Were you impressed by Shavkat Rakhmonov performance?

Were you impressed by Shavkat Rakhmonov performance?

• Total voters
Wonderboy didn't want it enough. That choke was defendable. He didn't even have his hooks in.

I thought his striking was exposed same as Geoff Neal fight he was losing till the last round.

Leon lights him up on the feet I think. He has elite tdd now.

It's impressive win on paper but the way he looked was only average.

Had nothing for Wonderboy on the feet, but I suppose that doesn't matter.

Wouldn't see him getting past Usman if he was staying in the division.

It's an odd one, as it was clearly an impressive victory but I wasn't wow'd by anything - instead I scrolled through my phone for most of the fight

Wonderboy might be old but he's still a top 10 fighter, and this guy beat him without even taking any damage really. Finished him too. Yeah it was very impressive. Compared to what Leon and Belals performances look like it seems like safe bet that he will be the champion of this division when it's all said and done.

People are really voting for not impressed. He took no significant damaged, was never in danger, and submitted someone who has never been submitted. It honestly feels like if a fighter doesn't run across the cage and knick them out in 10 seconds, people aren't impressed.

Hes good but leon is a different beast to wonderboy i expected him to win this fight with ease and he struggled to take thompson down

What I was most impressed with was after two rounds of grinding pressure, squeezing hard on a few close, well defended submissions, when he did get the tap he popped up looking like he just took a walk in the park. He hasn't gone 5 yet, but from what I've seen so far, I don't think it'll be a problem.

It was ok. I thought they would stand and bang in the second round. Was a letdown when he took down WB again.

Not impressed with his wrestling at all, even kevin holland had an easier time taking down wonderboy

WB has voiced his frustration at fighting grapplers. This fight, that frustration was conveyed through his actions. He defended the TD, but once 0n the ground he didn't really defend the sub.

Less than impressed with the match making.

Boring for me. Good fight iq and took the easy path to victory. I think he sensed wonder bread was gonna light him up after the first couple of kicks and seeing him bouncing around. Fair play but he literally just held him up against the cage doing nothing for what seemed like an eternity.

Not a fan of that cage grinding grappling. I was not that impressed considering WB has clearly been on the decline.
I like that he is a finisher. He got the killer instinct unlike the current WW champ.

Had nothing for Wonderboy on the feet, but I suppose that doesn't matter.

There was so little striking in this fight though. Rakhmonov basically closed distance at will and rolled over Thompson like he was not even a top ten fighter.

It was a clean professional performance, very little risk or damage and got the finish

Very. Nobody does that to Wonderboy.
Boring for stages but absolutely got it done. He's the real deal

Surprising lack of threads about Irene Aldana's fight, despite being called FOTY. Why is that? Why not one thread about the so-called FOTY?

Pretty impressed in hindsight considering he was injured and almost had to pull out. Explains why he wasn't really kicking

Back