Were You Or Were You Not Impressed With Daniel Cormier's Performance?

Daniel should be embarrassed with that garbage. He's gonna get eaten up in the big leagues, no way he beats JBJ.

He went in reserved, not doing anything that would get him injured or bruised badly. He did what I expected him to do with a lesser talented opponent

All joking aside, I think this is the toughest type of fight. Not only do you have to win a fight that is only happening because it's a contractual obligation, you have to maintain your stock, but you have to try not to hurt YOURSELF in the process considering there are BIG paydays ahead.

All against a "lesser" opponent in a crazy sport where anything can happen.

He went in reserved, not doing anything that would get him injured or bruised badly. He did what I expected him to do with a lesser talented opponent

i dont no about this, starring was the one that was engaging in the clinch from what i saw... seemed to me like daniel cormier wanted to stand

I wasn't amazed, but it was a dominant win, and that's all you can ask for. They're not comic book characters.

My thoughts too. Knowing he was going to the UFC he kept it simple

Not very impressed.

Though i've been saying this before tonight, I really think Daniel is in for an exposing. Just because he beat Josh Barnett does not mean he's top 3 or top 4 like people seem to think he is.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Frank Mir beat him

I agree. I think he's in for a shock if he drops down to fight Jon Jones. Also wrestlers need to stop letting fighters give up their back and not punishing them. If you want to get back up all you have to do is give up your back and thats it they wont sink in the hooks.

This card is complete mismatches. Top ten and fringe top ten fighter going against people who might not even be in the top 100....

Nah. Ed Herman is a top 25 MW, and Mike Kyle was undefeated at LHW before he faced Mousasi. Staring was a replacement for Mir.

To stay on topic: Cormier looked impressive, Staring is just a tough guy. He will kick Mir's ass like. After that he'll fight Overeem (if he beats Cain), or Jones (if Cain beats Overeem) - both fights sound good to me.

i dont no about this, starring was the one that was engaging in the clinch from what i saw... seemed to me like daniel cormier wanted to stand

DC wasn't worried about Staring's stand up, but ultimately DC threw him to the ground multiple times.

Cormier literally sleepwalked his way through that fight and people begin to think he's set up to be "Exposed". Daniel could have quite literally ended that fight whenever he became so inclined

Not very impressed.

Though i've been saying this before tonight, I really think Daniel is in for an exposing. Just because he beat Josh Barnett does not mean he's top 3 or top 4 like people seem to think he is.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Frank Mir beat him

he didnt beat barnett, he made barnett look like a fool

I think Barnett wins a rematch, but Cormier beats Mir if/when they fight

But not impressed overall

Neither really, the fight went about how I thought it would.

If it goes to the ground Mir will sub him easily

Yeah. And Nelson KOs him just like he did Werdum. Oops.
And future HW champ Browne sends Bigfoot back to the small leagues. Oops.
And Brock steamrolls Alistair. Oops.

Enjoy the last gasp "make illogical assessments against someone from outside the UFC coming into the UFC fighting someone from the UFC" ladies and gentlemen. These people are enjoying their last gasp, undeterred from their repeated prior embarrassments.

His opponent is D level fighter... not a C, not a B, but a D.

Completely unimpressed. I think we saw the worst game plan from a fighter ever.

I kept asking myself... why is he clinching?

he didnt beat barnett, he made barnett look like a fool

No, he did not.

Cormier outstruck Barnett (but not by a mile)

and despite a dramatic slam, he didn't outwrestle Barnett by a mile either.

Basically that fight came down to Cormier having about a level and a half better striking and a level better wrestling. That's why it stretched out to a decision and Barnett wasn't able to do much

but considering Barnett's never been known for his striking, that means all Cormier needed was for his striking to be slightly better and he could win by avoiding the takedown and that's what happened.

Back