Elections Ron DeSantis drops out of Republican presidential race: how do you grade his campaign?

He had absolutely no teeth in that campaign. If you don’t have the balls to go after the front-runner, then just don’t bother. He shouldn’t have bothered.
Christie had "the balls" to go after Trump. How'd that work out for Mayor Quimby?

He could've had diamond tipped shark teeth, and gone after Trump harder than anyone could've imagined. He'd still be right where he is right now. This election has been set in stone since November 2020.

Christie had "the balls" to go after Trump. How'd that work out for Mayor Quimby?

He could've had diamond tipped shark teeth, and gone after Trump harder than anyone could've imagined. He'd still be right where he is right now. This election has been set in stone since November 2020.
I didn’t say it’d make him win. But what‘s the point of running if you’re going to be a spineless bitch and not challenge the front-runner? Haley is just as bad, with her talk of pardoning Trump to “heal the nation” <Lmaoo>
Pathetic. Those two are in the same place as Christie, but Christie at least had a shred of dignity.

Don't know other candidates, but will never understand how most american rightwingers want Trump as candidate

He seems like the kind of politician that would appeal only a tiny %

I am a Floridian, and also like him as our gov. Was much more of a supporter prior to his presidential run, and that is more than just opposing Trump, who I support much more than desantis. But he has been awol the last year and the state is dealing with a home and condo building insurance issue that is kind of being ignored. A key state legislature position was just lost in a special election because desantis and company did not help, too busy in Iowa.

He could have just waited for the ultimate Don and Ron ticket, or even if not VP, once he is done in Florida in 2026, he could easily join the cabinet, get a special position, some diplomatic role, or anything that could have propelled him to 2028.

I hope he recovers, but I dunno if he can, because this failed campaign really brought out his personality. But as I mentioned in the other thread about this, this is probably the worst campaign ever and shows a lot about his judgement

Densantis saw the Clinton campaign in 2016 and said "hold my lifts"

I like him and love what hes done for my state but...jesus christ. He was witty, quick, almost like trump to reporters years back. This campaign was boring and that goofy smile. My god man, who the fuck talked you into toning down the spark and bluntly forcing a smile?

Being a vice president now doesnt excite me much. The other guy, the young one, hes....better in debates, but did anyone not think he didnt make such a loud splash just to join trump?

Sometimes I wonder what you guys watch. Witty and quick are two words I would never use for Desantis.

Anytime anything even sort of controversial happened to him or any time he had to say anything that wasn't prewritten for him was absolutely brutal. I've never seen that dude as quick or witty in any sort of way. He just got on stage and yelled "woke woke woke woke" over and over without any substance or any original verbal attacks at all. He just comes across as a small nerd who saw the right wing rubes as a way to get rich and get into power, then tried to play a part. It worked in a gubernatorial race, but no chance in a natty election. Meatball Ron is one of the most awkward people to run in a modern election, and that's saying something when Gary Johnson faked a heart attack and we had Ted Cruz running in 2016 lol

Desantis accomplished everything Trump wanted him to do.

Sometimes I wonder what you guys watch. Witty and quick are two words I would never use for Desantis.

Anytime anything even sort of controversial happened to him or any time he had to say anything that wasn't prewritten for him was absolutely brutal. I've never seen that dude as quick or witty in any sort of way. He just got on stage and yelled "woke woke woke woke" over and over without any substance or any original verbal attacks at all. He just comes across as a small nerd who saw the right wing rubes as a way to get rich and get into power, then tried to play a part. It worked in a gubernatorial race, but no chance in a natty election. Meatball Ron is one of the most awkward people to run in a modern election, and that's saying something when Gary Johnson faked a heart attack and we had Ted Cruz running in 2016 lol

the best thing that came out of his campaign was the Meaball Ron moniker. that one's probably gonna stick with him for life, even long after the white boots and high heels are forgotten about.

at this point he may as well just embrace it and open up an italian restaurant called Meatball Ron's.

I didn’t say it’d make him win. But what‘s the point of running if you’re going to be a spineless bitch and not challenge the front-runner?
i think it's more about possibly getting a job in the potential trump cabinet.
i didn't follow his campaign much but as you said it had a toothless vibe. maybe he doesn't want to anger MAGA for 2028.

i think it's more about possibly getting a Job in the potential trump cabinet.
i didn't follow his campaign but as you said it had a toothless vibe. maybe he doesn't want to anger MAGA for 2028.
Why would any logical person want to be in a trump cabinet? To become stabbed in the back and become trumps enemy or wind up being asked to do something that might be illegal and get saddled by a bunch of legal fees?

i think it's more about possibly getting a job in the potential trump cabinet.
i didn't follow his campaign much but as you said it had a toothless vibe. maybe he doesn't want to anger MAGA for 2028.
i'm sure i don't know the answer to this. If trump wins again, it would be helpful if he didn't surround himself with unquestioning sycophants. it does appear to be a risky endeavor. maybe trump learned a thing or two. or maybe not.

He tried to capitalize; either to get more exposure for a future race or vp consideration. (I still think that a Vivek) Ron knows he has no chance against Team Orange.

"Ron DeSantis, the hard-right governor of Florida, has ended his campaign for the Republican presidential nomination and endorsed Donald Trump."

The Guardian

Give his campaign a letter grade.

I'm going to go with a D-. The outcome was clear: the republicans were going with horrible Trump. But Ron ran anyway. He gave it a try, so for his effort I will award him a D-.
I graded it in a book, but they banned it...doh!!!

back-to-school-bad.gif

Back