Were you impressed by Sean O'Malley performance?

Were you impressed by Sean O'Malley performance?

• Total voters
It was a good performance
But Chito did really just stand around at the perfect range for Shuga

It was impressive. But you have to admit that a dude that stands in front of you, with no countering skills, no movement of any sort, is tailor made for someone like O’Malley. It was target practice all night. Vera was a perfect opponent to make O’Malley look good.

Was a solid W without a doubt but Vera’s strategy couldn’t have been much worse.

- let Suga dictate the pace almost entire fight
- thought he could trade punches ( 1 or 2 punch combos)
- no leg kicks????
- not a single TD attempt (he ain’t Merab but atleast get Suga thinking a bit)
- no urgency (he was going down on the cards points wise quick, yet never really let his hands go)

Vera is so flat some fights…. Frustrating really lol

Exactly all of the above.
Worst strategy from Chito against a long rangy striker with good movement - to be stationary and low output...
No Tds, little leg kicks.. - WTF?

TBH - I feel like Chito got paid handsomely to fight like this... to make Suga look good and promote him
among young stupid hipsters...

I can't believe such a mastermind as Perillo, who made a lot of champs put such a stupid gameplan for him...

After he got gifted Yan decision so shamelessly, i feel like this could be possible...

I was impressed, too bad he’s such a twat with such a lame gimmick because his fighting skills are excellent.

O'Malley just batted 5/5 in that fight with Marlon Vera. He shut him out completely pretty much.

I mean Marlon Vera had his moments, but they were few and far between and a too late in the end.

I got to say I was very impressed. He looked amazing, best performance I've seen of Sean.

O'Malley has been impressive his entire run. Sherbros get blinded by the swagger (not a huge fan, either), but he's good and exciting, every fight.

There wasn't anything super impressive about his performance. If he stopped Chito then that would have been something, but overall there was nothing that made him look like the unbeatable titan that his fans think he is.

Exactly all of the above.
Worst strategy from Chito against a long rangy striker with good movement - to be stationary and low output...
No Tds, little leg kicks.. - WTF?

TBH - I feel like Chito got paid handsomely to fight like this... to make Suga look good and promote him
among young stupid hipsters...

I can't believe such a mastermind as Perillo, who made a lot of champs put such a stupid gameplan for him...

After he got gifted Yan decision so shamelessly, i feel like this could be possible...

I don’t think Perillo was the problem. He was almost begging Chito to be aggressive. But there’s also the mental part of fighting. If he’s incapable of taking his corner’s advise, then that’s on him.

Yes, extremely impressed. Chito didnt belong in there, though. Hes a mid to low top 10 fighter at best.

Very. Really nice technique. But his durability seems sus.

It was very good. People saying he's the goat striker though. I need to see more first. Chito blocked a lot of punches with his face and was really slow last night.

I was most impressed by the fact he didn't take his foot off the gas. A lot of fighters might have cruised through those last two rounds and run from the fight. O'Malley looked like he wanted a finish bad and while he couldnt get it, the fact that he went for it impressed me a lot.
He really did want that finish and he tried to get it. Despite the fact he put on a clinic he still seemed mildly upset he wasn't able too.

He couldn’t put Chito away, one dimensional striker. He didn’t impress me. I want to know if anyone wants to comment back to me, what impressed them about O’Malley.
Chito has been in the UFC since 2014 and has 23 UFC fights. He's never been finished by KO or sub. Kind of weird to hang your opinion on the fact he wasn't able to get the finish.

Sean put on a masterclass and never took his foot off the gas. Even when he was up 3 rounds he didn't coast and kept looking for the finish. What's not to like?

The fact that he had 4 rounds locked in while still standing and trading with Chito in the 5th while landing the most significant strikes also in the 5th says it all. Super dominant performance.

Sean wears pink colors probably bother some people on here.... Oh Marlon Vera has NEVER been finished.

The performance was up there with GSP vs Fitch.
No way. GSP got 2 10-8s back when those were pretty difficult to get. He dominated Fitch in basically every sequence, nevermind every round.

O'Malley looked great but I never really thought Vera stood a chance.

I was more impressed by his fight against Sterling.

He has skills.

Durability is shit tho.
Not a good trait in fighting.

Chito has been in the UFC since 2014 and has 23 UFC fights. He's never been finished by KO or sub. Kind of weird to hang your opinion on the fact he wasn't able to get the finish.

Sean put on a masterclass and never took his foot off the gas. Even when he was up 3 rounds he didn't coast and kept looking for the finish. What's not to like?
Agree

I haven't seen all Chito's fights but I felt like it was the fight where his opponent made the most honest effort to try to finish him ever.

Sean tried to finish him, he just couldn't Crack that chin.

It was about as good as you can get vs Vera unless you are holding a weapon in a fight vs him.

No, he just beat a guy who was supposed to be already an easy step up in competition when they fought the first time and both fights look the same, limp leg apart.

Back