Were you impressed by Sean O'Malley performance?

Were you impressed by Sean O'Malley performance?

• Total voters
He said he would end the fight in spectacular fashion. Ya know, best thing about Anderson Silva was he didn't run his fucking mouth. And he finished people. That's what made him great. Don't tell me your going to highlight reel someone and never come close to it.

I wonder what someone like you thinks of the Anderson Silva vs Demian Maia fight?

It was an okay performance but superstars like Conor, Anderson, GSP, Jones get their opponents out of there and finish.

This is a shit take, uncle June. One, this is the 135 division, finishes don't come as easily. Two, you just compared Sean to three of the greatest 5 martial artists of all time, and Conor -- who is the biggest superstar of MMA of all time and a 2 division champ. Sean is 29 years old and has 1 defense. Lastly, how many people have ever finished Chito? The answer is 0. How many have dominated Chito like Sean just did? I'd argue that the answer there is also 0.

He said he would end the fight in spectacular fashion. Ya know, best thing about Anderson Silva was he didn't run his fucking mouth. And he finished people. That's what made him great. Don't tell me your going to highlight reel someone and never come close to it.

Chito has never been finished. As a matter of fact, he's never even been knocked down. Chito got dropped to a knee in this fight by Sean from superior striking. You're grasping for straws dude.

I wonder what someone like you thinks of the Anderson Silva vs Demian Maia fight?
I thought it was shit just like everyone else. But guess what, Anderson Silva didn't spend years claiming a loss wasn't a loss and never predicted that he'd do anything.

Hell yeah I was impressed with Suga Sean. Thought he was just another loud mouth “fun boy” like rapper Lil Pump but the man is disciplined and can scrap

He was tagging Vera with shots that would have ended most fighters early but Vera has a steel chin. Props to him for his toughness

I do think a high level wrestler will be Sean’s kryptonite but for now he is the king of that division

Hard to look pass the pink hair and funky hair styles for some fans but if Sean continues to dominate he’ll convert a lot of them

Well Rob Font did, despite losing.

What does this sentence even mean? Font lost a lopsided UD and it wasn't close, 49-46 on two of the cards. He got beaten up pretty badly and was visibly wincing and stunned multiple times.

It is absurd to compare these two fights. Chito beatup Font.

I also think that Sandhagen could have done something similar, but Sandhagen wouldn't have the power to cut Chito open like that.

Sandhagen wrestled because that was the smart move, and he got by with a fairly competitive decision.

Sean isn't the first to land high volume on Chito but he is the first to visibly damage and hurt him.

Sean beat the absolute shit out of Chito with near complete impunity.

Nah.

Vera was ranked #5 and nobody thought he deserved the title shot. O'Malley fought a disciplined performance and won a clear-cut decision.

Fitch was the clear established #1 contender (and remained so for years after losing to GSP). GSP had his foot on the gas for 25 minutes a beat the crap out of Fitch in a career-defining performance.
A lot of people thought vera deserved the shot

Sean has the best striking in the sport. He is very coordinated, with abnormal accuracy, moves very well, changes levels, switches stances, throws combinations, changes his rhythm frequently, has power, can throw going backward, great head movement, and excellent counter hitter.

Chito was demolished, and it showed the abyss in skill between the two.

Absolutely. He was busting chito up. Plenty of great fighter have trouble hurting chito and really marking him up in anyway, but sean was beating him the hell up. Chito even though not the most deserving challenger to be in there tonight, is generally not an easy outing for anyone. And Sean was for the most part crusing

Was more impressed by Chito's chin to be fair. That knee would've knocked Ngannou. 💀

Wasn't impressed by O'Malley being a talent but surprised by the skill difference between both.

Yep. Getting Chito to shell up on every feint was impressive.

But but but he has rainbow hair! Guy can’t be a fighter!

i've been saying he is the one that can overthrow dom as the BW GOAT. there are no threats to him in the division other than merab and i think he makes light work outta him. that being said, i enjoyed his display very much.
dom doesnt belong anywhere near a goat conversation though

I was impressed. Chito is not a great fighter but he’s legit to say the least. Sean destroyed him, showing he has evolved a lot in the last few years.

I wasnt, he looked good because Chito did his sit back and do nothing approach that he seems to do every other fight. He looked good, but not great imo.

O'Malley just batted 5/5 in that fight with Marlon Vera. He shut him out completely pretty much.

I mean Marlon Vera had his moments, but they were few and far between and a too late in the end.

I got to say I was very impressed. He looked amazing, best performance I've seen of Sean.

I was impressed...not blown away but his range control is very good and footwork..very accurate at range

But he is a hammer and a front runner ...a tenacious opponent will be the end of him IMO ( Enter Merab) there's a reason Omalley called for Topuria after 1 title defense LOL.

You make Omalley a Nail and he will fold ...all Chito had to do was bring the Violence and he would of had him in the later rounds , O'malley does not like being hit ...

That said good win ...sharp performance was disappointed at the Topuria call out though... Champions need to stick to their own divisions..its getting really annoying now

Yes, his offense was as expected but his defense was a bit better than I expected.

Back