Law DeSantis Suspends Woke State Prosecutor

Recent article from the globalist himself.

FZGbK-7UsAAZ94k

The fl constitution gives the governor the right to suspend the dude. Nothing out of sorts
Didn't realize that. This actually changes my opinion on the matter.

Proper thing to do here is to let the electoral process sort it out.

We need more Desantis' in this country... Soros is a piece of shit and anything connected to him should be audited and probably abolished, including individuals he's put in place to advance his interests... That's where we start, anything connected to Soros isn't in the interest of Americans.

Ron DeSantis Suspends Woke State Prosecutor: We Will Not Allow ‘Pathogen of Ignoring the Law’ in Florida
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...will-not-allow-pathogen-ignoring-law-florida/

So, per DeSantis prosecutors do not have the discretion to pick and choose which state or county laws they will uphold and which they will ignore. Wonder if this will spark an explosion of other Governors suspending troublesome prosecutors.

And let me get this out of the way right now, I absolutely do not care if you don't like Breitbart as a news source for the story. You can either respond to the topic itself or bounce the fuck out of the thread.

I agree with his decision. State attorneys are supposed to prosecute the laws that we have, if you can't do that find new work.

State attorneys are elected in FL. Just another fascist power grab by DeSantis. The right can’t get enough fascism when the R’s do it.

I'd expect the same thing from a Dem gov. if a state attorney wasn't prosecuting illegal gun violations.

So, you're all for stripping DA's of all discretion, forcing them to ignore all context, and prosecute every case that comes to them? Or are you in fact supporting political interference in the justice system because it favors your side?
o_O
The issue isnt that the prosecutor is using discretion on a case by case basis, such as using a rationale of effecient use of resources and looking at prospects of success. Rather the prosecutor declared in writing that he would not prosecute classes of crimes based on his own morality and personal principles. It's essentially open rebellion. Usually when you do this at any level, you resign or get fired

The issue isnt that the prosecutor is using discretion on a case by case basis, such as using a rationale of effecient use of resources and looking at prospects of success. Rather the prosecutor declared in writing that he would not prosecute classes of crimes based on his own morality and personal principles. It's essentially open rebellion. Usually when you do this at any level, you resign or get fired
I was commenting more on the overall idea, but I concede that in this case the governor is justified. If I were this prosecutor I'd move to a different state where the law is more in line with his views.

In his shoes I wouldn't participate in the prosecution of those cases either, but I would have bugged out the first time the issue came up. Either that or run for office and try to get the laws changed.

I was commenting more on the overall idea, but I concede that in this case the governor is justified. If I were this prosecutor I'd move to a different state where the law is more in line with his views.

In his shoes I wouldn't participate in the prosecution of those cases either, but I would have bugged out the first time the issue came up. Either that or run for office and try to get the laws changed.
I wouldnt move in his shoes. He is in a swing state. It's frontlines. That's where you fight, just maybe not as state prosecutor under a governor and state legislature of the opposing party. He should run for mayor, house of reps or state legislature

You guys are seeing what a true leader does. Progressive DAs are killing cities across America....Mayors and Pols of color are BEGGING to get these Progressives out of power. Not enforcing laws is not a DAs job. Activism is not a DAs job. How can you argue this when the Mayors of NYC, SF, Philly, Chicago etc etc are all people of color and claiming they can not keep the cities safe and clean with these DAs?
https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=0bcd...G9vci1qdXN0aWNlLXN5c3RlbS9hci1BQVdjZWYw&ntb=1

NYC has a DA who Vowed NOT to prosecute crime...and ending incarcerating criminals....WHAT?????? fuck that remove these idiots..this is Democratic this is extremism and it is the reason Dems will be run out of office. They need to reign in their own or they are fucked.

So, you're all for stripping DA's of all discretion, forcing them to ignore all context, and prosecute every case that comes to them? Or are you in fact supporting political interference in the justice system because it favors your side?
o_O

Holy strawman.

The fl constitution gives the governor the right to suspend the dude. Nothing out of sorts

I don't doubt he has the legal right (I would think it would be tough to take this sort of action against a presumed high level attorney if he didn't), but I still think that when it comes to democratically elected officials you allow the people to decide if at all possible.

The prosecutor has a history of being very soft on crime as well as refusing to prosecute things like shootings for repeat offenders.
I completely understand what you're saying but on the flip side I doubt the guy ran on refusing to prosecute crime. If you look into it a little farther you'll see there's a lot more going on than what the media is reporting
I don't doubt he has the legal right (I would think it would be tough to take this sort of action against a presumed high level attorney if he didn't), but I still think that when it comes to democratically elected officials you allow the people to decide if at all possible.

Back