Were You Or Were You Not Impressed With Daniel Cormier's Performance?

not overly impressed but he did what he did to get the win and stay heathly for his debut in the ufc in April - looking 4ward to his fight with Mir, i hope DC wreaks him

in gsp accent "im slightly impressed with his performance!"

Yea it was lilke I said, he has good speed and quickness. Just not elite. Most of those gifs also show one of his best attributes, his reach.

The problem with that it is enough to be just as fast or faster then all at 205 and up. So if his speed is not elite so is no one else at his weight and up. He's faster then Cormier thats for sure.

What made his performance not impressive? That he didnt knock him out in 10 seconds?

He literally dominated every single aspect of that fight and had his way with him the entire time.

Sherdog logic, dont take a fighter out in 10 seconds you are overrated.

I got the feeling he was going a bit easy on Staring to be honest.

The opponent was just akward and tough. Cant have a highlight moment in every fight.

He will beat mir but jones would pick him apart o the feet.

No but I know what he's capable of. I'm impressed with him as a person and a fighter but that fight didn't necessarily show what he can do although he totally dominated until the finish. Good showing to get the finish but not the most impressive he's had, he smashed Barnett in a way I don't remember seeing before.

Also, to those that aren't "impressed", you have to take into account that it takes two to make a fight.

The problem with that it is enough to be just as fast or faster then all at 205 and up. So if his speed is not elite so is no one else at his weight and up. He's faster then Cormier thats for sure.

He is not faster or quicker than Machida or Evans for example. Like I continue to point out, his length negated their speed advantage.

He did what he had to do and looked dominant despite taking almost zero risks. THat's very hard to do in any fight.

Also, to those that aren't "impressed", you have to take into account that it takes two to make a fight.

no, josh barnett showed how to deal with a terrible opponent. take him down and sub him.
cormier had so many opportunities to in round 1 and round 2 to either improve his position from a crappy side control (where he was doing fuck all) to mount, or try for an armbar. he decided to instead punch the crap out of his opponents back of the head and actually risked a DQ instead of taking one of many subs on offer.

His opponent is D level fighter... not a C, not a B, but a D.

Completely unimpressed. I think we saw the worst game plan from a fighter ever.

I kept asking myself... why is he clinching?

And? We are all human's, this isn't a cartoon or made up show, the difference in abilities of human's isn't that great, just because he isn't a top fighter doesn't mean that DC should be able to just go in and ko im or take him out in seconds 10/10 times, even a guy off the street with enough determination has a chance to give the best fighters a hard time for a bit.

Not very impressed.

Though i've been saying this before tonight, I really think Daniel is in for an exposing. Just because he beat Josh Barnett does not mean he's top 3 or top 4 like people seem to think he is.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Frank Mir beat him

I agree

Held his own against them because of his length. That negated whatever speed advantage Machida and Evans had. Jones is a good athlete, good speed and what not. But by no means, is Jones known for his speed or quickness.

Jones length isnt his speed, and jones length should make him slower, not faster in terms of coming back to gaurd and generating a punch in comparison to Machida. Jones is actually one of the quicker 205ers and is faster then Cormier.

If you watch the Machida fight, jones actually dropped machida with a jab fake, a slow fighter couldn't do that and if you watch Jones vs Vitor, jon is actually very fast on his feet and has good speed.

Cormier is not the speed of jones, nor is he the speed of jones on the feet. Rashad is a very fast fighter and a faster boxer then Jones inside the pocket but Cormier does not have the speed of Rashad nor does he have the speed of Machida who is the fastest fighter at 205.

Not very impressed.

Though i've been saying this before tonight, I really think Daniel is in for an exposing. Just because he beat Josh Barnett does not mean he's top 3 or top 4 like people seem to think he is.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Frank Mir beat him

I agree.

Jones length isnt his speed, and jones length should make him slower, not faster in terms of coming back to gaurd and generating a punch in comparison to Machida. Jones is actually one of the quicker 205ers and is faster then Cormier.

If you watch the Machida fight, jones actually dropped machida with a jab fake, a slow fighter couldn't do that and if you watch Jones vs Vitor, jon is actually very fast on his feet and has good speed.

Cormier is not the speed of jones, nor is he the speed of jones on the feet. Rashad is a very fast fighter and a faster boxer then Jones inside the pocket but Cormier does not have the speed of Rashad nor does he have the speed of Machida who is the fastest fighter at 205.

Again, I never said Jones was slow. I said he has good speed and quickness. And no, length doesn't necessarily make you slower. He has good speed to go along with great length which means he doesn't has to be as fast as guys like Machida.

Back