Law DeSantis Suspends Woke State Prosecutor

I don't doubt he has the legal right (I would think it would be tough to take this sort of action against a presumed high level attorney if he didn't), but I still think that when it comes to democratically elected officials you allow the people to decide if at all possible.

Shit rolls downhill in this case. Desantis was elected too, and he's the boss. It's his job to hold his people accountable. That's in part what he was elected to do.

Where this guy was really dumb, was openly defying his boss publicly. He could've easily just not have pursued certain cases while not making a political statement about it. Do your dirty work in the shadows and play dumb if anyone starts asking questions. Make them work for it, and investigate you. Don't just slap your boss in the face, and say "Do something, bitch!", 'cause uhhh, he'll do something.

Seriously why do we let this chaos agenda driven billionaire have all this influence? The man is a evil piece of shit. How many innocents have been killed due to his soft on crime agenda n the 200 or so DA he has funded to do this.

Last edited:
<WellThere>

i'm sure they'd like to assassinate all the je- i mean, globalists.
I mean, that’s how we get dudes like this
Cesar-Sayoc-Democrat-Republican.jpg

edit: I just noticed he had an American Top Team sticker, lol

Why can't someone just assassinate George Soros. Seriously why do we let this chaos agenda driven billionaire have all this influence? The man is a evil piece of shit. How many innocents have been killed due to his soft on crime agenda n the 200 or so DA he has funded to do this.

I doubt it would make any difference at all. Most of the money comes from donors to his foundation. He just has his name on everything.

Says the party of purported opposition to government overreach

Do you think the law should be upheld by lawmakers or just at the discretion of the ideologies of the district attorneys? It's not the DA's job to decide which laws he thinks are just and which ones aren't.

I'm sure you'd have a different point of view if someone broke into your house and held you at gun point and then got out of prison after 6 months of good behavior because the local DA has empathy for criminals.

lol gotta keep the culture war front and center.
Lol. So it’s ok to allow crime to get out of hand? You’re right. These prosecutors are keeping the culture war front and center. By selectively enforcing laws and creating an environment where crime is bred.

I looked up the law in Sweden and the cut-off point is apparently 18 weeks. After 18 weeks, you need permission from a medical board and they only allow it if you or the fetus are unhealthy. So even progressive Sweden has always had a limit on it. And Florida is only 3 weeks shorter.

I think the vast majority of reasonable people support time limits on abortion. You shouldn't be able to abort an 8 month old fetus. So how is limiting abortion to 15 weeks oppressive to women, but some other more or less arbitrary cut-off point like 18 weeks is not?
My moral cut off is 1st trimester and I can understand it being pushed further. But yeah, at 8 months it's murder. There's plenty of premature babies who've survived being born at that stage and the mother has had months before that to make the hard choice.

Bodily autonomy goes out the window once the baby is fully developed and viable.

Lol. So it’s ok to allow crime to get out of hand? You’re right. These prosecutors are keeping the culture war front and center. By selectively enforcing laws and creating an environment where crime is bred.

The people who dismiss the "culture war" seem to have it all backwards. The culture war is everything in a society. It's bigger than elections.

The people who dismiss the "culture war" seem to have it all backwards. The culture war is everything in a society. It's bigger than elections.
Social trends always influence policy. Always. It's pure foolishness to ignore the culture wars.

This. If you lose the culture war, it’s all downhill from there. As what laws to make or what laws to enforce all stem from our shared values aka culture

This. If you lose the culture war, it’s all downhill from there. As what laws to make or what laws to enforce all stem from our shared values aka culture
Correct. And having 5 unelected individuals with no accountability change laws on a whim is counter to our culture.

Unelected. You ladies are beyond ridiculous.
If he's referring to the Supreme Court...isn't this kind of a self own? In that he's saying the Roe V Wade should never have been a Supreme Court decision to begin with? AOC tweeted something similar and got a lot of mockery for it.

If he's referring to the Supreme Court...isn't this kind of a self own? In that he's saying the Roe V Wade should never have been a Supreme Court decision to begin with?
Oh it’s all self ownage. The Supreme Court is a branch of the govt. he’s acting like it was just created and done so to subvert democracy or something stupid.

Back