Were you impressed by Shavkat Rakhmonov performance?

Were you impressed by Shavkat Rakhmonov performance?

• Total voters
I was impressed but the performance was expected by everyone. I though Shav will stand with him a lot more but hey, he took the path that led him to victory, as he should've.

Its fair to say he deserves a number one contender fight now. Possibly Usman? Make it on the same card as Leon vs Belal.

I was impressed but the performance was expected by everyone. I though Shav will stand with him a lot more but hey, he took the path that led him to victory, as he should've.

Its fair to say he deserves a number one contender fight now. Possibly Usman? Make it on the same card as Leon vs Belal.

Isn't Usman staying at 185?

His calm demeanor is impressive in itself. That's why I voted yes.

That said, imagine a strong guy like him also wanting to test himself a little bit. You know, just to see where he's at striking with a guy like WB.
But it's understandable that a W always comes first.

Yeah I was impressed. No one has been able to sub WB previously and Shavkat had a difficult time trying to get things to the ground

First Khamzat, now Shavkat. Even I myself am not the biggest Usman fan but he doesn't deserve this lol

The first guy to submit Wboy, something that Burns and Belal couldn't do
His takedowns are not impressive, though
Good strategy, I really thought he will strike more, because of his ego

It was impressive. Sure, Thompson had a losing record in his last 10 fights before this and he's almost 41 years old so it's not the most amazing win, but Shavkat still did a really good job and I'm looking forward to seeing more.

It was impressive, sure. Not like fools have been tapping out WB left and right.

Not really impressed, just because WB is 40years old and we all know he does not have ground game. If Shavkat would have outstruck him, it would have been impressive.

But that does not mean, that Shavkat is not a beast and he did everything just right to get the win.

Took the path of least resistance, can’t blame him for that. Looked dangerous on the ground. Standing up it was.. I don’t know. Wonderboy looked pretty fast and sharp, caught Shavkat coming in but got clinched and laid on against the cage. Similar in the second before Wonderboy got taken down and taken out.

Shavkat vs Leon will be interesting.

First Khamzat, now Shavkat. Even I myself am not the biggest Usman fan but he doesn't deserve this lol
Just the only dude that came to my mind that makes sense lol. What would you suggest? I feel Shavkat needs one more win.

Yes. He was like a constrictor latching onto a dove.

Last edited:
To be honest for me it was a good performance. Not the most entertaining fight, but he got the job done and kept his finish streak alive.

How about you folks, what's your thoughts?

View attachment 1017903
I was impressed and unimpressed. His takedown looks like it could benefit from more variety. Reminded me of when Khabib fought that body builder looking jiujitsu guy.

The sequence to get the finish was impressive though.

Back