Elections RNC Third Republican Presidential Primary Debate

He reminds me of a used car salesman. He's a smooth talker but full of BS. On a positive note, at least he's a funny clown. Who in their right mind says I want him as the next President?
I could see him selling slap chop on late night tv

Pretty much everyone agrees with Viveks ideas but for some reason (ignorance?) are convinced he's this or that...

No more military intervention in foreign wars, support and encourage geo political peace, protect America first through making sure America is America, i.e. borders, a national identity in shared interests... Etc, etc...

I get the snake-oil vibes from Vivek myself, as well - but I find myself nodding in agreement regardless. He's damn smooth and sharp, too. I'd be glad to have him as president over anyone else from either party, personally. At least he seems like his own person and the alternatives aren't promising.

And his message has remained pretty consistent (at least from what I've gathered) and he is clearly well-versed in the relevant issues. At least he represents what is good about America in many ways, and I respect his work ethic, additionally.

But his background as a Wall Street type I have a difficult time with, especially knowing what is pushed in institutions of higher-learning such as those he attended.

Even still, he's the obvious choice for me.

the only takeaway from this debate was vivek calling his party a bunch of losers and then going after white boots ron with the 3 inch heels zinger lol

This guy is so desperate for attention. That hell just say any dumb thing to get some screen time. Must be desperate for trumps vp slot

Yup, heard that, can confirm he did indeed say that.

Wasn't sure that's what he meant, but you can't be that clumsy on a platform like that.

Really low level of politicians, like dogshit level.

its like they arent even there to really talk politics and ideas of how to solve problems going forward or anything of that sort but instead they are just there to throw shit at each other to score some cheap political points

well maybe that's always been a part of politics but these days its gotten pretty raunchy. but i guess maybe to their base they dont really care where anyone stands on what issues, as long as someone can deliver some sick burns and smear the shit out of everyone else thats what they consider "winning" a debate i guess. just be loud and insultive and talk over everybody and just keep on talking, even when they tell you to shut up.

Pretty much everyone agrees with Viveks ideas but for some reason (ignorance?) are convinced he's this or that...

No more military intervention in foreign wars, support and encourage geo political peace, protect America first through making sure America is America, i.e. borders, a national identity in shared interests... Etc, etc...

<Prem973>

its like they arent even there to really talk politics but just to throw shit at each other to score some cheap political points

well maybe that's always been a part of politics but these days its gotten pretty raunchy.

They’re there to be on TV in order to get on some board. They should be selling gold on Fox commercials and leave the country alone.

They’re there to be on TV in order to get on some board. They should be selling gold on Fox commercials and leave the country alone.

or maybe sell pillows. mike lindell looks like he's about to go ass over tea kettle so someones gotta fill in for him. america deserves a good nights sleep!

Fair enough, I accept your explanation at face value and apologize for coming on strongly. Stuff like this has been all over the news here. Jewish students have been threatened, intimated, and attacked. An elderly Jewish man was killed in Los Angeles area at a rally over the weekend. Colleges do not crack down on speech so there has been a lot of loons out in the open. Not saying all are loons, but those that are have zero fear of showing their hate and extremism.

Many colleges are government funded institutions they can’t really crack down on speech that doesn’t violate some law.

Many colleges are government funded institutions they can’t really crack down on speech that doesn’t violate some law.
There’s a difference between free speech and surrounding people who have to lock themselves in libraries and lunch rooms because they are scared of violence.

True, I am not an expert in regard to speech rights in every Western country, but I think America is somewhat unique in our ability to speak freely short of threats. I also think celebrating and/or idolizing terrorists/terrorist acts is deplorable but unless there's a direct call to violence I don't think it should have been shutdown. Still disgusting, but I'd rather have hateful people be exposed.

Back