Law DeSantis Suspends Woke State Prosecutor

Woke. The people who wanted women to vote, to free slaves and end segregation were woke also. But calling it woke doesn’t change the fact you are still a bigot.
I'd say those people operated on liberal principles. Woke is some mercurial undefined shit and those who named themselves as such liked smelling their own farts more than defining their mission statement. Woke has no goal or defining concept other than claiming moral high ground. It's progress for the sake of progress.

I'd say those people operated on liberal principles. Woke is some mercurial undefined shit and those who named themselves as such liked smelling their own farts more than defining their mission statement. Woke has no goal or defining concept other than claiming moral high ground. It's progress for the sake of progress.
Well, I think the original term (and I could be wrong) was meant more to mean aware rather than what it morphed into. And I believe, and again, I could be wrong, the people who are not proponents of social justice etc, took that term and made it more what it means today then first intended.

It’s seriously a virtue signaling religion of the hard left. Things don’t have to be logical the blind faith is all you need and it must be applied no matter what. It may have started out has noble but now it’s just venomous hate that has its hooks in people who want to be on the site that “fights racism” or in the name of the oppressed. They become the oppressors and bullies while being nasty and doing it any means necessary. They turn on each other all the time lol. The best is politicians trying to be cool like the Portland mayor and all that.

I'm a fan of Desantis.

I'm not a fan of this.

That being said, elected officials are obligated to enforce the laws that the population of the state are in favor of unless it violates the constitution. I'm not sure what course of action is appropriate for this.

Well, I think the original term (and I could be wrong) was meant more to mean aware rather than what it morphed into. And I believe, and again, I could be wrong, the people who are not proponents of social justice etc, took that term and made it more what it means today then first intended.
I think you're right. They're aware of issues and want to help.

The first step to solving problems is realizing there's problems, which they've got covered. The last step is knowing when you've done as much as you can and have to stop. This is where many if them fail due to not having any sort of a plan or a clear objective. The biggest problem I have with the "woke" crowd is they're so focused on improvements in one area they're completely blind as to the damage they're causing someplace else in their pursuit of the unobtainable. Seems they're completely unaware that the pendulum swings both ways and all actions have consequences.

All they have is good intentions and keep merrily skipping down the road to hell. Same operation as conservatives. Full steam ahead vs full stop without a heading in mind or realizing where they've stopped is a landfill. At least liberalism has clearly defined principles.

How exactly is it fascist to suspend someone that is not doing their job? It may be the public's job to choose who will fill the role but its the governors job to see that they do the job they are voted in for. The prosecutor can either be suspended by the Governor or a recall can be voted on by the public. If the public does not like DeSantis's actions they can call for a vote to have him reinstated but the Governor can not reinstate a prosecutor the public has voted to oust.
you must be mad at this then...https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...te-county-sheriffs-refuse-to-enforce-gun-laws

I guess you didn't read the first part about unemployment rate being at 2.7% you saw the one part you thought you can cherry pick to make what kind of point?
I read it and read that 70,000 jobs were added.

Where was the cherry picking at? I asked you a simple question on whether you attribute the employment success/failure to the governor of the state or not.

Where was the cherry picking at? I asked you a simple question on whether you attribute the employment success/failure to the governor of the state or not.
I guess so jobs are jobs , no?

While I like their willingness not to infringe on someone's constitutional right they have the same option to quit rather than refuse to enforce a law. If a law can simply be ignored by those who's job it is to enforce it then its not really a law, its merely a forcible recommendation or opinion on what is right or wrong.
how do u feel about them getting sacked for refusing to enforce the law? we arent talking about the prosecutor quitting.

how do u feel about them getting sacked for refusing to enforce the law? we arent talking about the prosecutor quitting.
Do your job, quit or get fired. Those are the choices. We done now?

It depends on the factors. Many companies flocked to Florida post covid to escape high crime and draconian lockdown measures that you find in blue areas. I believe citidal just left Chicago for Florida citing crime as the reason.

Back