Law DeSantis Suspends Woke State Prosecutor

Why did DeSantis think governing to the right of Trump was a good idea?

Why did DeSantis think governing to the right of Trump was a good idea?
I don't think it was a bad idea, in terms of political expediency. And he pulled it off for a while. Was doing well in polls and was once seen as a legit threat to Trump. He certainly had enough fans here.

I don't think it was a bad idea, in terms of political expediency. And he pulled it off for a while. Was doing well in polls and was once seen as a legit threat to Trump. He certainly had enough fans here.
He would have been better off appealing to populism and staying away from social conservatism and government overreach. People liked him during the pandemic because he was against government overreach. At the height of his popularity he was seen as a more level headed version of Trump.

He would have been better off appealing to populism and staying away from social conservatism and government overreach. People liked him during the pandemic because he was against government overreach. At the height of his popularity he was seen as a more level headed version of Trump.
I don't think the people he's trying to appeal to really have a problem with government overreach, depending on the context. If DeSantis is using government overreach in his war against Mickey Mouse, I don't think they cared so much.

I think what went wrong for him was personality, rather than any policy. Awkward interactions with people went viral, where he's sitting there dancing around like a bobblehead, and Trump's allies did a good job mocking him, for various silly things, like his shoes, which is juvenile, but that's what plays well lol.

Then I think Trump's indictments solidified support for him, and Haley is gathering whatever exists of the anti-Trumpers, leaving nowhere for DeSantis.

Heard a joke online yesterday, desantis ran his campaign with the force of a hurricane.....it's now going home to Florida to devestate the area...

Back