UFC has ruined 3 divisions within 24 hours

I agree on 155 & 185 but I do wanna see Topuria get a better win than fucking Emmett for his title shot. And if he can't beat Max then he shouldn't be fighting for the belt anyway

For the past decade Max hasn't lost to anyone at FW besides Volkanovski. Saying "if you can't beat Max you don't deserve a title shot" is setting a massively high bar.

The UFC has incompetant matchmaking at the top of divisions. It`s been like this for years.

I agree on 155 & 185 but I do wanna see Topuria get a better win than fucking Emmett for his title shot. And if he can't beat Max then he shouldn't be fighting for the belt anyway

While I get what you're saying, nobody has beaten Max in 10 years not named Volkanovski or Poirier. I rather not throw every viable contender his way just to help fill out a card.

All sports are a circus. This is just the best one under the tent, at least to me.

Disagree about the circus part.

In the NBA, for instance, if a team with low attendance that no one cares about makes it to the championship, nothing can be done.

Adam Silver can't give the title shot to a different team just because they are more popular.

I do agree about enjoying it though - I still watch!

Too much nonsense in match making. We need Keith Peterson on the panel

For the past decade Max hasn't lost to anyone at FW besides Volkanovski. Saying "if you can't beat Max you don't deserve a title shot" is setting a massively high bar.
I guess I should read through the comments before posting my own

These matchups and divisional shake ups are much like Dragonball Z; it's complete & utter silly nonsense, but you can't help to enjoy it immensely.

Meh, 99% of UFC fighters are replaceable these days.
They all look and fight alike. I don't really care who's fighting who.
The days of unique fighting styles is long gone, unfortunately.
Is this what the modern UFC fan looks like now?

"they all look and fight alike" what an insanely stupid and uneducated statement. You don't seem like a fan of this sport.

Why bcs he can beat paddy fatty anytime any place?
Not a chance. Hand Sanitizer boy is only fighting mantles at 145 because he is deathly afraid of the baddy, rightfully so.

Aha! So, your tongue is in your cheek...
Obviously, they will never let him make any important decisions (other than a rubber-stamp).
Yes lol just like the “UFC Intern” jokes I make all the time

The 294 card just went from pretty good to damned good. Why are you whining?

No, the event has improved greatly. Charles wouldn't have put up a fight; he would have been easily dominated again, and we know he's a quitter. He would have been submitted or knocked out again, perhaps even faster. As for Paulo Costa, he's even worse. It would probably be similar to Chimaev vs. Holland's other fight, where he got in on the legs, went straight to the back, and finished with a rear-naked choke in a matter of seconds. Now it's much better.

Over cooking match ups is a mistake, Topuria is ready for Volk right now. Volk is 35 already, the window is closing.

The UFC has incompetant matchmaking at the top of divisions. It`s been like this for years.

Because there main criteria for making fights is whats the lowest i can pay these two to get this fight made ...and when thet doesnt work its how much coupons for venom/rebok is this gunna cost...

They operate almost like a Walmart...for fuck sakes...

They could solve alot of these upper ranked fight issues with spending alittle more money...to make even more money...

We could of had Jones vs Ngannou but nope...

I’ve been looking all over for max vs ilia online and not seeing anything being reported on this. I am assuming the op is just assuming that fight will get made. I don’t think that is a sound assumption. We don’t know how volk will do against islam, we don’t know if he will be injured and we don’t know if he will decide to go up and stay up at lw. Way too many unknowns now. I would think they wait a couple more weeks until the islam vs volk 2 fight happens and then after that decides what to do.

Over cooking match ups is a mistake, Topuria is ready for Volk right now. Volk is 35 already, the window is closing.
I agree in that th me best matchmaking for volk right now should have been the volk vs topuria fight In January. Then after that assuming he won see what is the temperature at lw and probably give him the islam fight. GMAT least that gives him a full camp and he would have fought the guy everyone wants to see him fight at FW.

Back