Media Dana White says Max Holloway is 'probably the greatest featherweight of all time' (he spittin facts)

Dana White white had the following to say about Max Holloway and UFC 300.

“Max Holloway, always a big fan favorite,” White said from his Las Vegas “War Room” office on First Take (h/t MMA Mania). “Probably the greatest featherweight of all time, going up against Gaethje, who is a human highlight reel.

“The idea of the BMF was built right here in this room. There’s always these fights that the fans love, whether it’s a [Jorge] Masvidal vs. [Nate] Diaz, you know, those types of fights — Gaethje and Holloway. We were sitting in here one day and thought about building this BMF title and who’s better fit for this thing than Justin Gaethje and Max Holloway? We thought about it in here. I told the guys, ‘Tell me if I’m crazy, but what do you think of this idea?’ They loved it, the fans love it, and here we go.”

“When you think about it, it’s the greatest card ever assembled in combat sports history,” White said of UFC 300. “Not just UFC, not just MMA, ever.”

Source

Personally, I'm inclined to agree with Dana. No other fighter in the UFC is headstrong to take on anyone like Max is. Volk had a chance at being the best FW but he screwed it up. Dana speaking nothing but facts here (except for the UFC 300 part, that's just BS).

I mean Volk beat him three times at featherweight, there's no way you can say Holloway is greater than Volk

You’re the Goat until the next flavor of the month. 25 years from now, MMA fans won’t even know who max, Volk, also are.

Last edited:
You’re the Goat until the next flavor of the month. 25 years from now, MMA won’t even know who max, Volk, also are.

*Dana White spittin' facts
* Max Holloway fans

golden-boy-kintaro.gif

crazy. you have Aldo as 1 because "longevity" but you have Volk at 2 because he basically beat Max 2/3 times. what about Max beating Aldo 2/2 times? what about Conor beating both Max and Aldo decisively?
I feel Aldo's 9 title defences makes him ahead of Max despite the 2 wins against him. As for Conor the zero title defences is the reason I have him below the rest. It's a combination of all those things imo

I can't just erase the 3 losses to Volk but yeah, I love Max and he is great.

I feel Aldo's 9 title defences makes him ahead of Max despite the 2 wins against him. As for Conor the zero title defences is the reason I have him below the rest. It's a combination of all those things imo

makes sense, i'm more wondering how come Volk is #2? because he has 6 title defenses? if that's the reason i have no qualms with it. but your other post and the other guy i quoted made it seem like it was because he beat Max is why he was #2 and it didn't match up for me because Aldo's reasoning is his body of work and title defenses, and Volk is #2 just because he beat Max is a different criteria than the merit of his body of work. but if it's about title defenses i can respect that.

Max way saying he was still chasing Aldo when he was the champ and then he lost the belt the next fight if I recall. He came close but no cigar.

Everyone knows the real FW GOAT.

Didn't Dana call Kamaru Usman the greatest welterweight of all time?

Max is a terrific fighter with amazing balls but its hard to put him as the GOAT FW
If you factor title defenses, longevity, resume its easily Aldo
And head to head Alex beat him 3 times (some argue its 2-1)

I personally have Max at 3ell me more about how amazing his balls are, bud?!

Tell me more about how amazing his balls are, buddeh!

makes sense, i'm more wondering how come Volk is #2? because he has 6 title defenses? if that's the reason i have no qualms with it. but your other post and the other guy i quoted made it seem like it was because he beat Max is why he was #2 and it didn't match up for me because Aldo's reasoning is his body of work and title defenses, and Volk is #2 just because he beat Max is a different criteria than the merit of his body of work. but if it's about title defenses i can respect that.
Yeah in my opinion volk and aldo are very close
It's the overall body work, title defences, longevity, head to head, overall skills, resume etc

i mentioned volk beating max, but should have also added volk having double the title defenses of Max as well when placing him ahead of him

I can't just erase the 3 losses to Volk but yeah, I love Max and he is great.
Same. The first two fights are easy to erase from my mind but he got dominated in that 3rd fight. Volk was on fire that night

FW is in a funny position everyone who is considered the GOAt has multiple losses the man that subsided them, imagine if Topuria knocks Volk out again (with I have no doubt with happen if they rematch). It's a strange pattern that keeps recurring

crazy. you have Aldo as 1 because "longevity" but you have Volk at 2 because he basically beat Max 2/3 times. what about Max beating Aldo 2/2 times? what about Conor beating both Max and Aldo decisively?

Why bring up Conor?
Max at the time was 3-2 IIRC in the UFC and came of a loss when facing Conor.

Conor with 0 defenses does not belong in this discussion.

Back