Media What’s everyone, eating, drinking, etc. for UFC 298?

GOd damn BFoe are you taking a shot of each bottle or what? All of that would fckn take me out big time lol
Haha some small pours throughout the night. I go light on my gummies too, only like 10-15 mgs. So it’s survivable :)

Haha some small pours throughout the night. I go light on my gummies too, only like 10-15 mgs. So it’s survivable :)
Well thats good the gummies do take away the drunkeness quite a bit when sipping throughout the night. Fck man you are living the dream with all the intoxicants lol be safe bro

A trick for a roux without all that stirring is one I saw from a youtuber named shotgun red. He would take the flour and bake it in the oven to the desired color and then use that in the dishes. I've tried it and it works great so you can add this roux flour towards the end of a dish and not have to cook the flour taste out, and get that quick thickening instead of the corn starch (i'm not a fan of). Would work good in that scenario I'd imagine. You could m
It makes sense. The whole point of the roux cooking process is removing the flour taste.
Pan baking the flour would absolutely do that. Im wondering if you might miss out on some of the deliciousness that browning the butter while cooking the roux provides.
Its a great tip.

- Chicken
- Heartbeat Hot Sauce
- Avocado
- Argula/Kale Mix
- Thousand Island Dressing
- Celery
- Ranch Dip
- Blackberries
- Havarti Cheese
- Grandilla
- Walnuts

- Aero Chocolate Bar

- Perrier Water (Grapefruit)
- La Croix (Tangerine)
- English Breakfast Tea

I got a lot boss the other day, I smoked an 8lb pork butt. That thing was delicious.
Made some cole slaw to go with it.

Is there really more to it than "cut vegetables, put them in slow cooker with meat, season, and serve 8 hours later"? Because if not, even a 3 seems high.
You gotta like strain the juice and add some cornstarch or thickening agent like flour if you want the sauce to be like gravy. Outside of that, you nailed it.

It makes sense. The whole point of the roux cooking process is removing the flour taste.
Pan baking the flour would absolutely do that. Im wondering if you might miss out on some of the deliciousness that browning the butter while cooking the roux provides.
Its a great tip.
I still make a roux when I cook, but with the dry roux, I think it would be best for quick thickening of soups and sauces. Basically a replacement for corn starch.

Thanks man, and will do. I’m 45 years old, I don’t go like I used to. Pacing is key! :)
Fuck yeah old man. I hear you there. Pushing 42, and I'm in it for the long haul. Two beers/shots and sharing a blunt or a bowl of hash with the better half every couple hours. As long as I don't eat too much, that's a sustainable pace for me these days.

Yall know Trump legalized cannabis in the US right, under thca hemp. So yeah I'll be vaping on some of that and about to cook up some chicken wings. I'll post some pics once done, but yall bout to find out on some baked wings. Better than fried all day of the week.

Yessir, I'll also be enjoying that thca hemp in my neck of the woods tonight. That and some Baileys lol

<5>

I still make a roux when I cook, but with the dry roux, I think it would be best for quick thickening of soups and sauces. Basically a replacement for corn starch.
So do I.
Its just another step.
I have a culinary background so im not really intimidated by anything i could make in the home kitchen.
Having learned so many classic techniques and learned so many more modern ways to do them faster, I just like learning about what the kids are doing so to speak.

You're failing by not cutting up the filet and putting it on the pie.
Got lazy and just went all ham and pineapple.

20240217-204329.jpg

20240217-205730.jpg

20240217-205810.jpg

Gotta know what you doing to make a thicker gravy out of the leftover liquids once the roast is done. Or do yall just serve that thin ass liquid as is?

That's fair; that's the one aspect that's perhaps not intuitive. Sure isn't complicated, though.

Back