UFC has ruined 3 divisions within 24 hours

Fatback96

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I blame the new matchmaker they just hired. Nice job ruining 3 divisions in your first day lol

Islam vs Volk 2 at 155lbs: This one isn’t as bad, just that there were many other good options for a replacement for Charles than Volk. Apparently UFC had Gamrot (a real LW) as the “back up” fighter; what ever happened with that?? UFC also contacted Poirier (a real LW) and he accepted; What ever happened that as well??
Don’t get me wrong, Islam vs Volk is a dope fight, it just doesn’t make any sense and the fans would’ve preferred to see that fight with full training camps.

Ilia Topuria vs Max Holloway for Interim FW Title (Potentially): Just why??
Topuria can wait if he wants the Volk fight, why are we putting Max back in a title position? I’d rather see anything else than Volk vs Max 4. Now the FW title picture is a mess for NO REASON. This didn’t need to happen.

Usman vs Chimaev at 185lb: Winner gets a title shot??
Khamzat is a part time MW with 0 ranked wins at MW & Usman isn’t a MW. How does beating either warrant a title shot??

If they book Topuria vs Max before this fight happens that'd be a bit weird. We don't know what will happen with Volk. He didn't have to go through a grueling training camp and depending on how the fight goes he could be ready to fight again in a couple months.

EyXwzNTWUAAs-5T.jpg

I agree on 155 & 185 but I do wanna see Topuria get a better win than fucking Emmett for his title shot. And if he can't beat Max then he shouldn't be fighting for the belt anyway
I think his point is What if Max wins? Which is very possible. so he gets a 4th fight with Volk? If Volk loses to Islam is he going to want to stay at LW anyway? I think not so he will go back to fight the winner. Matchmaking is about having all possible outcomes make sense in how a story plays itself out.

Meh, 99% of UFC fighters are replaceable these days.
They all look and fight alike. I don't really care who's fighting who.
The days of unique fighting styles is long gone, unfortunately.

I agree. Most are cookie-cutter "wrestle-boxers."

The shills will come out in droves to tell you how wrong you are...but you're not wrong. There are maybe a couple dozen fighters whose style stands out. But there are 550 other people on the roster that don't stand out at all.

Back