Law DeSantis Suspends Woke State Prosecutor

no need to get upset, im merely enquiring if you are consistent in applying the law, you can go now...
Figured I'd made myself clear in my previous response on the question of the sheriffs.

While I like their willingness not to infringe on someone's constitutional right they have the same option to quit rather than refuse to enforce a law. If a law can simply be ignored by those who's job it is to enforce it then its not really a law, its merely a forcible recommendation or opinion on what is right or wrong.

I'd be pretty stupid to not know police take an Oath to uphold The Constitution. That is literally upholding the highest law. That pesky 2A.

Anyone know if this is real ?

"Personal health freedoms".

I agree with this person on that. But abortion isn't the only personal health freedom you have without persecution. I'm pro abortion, well I don't encourage it but I support the rights of anyone who wants one.

Same goes for forced, coerced vaccination.

You cannot have it both ways. Is your body, yours alone? Should you individually be the arbiter of what happens to it?

I think yes, on any front.

I'd be pretty stupid to not know police take an Oath to uphold The Constitution. That is literally upholding the highest law. That pesky 2A.
The constitutionality of a law is decided by the courts. If a person believes they have been given an order to obey an unconstitutional law or order they can take that up with the court or they can remove themselves from duty even if that means they lose their position.

Its great if one believes, and is convinced, that their interpretation of a given law, right, statute, etc is correct but unless it is specific to the point of no possibility of misinterpretation then everyone will have their own ideas of just what it means and that is where the courts come in as arbiter and final authority as to meaning and scope.

Stinging Defeat for DeSantis.

"At the time he was suspended Warren said that what DeSantis had done was part of the authoritarian playbook and something you would expect to see in Russia and not the United States. He was right again this week when he referred to the 11th Circuit's decision as "protecting Democracy."

For those of you who had on your BINGO card that DeSantis did NOT have the power to remove the prosecutor. Turns out you were right.

DeSantis = Fascist

Stinging Defeat for DeSantis.

"At the time he was suspended Warren said that what DeSantis had done was part of the authoritarian playbook and something you would expect to see in Russia and not the United States. He was right again this week when he referred to the 11th Circuit's decision as "protecting Democracy."

For those of you who had on your BINGO card that DeSantis did NOT have the power to remove the prosecutor. Turns out you were right.

DeSantis = Fascist

The problem is he does the bulk of this for optics, knowing it will get smashed in Court.

The good news is his run at the Presidency was plagued by crippling Electile Dysfunction

I agree. I don't know if it says more about him or his supporters-- he is acting like a fascist. Too bad there is an audience for those kind of optics.

He is definitely a fascist, he just knows the constitution gets in his way more times than not

The problem is he does the bulk of this for optics, knowing it will get smashed in Court.

The good news is his run at the Presidency was plagued by crippling Electile Dysfunction
You forgot the part where he hires his old roommates law firm on Florida's tax payers dime to defend the State in court against things he knows will lose in court.

Ron Desantis is terrible with hooking up donors and friends on tax payers dime. When he replaced the Reedy Creek Board that governs Disney with all his cronies he gave them all raises over what the last board made. He also did that with the college he replaced all the board. All his cronies got raises there as well.
Forgot to add one of the Reedy Creek (Disney) board members Desantis appointed is the Threesome loving Moms of Liberty chick, who for some reason missed last months meeting. Guess she was too busy licking carpet.

But he also does it knowing that the optics will be incomplete.

Fox News had no problem running the story about the prosecutor getting fired. They even had rounds of talking points where random guest would praise the decision to fire someone for being "woke."

Yet no one in the right-wing media is running stories about how a Federal Appeals Court just ruled that the little midget was in violation of the 1st Amendment. None of his supporters will get exposed to his fuck up, unless they venture outside of their safe spaces. And we know they won't.

So I'd still call this a win for Desantis, if we are just going to look at it from the view of political gain. He got positive press for violating the constitution, and they'll keep him safe from any of the blowback.

It depends on the factors. Many companies flocked to Florida post covid to escape high crime and draconian lockdown measures that you find in blue areas. I believe citidal just left Chicago for Florida citing crime as the reason.
Florida has pretty high crime. Higher than NYC (that is, the whole state has a higher rate than just NYC), for example.

That's not what the ruling said. All it did was open the door for another trial. Maybe you should find better sources than Salon. I only read a few sentences before realizing how shitty your link is.

lol
He just bragged about firing them in the debate.

That's not what the ruling said. All it did was open the door for another trial. Maybe you should find better sources than Salon. I only read a few sentences before realizing how shitty your link is.
Cite whatever source you would like. The 3 judge panel unanimously ruled that DeSantis violated Warren’s first amendment rights.

By all means, explain how you feel this ruling is anything but a loss for Meatball.

Cite whatever source you would like. The 3 judge panel unanimously ruled that DeSantis violated Warren’s first amendment rights.

By all means, explain how you feel this ruling is anything but a loss for Meatball.
Now you're just moving the goal post. Originally you said the ruling proved he didn't have the power to remove the prosecutor. Thats not what it did. All it did was overturn a judge's decision to throw the lawsuit out. The actual lawsuit trial has yet to happen.

Back