Were You Or Were You Not Impressed With Daniel Cormier's Performance?

His opponent is D level fighter... not a C, not a B, but a D.

Completely unimpressed. I think we saw the worst game plan from a fighter ever.

I kept asking myself... why is he clinching?

D level Poster you are.....
what you ever step into besides a pile of shit...
sure wasn't a fight you stepped into

All joking aside, I think this is the toughest type of fight. Not only do you have to win a fight that is only happening because it's a contractual obligation, you have to maintain your stock, but you have to try not to hurt YOURSELF in the process considering there are BIG paydays ahead.

All against a "lesser" opponent in a crazy sport where anything can happen.

He wins and the neckbeards are shitting on him. One can only imagine if he had lost. This fight had no upside for him

Cormier had many opportunities for submissions, but didn't go for any at all. It was expected that Cormier would dominate him, but I was unpleasantly surprised that Cormier wouldn't submit him early when he had so many chances.

Maybe Cormier was holding back so he wouldn't break his hands again.

He effortlessly dominated his opponent without taking any damage.

No, he did not.

Cormier outstruck Barnett (but not by a mile)

and despite a dramatic slam, he didn't outwrestle Barnett by a mile either.

Basically that fight came down to Cormier having about a level and a half better striking and a level better wrestling. That's why it stretched out to a decision and Barnett wasn't able to do much

but considering Barnett's never been known for his striking, that means all Cormier needed was for his striking to be slightly better and he could win by avoiding the takedown and that's what happened.

It was a very dominant performance over Barnett. And it was also a very dominant performance over Big Foot. He is clearly a top guy.

cain and cormier have zero submission skills....that's all i can say

This card is complete mismatches. Top ten and fringe top ten fighter going against people who might not even be in the top 100....

It was a showcase for the transferred talent.

yes.

he took no damage, and pretty much did what he wanted. that being said, i didn't care for the back of the head punches.

What was there to be impressed by?

Jones is not known for his quickness or speed so Im not sure how he's going to do that.

Jones should be fighting at HW. Too long and too tall to be beating up guys who look like midgets next to him. Go try all those crazy kicks against JDS, Cain and Overeem, and then we will talk about how great he is/isn

I was impressed with Saffiedine.

Back