Media Ortega should start cutting a 'See you soon boi!' promo for Volk right about now.

Ortega shouldn't even be ranked or fighting anyone ranked.

He has one win since 2018 and that was against Zombie, who was always overrated.

Ortega was getting his ass handed to him by Yair before he got submitted + Ortega is no where near a title shot any time soon. Him beating Yair means he still needs at least 2-3 more top wins to get a TS.

Ortega shouldn't even be ranked or fighting anyone ranked.

He has one win since 2018 and that was against Zombie, who was always overrated.
I"m with you one the first piece but not the second.

He submitted Dustin Poirier, held his own against Aldo, and knocked out Edgar and Money Moicano. That's a respectable run over a decade. He was never the number 1, but a company man who won a few fights at the right time. I would say he was correctly rated the whole time in the UFC.

Imagine having fake confidence a level high enough to say "see you soon boy" to the guy who gave you a life-altering beatdown to the point that your career spiraled down ever since.

i agree with dildos ortega is sick wid it

Ortega was getting his ass handed to him by Yair before he got submitted

Also of note, that type of shoulder injury is bad news.

This was his THIRD surgery on that shoulder. Once it starts getting dislocated easily, thats a wrap. Yair is likely going to kick him right in the shoulder and knows it will be compromised in grappling exchanges.

I think this is a possibly a horrible night out for Ortega and he's retiring soon.

I"m with you one the first piece but not the second.

He submitted Dustin Poirier, held his own against Aldo, and knocked out Edgar and Money Moicano. That's a respectable run over a decade. He was never the number 1, but a company man who won a few fights at the right time. I would say he was correctly rated the whole time in the UFC.

You have to look at some of those wins in context though, mate.

He subbed Dustin at FW, which Dustin was never really elite at.

Edgar was beyond past it at this point.

Moic isn't some elite fighter. He's often emotional and just comes out to brawl, which saw him get caught easily.

Him lasting as long as he did with Aldo was better than all of those wins, even if he did lose, but that was years before.

Zombie made his name being something of an action fighter, and for some wild fights against Leo Garcia, but having to go to absolute war with a fighter the level of Garcia isn't really something to be happy about.

I feel like Zombie always got more credit than he quite deserved.

lol with an islam av i understand you are scared of ortega.

same way khabib bitched out away from him,
You embarrass yourself my dude, I have an Islam avatar yes, but the only photo where he's scared. So I guess you missed totally the point... <6>

When was the last time Ortega even fought? From memory, even before he was inactive for a long time as well.

...just looked it up and he's 1-3 and those four fights stretch back to 2018. He might as well just retire at this point.

Ortega should actually earn it ….sitting on your ass shouldn’t be rewarded
I agree that he should not get at title shot with this win, But i wouldn't go as far to say im not interested in seeing them fighting again.

I dont think it should happen with this one win, but if ortega can string some wins together im abosolutely interested in a rematch; just not right now.

Ortega has one win in six years.

Back