UFC has ruined 3 divisions within 24 hours

It’s definitely not great for divisional pacing. But they’re at least fun intriguing fights with big names

Also I wish i could have been there for @Fatback96 's first day on his job so i could shit all over him if he made any mistakes. he he

They are fucking middleweight up the most.

First dana says after strickland "Yeah lets do a rematch". Now, only a month later, it's "two unranked guys are going to fight for a title shot"

What the actual fuck?

Meh, 99% of UFC fighters are replaceable these days.
They all look and fight alike. I don't really care who's fighting who.
The days of unique fighting styles is long gone, unfortunately.

I would argue that the guys at the top who generate a buzz are less replaceable than ever.

If they were easily replaced, they wouldn't be resorting to cross-division super fights, they'd just replace like for like.

I blame the new matchmaker they just hired. Nice job ruining 3 divisions in your first day lol

Islam vs Volk 2 at 155lbs: This one isn’t as bad, just that there were many other good options for a replacement for Charles than Volk. Apparently UFC had Gamrot (a real LW) as the “back up” fighter; what ever happened with that?? UFC also contacted Poirier (a real LW) and he accepted; What ever happened that as well??
Don’t get me wrong, Islam vs Volk is a dope fight, it just doesn’t make any sense and the fans would’ve preferred to see that fight with full training camps.

Ilia Topuria vs Max Holloway for Interim FW Title (Potentially): Just why??
Topuria can wait if he wants the Volk fight, why are we putting Max back in a title position? I’d rather see anything else than Volk vs Max 4. Now the FW title picture is a mess for NO REASON. This didn’t need to happen.

Usman vs Chimaev at 185lb: Winner gets a title shot??
Khamzat is a part time MW with 0 ranked wins at MW & Usman isn’t a MW. How does beating either warrant a title shot??
Do either warrant it? Nope. Is it something the UFC felt was necessary, to save a potentially lucrative Abu Dhabi card from falling apart and turning to shit? Probably. They had a weak hand in trying to put together, at least, one legitimate high-profile contest at the top of the card. They had to offer something attractive to both Khamzat and Usman to make that happen, is my guess.

Weird take IMO. Just scrolling through the champions I see so many unique people. And the top 10 at 85 has so many different styles of guys that you’d have to be as blind as Bisping to think they fight anywhere at all like one another.

Usman/Chimaev being for the 185 title shot is absolutely insane.
While I don't think they made it an 'Official" #1 contenders match it doesn't matter. They don't stick to that at all anymore. They have even stripped Interim Champions and not given them a title fight in their next fight. Believe it or not Colby won an Interim, was stripped and then fought a contender in his next fight before getting a shot at Usman. (Certainly made up for it in additional title shots).

Tony won an Interim vs FKL and was stripped and had 2 contender fights before another INTERIM TITLE FIGHT!!! He never actually got a fight for the Undisputed championship.

They are fucking middleweight up the most.

First dana says after strickland "Yeah lets do a rematch". Now, only a month later, it's "two unranked guys are going to fight for a title shot"

What the actual fuck?
Not to mention DDP was guaranteed a title shot with a win over Whittaker. What ever happened with that??

Anything to open up the "log jams" for title contention that keeps divisions stagnant helps. Dana kills "merit" to keep his pets in top places and prevent those he hates from ever getting a title shot.

Not to mention DDP was guaranteed a title shot with a win over Whittaker. What ever happened with that??
It's ironic, because DDP is the most clear cut contender at MW since Whittaker fought Izzy in a rematch. he's literally the only MW contender to beat the number 1 contender to earn a shot.

it's been a LONG time since there has been a title challenger IN ANY DIVISION as worthy as dricus and they are going to skip over him, in favor of making Izzy vs DDP. Insane.

Winner of Usman/chimaev won't get title shot lol. That's an easy Dana lie to spot. Well, at the very least it's just a contract negotiation tactic, with a small possibility winner fights for belt

I blame the new matchmaker they just hired. Nice job ruining 3 divisions in your first day lol

Islam vs Volk 2 at 155lbs: This one isn’t as bad, just that there were many other good options for a replacement for Charles than Volk. Apparently UFC had Gamrot (a real LW) as the “back up” fighter; what ever happened with that?? UFC also contacted Poirier (a real LW) and he accepted; What ever happened that as well??
Don’t get me wrong, Islam vs Volk is a dope fight, it just doesn’t make any sense and the fans would’ve preferred to see that fight with full training camps.
how does this "ruin a division"? I am fine with Volk or Gamrot, wouldn't really need to see Dustin get destroyed.

Ilia Topuria vs Max Holloway
for Interim FW Title (Potentially): Just why??
Topuria can wait if he wants the Volk fight, why are we putting Max back in a title position? I’d rather see anything else than Volk vs Max 4. Now the FW title picture is a mess for NO REASON. This didn’t need to happen.
Why should Topuria get a FW title shot without going through the ultimate gatekeeper first? If he can't beat Holloway he has no business fighting Volk. This is good matchmaking.

at 185lb: Winner gets a title shot??
Khamzat is a part time MW with 0 ranked wins at MW & Usman isn’t a MW. How does beating either warrant a title shot??
So you'd rather see Izzy or Cannonier fight Strickland next? Either of these dudes vs. Strickland is way better.

TS he really make thread for trash on new UFC matchmaker Joe.

Just cuz you fail at being victory for contest does not meaning you insult winner lulz

1 finger at esteemed UFC matchmaker Joe, three at yourself.

Aren't you the "I'm no racist but society is better if it's racially homogenous" guy? Are you going for a world record of the world's worst takes?

Back