Media Ortega should start cutting a 'See you soon boi!' promo for Volk right about now.

I can’t see that rematch happening unless Ortega went on a win streak and Volk went on a losing slide. Yair looked like he was on his way to destroying Ortega imo.

dude ortega had volk nearly beat in two situions, and you think im as you say 'on that ortega pack'?

fyi, im a sydney boy like volk, he iis from the outer regions but im from the city area. but i like both fighters so much that it does deserve a rematch if volk beats topuria and ortega def should beat yair if there is no freak accident again.

so whats the go with your post? i dont understand it.

You call Ortega’s loss to Yair a fluke and claim he will kill him in the rematch - the facts are he got tooled for 4 minutes standing then subbed when he finally got the takedown.

Then you bring up the Volk fight mentioning that Ortega was getting the better of it by the end; a fight that should’ve been stopped at the end of the 4th when he couldn’t stand for 15 seconds after the bell rang, so Volk felt mercy and took his foot off the gas, letting Ortega land a few good punches.

As others have noted he has 1 win in 6 years over a TKZ on the decline, so doesn’t make sense why you are so hyped and confident in his abilities.

Last edited:
yeah but why would you not want to see a potential rematch of a really great fight?
If Ortega actually had a 3 or 4 fight win streak then I'd see your point but who has he beaten recently? Even his first fight against Volk wasn't really earned. I don't need to see him in any title fights any time soon.

I mean we all know Yair beat Ortega by a real fluke injury.

Ortega will kill Yair in the rematch, and Volk is going to humble Topuria really badly.

I see Volk vs Ortega 2 being the next FW title fight after this weeks fight where Volk beats Topuria and the week after where Ortega beats Yair, and considering how close Ortega was to finishing Volk in the third round twice (despite the accidental headbutt which had a significant cause of damage in the fight), and even getting the better off Volk towards the end of the fight, just sets up this rematch so well.

Ortega get your 'See you soon Boi' promo ready!
What was the freak injury about it? I thought Yair went for an armlock, Ortega pulled out, and Yair dislocated his joint.
I think Ortega's fight against Yair should answer a lot of questions about what he has been doing with his time since his last fight. A lot of folks in the comments are writing Ortega off, and I get why. However, I recall similar things said about him before his fight against a prime Korean Zombie and then he came out and won in very impressive fashion showing many improvements. Personally, I favor Yair over Ortega, but visions such as TS's shouldn't be ignored; MMA is a very unpredictable sport.
agreed. I'm looking forward too although I think Yair takes it and Ortega should face someone lower down the rankings like Arnold.

Last edited:
Ortega doesn't want that smoke after the first beatdown. Brother had to be carried back to his corner, and in hindsight that should've been ruled a TKO as soon as it happened.

Not to mention the ref giving ortega an extra minute to recover right after that with a conveniently timed eye exam.

It was a legit armbar, he didn't get out of it he got injured by it, he's the inferior fighter, and you're an inferior poster.

He got the shit beat out of him but it was a very entertaining fight. I wouldn’t mind them running it back.
I'd rather see Ortega earn it and show us he's gotten better instead of being a punching bag looking for a hail mary submission. His first fight against Volk wasn't all that deserving, he beat KZ after a two year layoff and that was it.

Imagine Ortega wins his first fight in 4 years and gets a title shot <Lmaoo>

This thread is incredibly stupid, Evloev should get next shot. The fact no one mentioned that yet is also insane. Thread should be closed and TS should be banned for horrible trolling.

Reactions: HHJ
This thread is incredibly stupid, Evloev should get next shot. The fact no one mentioned that yet is also insane. Thread should be closed and TS should be banned for horrible trolling.
And all prior posts deleted!

Back