyways, Hollywood is dying. TV is way better now

I think the only movie I saw this year was Godzilla. That one gets biggest let down ever and stupidest director ever.

Anyways, Hollywood is dying. TV is way better now

Hollywood owns TV shows as well I believe. There all in the same circle.

One is the Golden Globes - Hollywood Foreign Press Association and the other is Oscars - Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Their two different entities apparently. There actually many award shows for movies not just these two. It's over done, but it's been like this for 50 + years now.

thanks. Sounds like a group of folks who think way too high of themselves. Ricky Gervais should host each and every one of those shows if you ask me. They all need a dose of reality

I understand English perfectly. You clearly don't understand the concept of ambiguity. Just because your words are in English doesn't mean they're necessarily gonna be interpreted the way you expect them to be. You didn't say why can't one man host both shows, you said what's the difference? That's all, just what's the difference? I interpreted that to mean what's the difference between the Golden Globes and the Oscars, not why can't one man host both shows. I don't know that there's any rule against one man hosting both shows but do you seriously think the Academy would invite Ricky Gervais to host the Oscars?! Are you fucking kidding me?! With the way he roasts people at the Globes?! You think the Academy would stand for that?!

As for why there are 2 different awards for 1 industry, there aren't! What is wrong with you?! There's a ton of different film awards bodies! The Oscars, the Globes, the BAFTAs, the Screen Actors Guild, the Producers Guild, the Directors Guild, the Writers Guild, all the different critics organisations' awards. You seriously think there are only 2?!

Best Pic Noms:

OUTIH
Bombshell
Waves
Marriage Story
Knives Out
Uncut Gems
Ford Vs Ferrari
Parasite
The Irishmen

thanks. Sounds like a group of folks who think way too high of themselves. Ricky Gervais should host each and every one of those shows if you ask me. They all need a dose of reality

Ricky Gervais should host every show. He's fucken amazing. But he's too harsh for the Oscars unfortunately. Even if he did host, the jokes would be lame not like at the Golden Globes where he's able to free flow and say whatever he wants to say.

Best Actress: Renee Zelweger for Judy
Best Actor: Pheonix for Joker
Supporting Actress: Zhao Shuzhen for The Farewell
Supporting Actor: Brad Pitt for Once Upon a Time
Director: Tarantino

Best picture: I have to see a few of the movies still. I have not seen Knives Out, heard it's great. I have not seen 1917 either. Right now, I think Once Upon and Time in Hollywood would beat out the Irishman.
I preferred The Irishman to Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood.

Best Pic Noms:

OUTIH
Bombshell
Waves
Marriage Story
Knives Out
Uncut Gems
Ford Vs Ferrari
Parasite
The Irishmen
Ya don't think Joker stands a chance?

No. He'll win best Actor but the film is just OK. There are much better films this year.

I'm not against that at all. The only reason I took Once Upon a Time over the Irishman is that I think the Irishman was a bit bloated. They could have taken 30 minutes off that movie very easily and told the exact same story in a more engaging way.

Says a guy who's never made a movie, to Martin Scorsese, the best director in history

I'm not against that at all. The only reason I took Once Upon a Time over the Irishman is that I think the Irishman was a bit bloated. They could have taken 30 minutes off that movie very easily and told the exact same story in a more engaging way.

Says a guy who's never made a movie, to Martin Scorsese, the best director in history
I agree that The Irishman was bloated. I would have even taken more off than you. Still prefer it over Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood just because it has a story. Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood is more just a collection of scenes with no real narrative through line.

Back