Movies Ryan Gosling calls out Greta Gerwig, Margot Robbie Oscar snubs

Should they expand those categories to have more nominees?

• Total voters
My top 5 movies of 2023 had zero nominations this year. Lol

With one exception: GODZILLA MINUS ONE, is up for best visual effects. Which it should take

Seems like this Oscar year will be yet another absolutely boring dud

The oscars have never meant anything, and they still don't.
I really don't understand people's fascination with these things.

The oscars have never meant anything, and they still don't.
I really don't understand people's fascination with these things.
Well, you're wrong. They carried prestige, and they had a very real impact on people's careers, their ability to secure budgets, to get through doors, and to get distribution for future films they otherwise never would have gotten. And the awards had a very real impact on getting exposure for films that otherwise wouldn't have gotten it. Sometimes, this meant increasing their box office revenues 100-fold. They also played a role in the esteem of winners not just in Hollywood, but in the public's eye.

These things are still true, but I don't think as impactful. The heyday of the entertainment awards ceremonies peaked in the 80's/90's, and have been on a steep decline since.

Well, you're wrong. They carried prestige, and they had a very real impact on people's careers, their ability to secure budgets, to get through doors, and to get distribution for future films they otherwise never would have gotten. And the awards had a very real impact on getting exposure for films that otherwise wouldn't have gotten it. Sometimes, this meant increasing their box office revenues 100-fold. They also played a role in the esteem of winners not just in Hollywood, but in the public's eye.

These things are still true, but I don't think as impactful. The heyday of the entertainment awards ceremonies peaked in the 80's/90's, and have been on a steep decline since.

All things that don't concern me or you for that matter sir.

That movie was so corny I stopped watching after like 45 minutes.

I find it ironic that a movie that's supposedly about the patriarchy only has the straight white male nominated for a reward.

We live in the real world, not barbieland
iu

Back