Elections DeSantis VS Newsom debate Tonight

Jacket time

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
The Florida governor, Ron DeSantis, a hard-right contender for the Republican presidential nomination, will take the debate stage in Alpharetta, Georgia, on Thursday night.

But his opponent will not be Donald Trump, the former president and clear frontrunner, or Nikki Haley, the former South Carolina governor who has surged into second place in the polls. Nor will DeSantis face any other Republican.

His opponent will be Gavin Newsom, the governor of California, a Democrat who is not seeking his party’s nomination next year, given Joe Biden’s presence in the White House and intent to serve a full second term.

The debate is going down in GA with Hannity as Moderator.

I expect alot of war mongering from Hannity as he tries to bait them.
Sean is a blood thirsty SOB like Nikki.

Gavin is going to have to answer for his state.

I don't have cable so I will have to wait for a later broadcast.

I’m actually very interested in this— and btw, DeSantis will need to answer for his state too, and the staggering number of bigoted policies they’ve enacted.

No matter what happens, I do think we should all at least give Newsom a
<mma4>
For agreeing to debate DeSantis on FOX, with Hannity as the moderator. That takes some balls, although I doubt Hannity wants anymore smoke after Newsom schooled the shit out of him when Hannity interviewed him not long ago.

Kinda wanna watch too. Florida is paradise to California but desantis has sounded quite dull lately whereas Newsom is a master of bullshitting.

Yes, I think Desantis is going to sound like a dork and get flustered, where are Newsom will lie with great confidence, while speaking in elongated word salad format

There will be no winner, will be pretty cringe and boring.

My wife said we have it on Hulu live.
I can't find it

For a variety of reasons, they are both consummate pieces of shit IMO.
It's a faceoff of elevator shoes vs. greasy hair slime ball.
Honestly, as an almost lifetime Cali resident, I cannot cite one good thing Newsom has done here.
He took a $5billion surplus after covid and turned it into a $60billion deficit somehow.

DeSantis, for all his supposed 'woke' reform, is still an unlikable, unelectable blob.
I'll be in the sportsbar.

Last edited:
Man, this just shows how desperate Desantis is. Trolled into debating a guy not even running while his poll numbers crash.

This gonna look like Kennedy vs Nixon.

Not expecting this to go well for Desantis. Desantis is not a good debater n comes off like a stiff hall monitor. Would of much rather this of been Haley thsn Desantis.

Newsome is maybe worst Gov in country or close. His record is horrid. But he's a smooth talker that should get him to look good agsinst Desantis who can make anything boring.

Last edited:
Newsome has nothing to lose

I want to see him explain himself

Back