Media Dana White says Max Holloway is 'probably the greatest featherweight of all time' (he spittin facts)

Why bring up Conor?
Max at the time was 3-2 IIRC in the UFC and came of a loss when facing Conor.

Conor with 0 defenses does not belong in this discussion.

because it seemed like they were placing Volk at #2 simply because he bested Max. so i asked why not Conor? he beat both Aldo and Max decisively if we're talking about wins. but David cleared it up and said it was mostly a factor of all things. i always question people on their GOAT opinions not because i disagree/agree with it but because there has to at least have some thread of continuity to their logic. there is quite a few people who don't have the same logic for why 1 fighter is and 1 fighter isn't and it's mostly because of their own bias that a lot of times they don't even realize.

because it seemed like they were placing Volk at #2 simply because he bested Max. so i asked why not Conor? he beat both Aldo and Max decisively if we're talking about wins. but David cleared it up and said it was mostly a factor of all things. i always question people on their GOAT opinions not because i disagree/agree with it but because there has to at least have some thread of continuity to their logic. there is quite a few people who don't have the same logic for why 1 fighter is and 1 fighter isn't and it's mostly because of their own bias that a lot of times they don't even realize.
<mma4>

I am sorry but its 05:38 am and I have not had my coffee.
So all you get is a nodding BJ, for your well thought out respons.

Again with this non sense

Kamaru is not the goat of WW GSP is

Izzy is not the goat of MW Anderson Silva is

Stipe is not the goat of HW Fedor is

Max the Hawaiian GOAT dude is so damn tough and always shows up prepared ready to go.

Aldo, Volk and Max are all similar imo. There's no clear 145 GOAT to me. If Max beats Gaethje it helps his overall GOAT status but won't effect his featherweight GOAT status.

Aldo is the CLEAR number 1.

I'd love to hear Dana say something positive about a fighter that ISNT currently under contract.

He never will. Ever.

Reactions: CPH
Cool, is he going to pay him based on that?

Aldo still has the most consecutive FW title defenses in UFC history. His WEC title defenses make that title reign even more impressive. My vote is still for Aldo, but that’s mainly because he resembles my dad lol. <mma3>.
He got finished twice by Max. You can't be over someone who has finished you twice.

Dana White white had the following to say about Max Holloway and UFC 300.

“Max Holloway, always a big fan favorite,” White said from his Las Vegas “War Room” office on First Take (h/t MMA Mania). “Probably the greatest featherweight of all time, going up against Gaethje, who is a human highlight reel.

“The idea of the BMF was built right here in this room. There’s always these fights that the fans love, whether it’s a [Jorge] Masvidal vs. [Nate] Diaz, you know, those types of fights — Gaethje and Holloway. We were sitting in here one day and thought about building this BMF title and who’s better fit for this thing than Justin Gaethje and Max Holloway? We thought about it in here. I told the guys, ‘Tell me if I’m crazy, but what do you think of this idea?’ They loved it, the fans love it, and here we go.”

“When you think about it, it’s the greatest card ever assembled in combat sports history,” White said of UFC 300. “Not just UFC, not just MMA, ever.”

Source

Personally, I'm inclined to agree with Dana. No other fighter in the UFC is headstrong to take on anyone like Max is. Volk had a chance at being the best FW but he screwed it up. Dana speaking nothing but facts here (except for the UFC 300 part, that's just BS).

Okay. I'm not trying to disrespect you here, seriously curious. How did Volk screw it up? He fought Islam two times and ended with pretty decisive losing result looking back. But he fucking went for it. Max's trip up to liightweight did not go any better,

Its Volk but Max has a better case than Aldo for sure. The people saying Aldo are operating on pure nostaglia.

in some years more and more champions'll amass 2 or 3 or slightly more defences and they'll still compared to Aldo's record.
this is the reason why Aldo is the FW GOAT.

Volk beat him three times in his prime, sorry but no.

Aldo has the best steak, but prime for prime, Volk has the best rib eye.

Attachments

• images - 2024-04-12T185657.012.jpeg
    images - 2024-04-12T185657.012.jpeg
    8.3 KB · Views: 1
Silly take. Volk beat him three times in his prime.. you can argue one of the fights was close enough to be a draw and that's about it, Max never decisively won any of those. How quickly they devalue Volk just because he had a bad turn of events with Islam & Ilia.

Aldo is the CLEAR number 1.

I'd love to hear Dana say something positive about a fighter that ISNT currently under contract.

He never will. Ever.

Hes winless against other 145 champs. Aldo does not have a case.

max is 3rd best fw ever. the order is pretty clear with no room for debate.

Whoever is fighting that month is the GOAT of their division.

Back