• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jones and Poatan --- they look like, but at the same time not at all

Luffy

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Speaking strictly from the "invincible aura" and driving force for this mentality.

I almost get the feeling of Jon Jones and Anderson Silva having been made, but with Anderson on his prime and undefeated and JJ good and prime as well.

Poatan fought way less than Silva in the UFC, but coming from an already huge record and one of the best elite kickborxers in the world, evolving in the mma more and to such a point that he was being comparable to Jon Jones and adapting and learning quickly. and topping every top contender in LHW just like Jon Jones did, to a lesser extent still ofc... But with the fights for him nowadays becoming increasingly easier with top tier contenders, but making it easier against a dangerous almost like Prochazka level --- Hill --- and making the 2nd Jiri fight look easy, too easy... in comparison to the first fight... showing he's fucking improving at 36... and just his aura, his aura of current unstoppable force now is one similar I'd feel to Jon Jones back in 2015 or so, but ofc JJ reign was to a way higher extent and it will always be, not because JJ is better fighter, not at all.... just that one has a higher peak in terms of accomplishment (hypothetical ) ppl would be more in awe (like 3 division champion) but with a way quicker one, with a possible eventual loss due to his constant fights and seeking to reach it quickly... Jones when he started seriously, he was younger, had always that huuuge competitive spirit, talent and a great support team... he didn't want to rush his accomplishments in terms of division, maintaining the statue of greatest in a division he's more comfortable... I think both due to his character and his conditions like being more carefree with money while Poatan seem to see that as a serious thing for his family in the way that's one of his main driving forces, while Jones has that as a driving force, but moreo that that huge competitive nature (which many times comes with a huge ego while you don't see that in Poatan... the nature, I think, of wanting to prove to himself due to kinda ppl needing it to feel good he is the best, to feel good with themselves... but that in JJ being such that it's almost like his life was literally on the line with that. But a clash one of this different imo driving motivations that still are at their peak would be great... Poatan sees that as very serious, but his competitive style is more like to want to challenge himself and prove that he CAN do his best (JJ more like I need to) with Poatan also having a big motivation in his family, so rushing to get on top through step ups in challenges quickly, as a need to "I need this because I want this money for my family to be the most possible secure), which mixes with his competitive nature.

In general JJ will remain sharp and strong throughout due to his need to have a perfect 0 losses in a huge long career, so it doesn't have many peaks and falls in terms of driving force when the challenge is huge and offers him that opportunity, which is special with Poatan, as well as making money ofc. Poatan reach to that point quick not to have the perfect legacy and all, mix of trying himself (while Jones has dreams of losing) with the need to win that for his family ultimate security.

I think those 2 driving forces would be at their peak when met soon.... which makes it so cool... as Poatan has of now that "invincible need until I get the big fight and challenge and at the same time secure money for my family" much the same as Jones but with different reasons... 2 different driving forces really cool to have them tested.

Jon is more athletic and had far better coaching. As far as their wins, overall Pereira's wins have been consistently spectacular, while Jones would have the occasional dud or roid pop.

People who glaze Jones have no standards. Roid popper, allowed to pulse, lost to Reyes, couldnt finish fucking Mr. "On Paper" himself, Anthony Smith, and ducked Ngannou. Disgrace of a fighter.

Jones gets asked to fight a small MW to save a card? Feels like a piece of meat.

Alex gets a whiff of a main card slot available? Chama.

You are right. They are nothing alike.

Speaking strictly from the "invincible aura" and driving force for this mentality.

I almost get the feeling of Jon Jones and Anderson Silva having been made, but with Anderson on his prime and undefeated and JJ good and prime as well.

Poatan fought way less than Silva in the UFC, but coming from an already huge record and one of the best elite kickborxers in the world, evolving in the mma more and to such a point that he was being comparable to Jon Jones and adapting and learning quickly. and topping every top contender in LHW just like Jon Jones did, to a lesser extent still ofc... But with the fights for him nowadays becoming increasingly easier with top tier contenders, but making it easier against a dangerous almost like Prochazka level --- Hill --- and making the 2nd Jiri fight look easy, too easy... in comparison to the first fight... showing he's fucking improving at 36... and just his aura, his aura of current unstoppable force now is one similar I'd feel to Jon Jones back in 2015 or so, but ofc JJ reign was to a way higher extent and it will always be, not because JJ is better fighter, not at all.... just that one has a higher peak in terms of accomplishment (hypothetical ) ppl would be more in awe (like 3 division champion) but with a way quicker one, with a possible eventual loss due to his constant fights and seeking to reach it quickly... Jones when he started seriously, he was younger, had always that huuuge competitive spirit, talent and a great support team... he didn't want to rush his accomplishments in terms of division, maintaining the statue of greatest in a division he's more comfortable... I think both due to his character and his conditions like being more carefree with money while Poatan seem to see that as a serious thing for his family in the way that's one of his main driving forces, while Jones has that as a driving force, but moreo that that huge competitive nature (which many times comes with a huge ego while you don't see that in Poatan... the nature, I think, of wanting to prove to himself due to kinda ppl needing it to feel good he is the best, to feel good with themselves... but that in JJ being such that it's almost like his life was literally on the line with that. But a clash one of this different imo driving motivations that still are at their peak would be great... Poatan sees that as very serious, but his competitive style is more like to want to challenge himself and prove that he CAN do his best (JJ more like I need to) with Poatan also having a big motivation in his family, so rushing to get on top through step ups in challenges quickly, as a need to "I need this because I want this money for my family to be the most possible secure), which mixes with his competitive nature.

In general JJ will remain sharp and strong throughout due to his need to have a perfect 0 losses in a huge long career, so it doesn't have many peaks and falls in terms of driving force when the challenge is huge and offers him that opportunity, which is special with Poatan, as well as making money ofc. Poatan reach to that point quick not to have the perfect legacy and all, mix of trying himself (while Jones has dreams of losing) with the need to win that for his family ultimate security.

I think those 2 driving forces would be at their peak when met soon.... which makes it so cool... as Poatan has of now that "invincible need until I get the big fight and challenge and at the same time secure money for my family" much the same as Jones but with different reasons... 2 different driving forces really cool to have them tested.

What a waste of words, without posting side-by-side photographs to explain what you mean.

No way I'm reading all that.

Juicehead and Alex don't look alike nor are they anything alike as fighters or human beings.

Proper punctuation dude, seriously.
That reads like a teen train of thought diary entry.

Tsk tsk.... Everyone was lazy to try to read this so well thought out comment that I wrote.... Shame

Translation:

The comparison between Jon Jones, Anderson Silva, and Alex Pereira (Poatan) in terms of their "invincible aura" and driving forces reveals interesting contrasts in their motivations and career trajectories.Jon Jones and Anderson Silva both established legendary reputations in the UFC, creating an aura of invincibility during their prime years. Jones, in particular, has maintained a fierce competitive drive throughout his career, fueled by a desire to remain undefeated and cement his legacy as one of the greatest fighters of all time.

His motivation seems to stem from an internal need to prove himself and maintain his perfect record, almost as if his life depended on it.Alex Pereira, while having fewer UFC fights than Silva, has quickly risen to prominence due to his extensive kickboxing background and rapid adaptation to MMA. His aura of invincibility is growing, with increasingly dominant performances against top contenders like Jiri Prochazka and Jamahal Hill. At 36, Pereira continues to improve, drawing comparisons to Jones' peak years around 2015.

The key differences in their driving forces are:

1. Career trajectory: Jones started younger and built his legacy more gradually, while Pereira is pursuing rapid advancement through weight classes.
  2. Financial motivation: Pereira seems more driven by securing financial stability for his family, whereas Jones appears more focused on competitive achievement.
  3. Competitive nature: Both are highly competitive, but Jones' drive is described as more ego-driven, while Pereira's is portrayed as a desire to challenge himself and prove his capabilities.
  4. Legacy goals: Jones aims for a perfect, long-term career with zero losses, while Pereira is more focused on quick ascension and facing top challenges, even if it means risking his record.

These contrasting motivations could create an intriguing dynamic if Jones and Pereira were to face each other, as their peak driving forces would clash. Pereira's combination of family-oriented motivation and desire for self-challenge against Jones' need for perfection and legacy-building would make for a compelling narrative in a potential matchup.

Translation:

The comparison between Jon Jones, Anderson Silva, and Alex Pereira (Poatan) in terms of their "invincible aura" and driving forces reveals interesting contrasts in their motivations and career trajectories.Jon Jones and Anderson Silva both established legendary reputations in the UFC, creating an aura of invincibility during their prime years. Jones, in particular, has maintained a fierce competitive drive throughout his career, fueled by a desire to remain undefeated and cement his legacy as one of the greatest fighters of all time.

His motivation seems to stem from an internal need to prove himself and maintain his perfect record, almost as if his life depended on it.Alex Pereira, while having fewer UFC fights than Silva, has quickly risen to prominence due to his extensive kickboxing background and rapid adaptation to MMA. His aura of invincibility is growing, with increasingly dominant performances against top contenders like Jiri Prochazka and Jamahal Hill. At 36, Pereira continues to improve, drawing comparisons to Jones' peak years around 2015.

The key differences in their driving forces are:

1. Career trajectory: Jones started younger and built his legacy more gradually, while Pereira is pursuing rapid advancement through weight classes.
  2. Financial motivation: Pereira seems more driven by securing financial stability for his family, whereas Jones appears more focused on competitive achievement.
  3. Competitive nature: Both are highly competitive, but Jones' drive is described as more ego-driven, while Pereira's is portrayed as a desire to challenge himself and prove his capabilities.
  4. Legacy goals: Jones aims for a perfect, long-term career with zero losses, while Pereira is more focused on quick ascension and facing top challenges, even if it means risking his record.

These contrasting motivations could create an intriguing dynamic if Jones and Pereira were to face each other, as their peak driving forces would clash. Pereira's combination of family-oriented motivation and desire for self-challenge against Jones' need for perfection and legacy-building would make for a compelling narrative in a potential matchup.
Ok, but that is too robotic... I prefer my more natural writing lol. I was thinking at the same time I was writing. I could have structured that better tho, could have reread the post before posting and have made it more readable, but the grammar itself wasn't bad lol, just the aesthetics of big paragraphs.

No one denies Jones' bad antics outside of the game, which I think is also tied to his extreme competitive mentality of his life depending on being the champion and that affecting his psychological, the pressure of not failing. No one denies he has made deranged things outside the octagon.

Ppl who needed to comment on that had no clue on what the OP was.

Alex doesn't look invincible tho, he's been slept. His aura is more like you need to fight him perfectly or his power will end the fight in a second. Jones is different, he's not as offensively dangerous, but he's extremely difficult defensively. He has high fight IQ and always keeps himself safe.

Poatan also has a really high fight IQ. Just the fact he was finding the exact position to get Hill in a hook, the atrategies in his strike, like knowing Jiri had been worrying too much with leg kicks when he was in orthodox stance, knowing bery well where to moce in the oftagon to maximize his striking...

prime anderson and maybe machida
where the only fighters i felt that was invincible
as much as how talented jones was and we all know that
theres this feeling that anderson toyed with everyone
i mean he literaly could take the LHW belt if he wanted to
and no ones gonna stop him back then

Back