• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What if Max Holloway trains with David Goggins?

Username Required LMAO

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Instead of these 2 clowns Jon Jones and Tony Ferguson, what if David trained the BMF Max Holloway hell-week in preparation for his fight with ilia? like Max would be training endurance with David, David hangs out with him and talks motivation to Max? and Max trains MMA with his coaches, man, ilia would be in a rude awakening.

Edit: and also, don't bring up to me what happened to Tony cause we've seen it, Tony is super washed, that doesn't count.

Last edited:
I didn’t see Ferguson Vs Pimblett, did that training with Goggins pay off for Ferguson? As far as being in shape for a beating?

I didn’t see Ferguson Vs Pimblett, did that training with Goggins pay off for Ferguson? As far as being in shape for a beating?
Tony came back 5 months later after being choked out Unconscious by Bobby Green + Tony doesn't give his brain and chin a break + Tony is Super washed + and Tony should retire.

Are you all aware that no amount of human dung could have prevented the sinking of the Titanic?

Well are you??

Maybe training with Goggins should be a prerequisite for BMF fighters, lol

Holloway is all set on the conditioning, the coaching he needs is technical

His boxing technique is good among MMA fighters but not compared to pure boxers and not compared to Topuria, whose technique looks a lot more like that of a pro boxer. And TDD technique as well

The actual SEALS I am friends with think he's an embarassing tryhard, but they like Jocko.

Probably goes without being said but I don’t think it’s at all clear that Goggins’ training translates to high level mma. Maybe if there was a guy with bad conditioning going to train with him that might have value but guys like Tony and Max are already elite in that area, I think they’d risk overtraining.

I don't think the guy with the significant strikes landed record (there is not a close second) needs any help with his endurance... I also don't think he needs any help with mental toughness either. Considering he's a guy that isn't afraid of throw down with 10 seconds left in fights he's winning and who also isn't afraid to go up in weight to challenge guys like Poirier, Gaethje and Khabib.

What does Max has to win by training with a mentally ill influencer? Other than cardio which Goggins is terrible at since what he does has overtraining written all over it.

Max just dominated and KOed a top 5 LW. I think he is doing just fine.

Great idea TS...next thing Max can add Joshua Fabia, Steven Seagal and Ido Portal to his training camp.

The actual SEALS I am friends with think he's an embarassing tryhard, but they like Jocko.
Jocko at least looks somehow relatable to regular people. Other than him always looking like he is holding a fart I don't have much issue with him.

Goggins is batshit crazy. Why would anybody want to be like him?

There is no one that would make a difference at this point. He's shot

Last edited:
The last thing Holloway needs is Goggins lol. Goggins doesn't know anything about MMA or fighting. The endurance stuff forget it, the last thing Holloway needs is more endurance. He throws like a thousand punches and barely has sweat on him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back