Max Holloway: 'BMF' Title Fight at UFC 300 Creates a 'Lot of Options'

giphy.gif

Doppelgangers are only acceptable if they're from the same year, like real twins.
These kids can't be biting handles prior to 2010.

<WhatItIs>

As a Max fan, I'm hoping he pulls it off even though I favor Justin.

Maybe Poirier's guard threw Max off and that was the nail in the coffin? Max told his corner in that fight that Poirier's guard was giving him trouble.

Max's technique is better than Justin, and probably cardio.

Max could potentially out pace him and in the later rounds put on a clinic like he did against Ortega and Kattar, it's not an impossibility.

I couldn't care less about that silly BMF belt thing, But the fight is awesome!!!! such a great matchup.. it will be intense and violent and bloody. Looking forward to this fight a lot. I am sure it will be a war.

I like both guys, so not picking a winner, I just know it will be a great fight

It creates tons of options for Max, but also even if he beats Gaethje, which I assume standing in a war of attrition, it's hard to imagine him against Islam. I would say he earned the shot, but no way do I think it can be competitive.

I couldn't care less about that silly BMF belt thing, But the fight is awesome!!!! such a great matchup.. it will be intense and violent and bloody. Looking forward to this fight a lot. I am sure it will be a war.

I like both guys, so not picking a winner, I just know it will be a great fight

It creates tons of options for Max, but also even if he beats Gaethje, which I assume standing in a war of attrition, it's hard to imagine him against Islam. I would say he earned the shot, but no way do I think it can be competitive.
1482510455.jpg

@Substance Abuse

Max is kind of stuck. It would be amazing if he can pull this one out.

Crazy thing is that he would have been a sizable favorite some years back.. but now everybody is counting him off.

I'm sooo worried for Max in this fight. It could be his Tony Ferguson career 180 moment.

Really hope he pulls it off though.
Im a huge gaethje fan and supporter I hope he wins the title and retires as goat. (fat chance, but it's what i hope for him.)

I like max too, and have nothing against him. but I do not want to see him do this. I've never been so worried for an mma fighter. I feel like a mother whos 14 year old son ran off to die in a war.

Hard fight for Max, has he ever been leg kicked by anyone close to the power of Justin.. because he is going to eat 6 or 7 in the first for sure. If midway through the 2nd Max is stumbling around with huge welts I just hope his corner will throw in the towel.

I like the fight for Max honestly.

He wasn't going to get another fight against Volk at 145.. a win here could really break the whole game open for him

He could fight for a belt at 155, or gun for another fight with Dustin or McGregor.

He was already in a weird limbo at 145.. and I don't think a loss is going to hurt him. He will just still be in an odd spot.

For Justin, this is a head scratcher... Because he has a lot to lose

I like the fight in terms of potential just-bang, but I kind of feel Gaethje is going to put a horrific beatdown on Max, and potentially ruin him like he did Cucuy.

Max had a rough outting with Poirier due to the power, and Gaethje hits and kicks even harder.

Not hating on the match up, but a little concerned for Holloway here.
Ferguson was always slow though! Max will have a speed advantage.

What worries me is Gaethje low kicks though

For a long time I’ve always thought Gaethje was overrated, from his wrestling (which I think still is) to his striking, he reminded me of a LW Wanderlei Silva, just a brawler. His past few fights he has surprised with his patience and actually having some sort of IQ, when it came to getting in brawls and gassing out.

Overall Gaethje seems to have put everything together even though I believe his ground isn’t great.

This is a tough fight for Holloway, but a lot people are underestimating Holloways striking and overestimating Gaethjes.

Im going with Holloway all the way, we got mutual friends & acquintances and from what I gathered from the few times I’ve met him, he’s a legit a good dude.

Max is kind of stuck. It would be amazing if he can pull this one out.

Crazy thing is that he would have been a sizable favorite some years back.. but now everybody is counting him off.

Not me. I give him a good shot. I've seen gaethje struggle with pressure and body shots plenty, and Max is one of the best ever at those two things. On the flipside, we've seen Max struggle with leg kicks and power. I do think Max has improved his leg kick defense through the volk trilogies, so we'll see how that pans out.

Not a fan of the matchmaking. They need to let Max wear headgear or something.

By accepting this fight , I think it’s safe to say Max is as crazy as Bj . A lot of guys talk that shit , it’s another thing to back it up against monsters that are bigger than you
BJ submitted and knocked out Mat Hughes btw !

so a bare knuckle fight contract post UFC career is creating a lot of options?

Back