• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Elections Republican house: no border deal till trump or republican president

never seen so many libs suddenly so interested in fixing the border.
What are you talking about? After Trump tried to end DACA, he said he’d sign any bipartisan immigration bill that passed. The McCain-Coons Bill was drafted, and Trump reneged and said he wouldn’t sign it so McConnell wouldn’t let anyone vote on it.

During one of Trump’s hissy fit government shutdowns, Dems tried to give that idiot 20 billion dollars for border security. He turned it down for a measly 5 billion of wall money only.

Biden could do plenty right now to help the situation but instead he's suing border states to force them to stop their own initiatives. Him and the other Blue clowns are still too afraid of looking like Drumf.

The challenge isn't really border security. It's that there are a lot of applications for asylum that are overwhelming the system. The question is how you handle people who have applied and not had their cases reviewed.

first of all, if you're going to talk about creationism we need to include @OneOfOne ,

in regards to your first point, saying things like "there is no difference between men and women, and "gender is a spectrum" and gender is a "social construct" and that we shouldn't refer to fossils/ancient of ancient humans as Men/women because "we really dont know" is a rejection of biology.

I don't think there's a significant number of people saying there are no differences between the sexes. That seems like a strawman. Gender is, of course, a social construct, and it's not an issue of biology. We know that gender roles vary in different societies, and in the same societies over time. Not sure what you're referring to with that last clause, but it doesn't sound like a real matter of political constroversy.

The challenge isn't really border security. It's that there are a lot of applications for asylum that are overwhelming the system. The question is how you handle people who have applied and not had their cases reviewed.

I don't think there's a significant number of people saying there are no differences between the sexes. That seems like a strawman. Gender is, of course, a social construct, and it's not an issue of biology. We know that gender roles vary in different societies, and in the same societies over time. Not sure what you're referring to with that last clause, but it doesn't sound like a real matter of political constroversy.

And there is the problem. The democrats don't want to stop the flow. They want to just speed up making then legal.

Fuck that no money unless it has a working plan and money to control and close the border. Also a requirement to make asylum seekers stay in Mexico until their case is determined. Then they can include money for more judges to speed up the process.

Not rooting for it fail... For fucks sake, I'm paying at least 20-30% more for everything. And lol if you're trying to get a loan for a vehicle or a home.

But don't shit out some fucktard "Bidenonomics" and try to tell me I'm doing better than I was 3 years ago. That's not how inflation works.

You're going to need at least 2 years of wages outpacing inflation by 5%+ just to get back where we were in 2021. And that's just getting back to ground zero.

I want my money to go further, I don't give a shit who's President. I have a mortgage and twin teen girls with car payments. lol.. I'm not stupid enough to cut off my nose to spite my face.

And we're still 2% higher than when Biden took office.

unadjusted-monthly-inflation-rate-in-the-us.jpg

Real wages need to be higher than inflation for at least 2+ years... Then start celebration "Bidenomics"

blogimage_nominalwages_fig1_022323.png
You generally make decent points in the economic discussions, even if you seem to refuse to accept any facts that counter the narrative (like, can we acknowledge that inflation is a global issue? and the the USA is outperforming pretty much everyone else? and that there are a lot of very good economic indicators, like low unemployment, inflation slowing, the feds about to start cutting interest rates, record oil production in the US and CAN, etc). I'm don't care that much about normal bickering over facts from any particular pov, though.

Just because they are claiming asylum doesn't mean they have to be allowed to enter though.

Republican set to reject border bill because it might help Biden's reelection bid​

And some Republicans were even more direct, suggesting that any deal should be rejected if it could bolster President Joe Biden’s standing ahead of November.

“Let me tell you, I’m not willing to do too damn much right now to help a Democrat and to help Joe Biden’s approval rating,” Rep. Troy Nehls, a Texas Republican, told CNN. “I will not help the Democrats try to improve this man’s dismal approval ratings. I’m not going to do it. Why would I? Chuck Schumer has had HR 2 on his desk since July. And he did nothing with it.”

as usual, republicans are just going to keep refusing to do anything about securing the border. they'll find whatever kind of excuses for it. this time their reasoning being "we dont want to help secure the border because it would help the democrats."

funny because whenever it's a democrat who's in presidential office. the republicans are always screeching about the border crisis. every. single. day. yet every time they have an opportunity to actually do anything to help secure the border, they choose not to. every. single. time.

but whenever a republican takes office, they suddenly just forget about it, it's no longer a problem worth dealing with to them anymore, and the border crisis simply just goes away the very next day after they get elected. they no longer have to worry about spending a single penny to help secure the border because it's no longer a problem to them anymore until the day a democrat takes office and then they go right back to screeching every day about it while still never lifting a finger to do anything about it.

Regardless, anything that is signed now will still take time to even affect anything near the border, so by election night I'm not sure how well anything would even factor, if at all.

There have been many opportunities over the years to come together and underline border security, but the democrats have just used this as another moral high ground topic instead of listening to logic

They deserve everything they're getting
Let's say there have been numerous opportunities in the past. Doesn't refusing to pass something now, just for political reasons, essentially put them in the same boat as the group they're complaining about?

I get the politics of it. But if it's an issue that they truly believe in, they accomplish their goal and then spin it in their favor. Doing nothing undermines credibility on that issue, unless there's something fundamentally wrong with the bill. But "I don't want the other side to get political points" isn't a credible reason, it's just taking an issue that they've spent years and years complaining about and then jumping into the same boat as their opponents.

Let me illustrate this one last way. How many times have we heard "The Dems don't want to control the border so that they can win elections." Right? But this is the GOP saying that they don't want to control the border either because doing so won't help the GOP win elections. :confused:

It's absolutely insane if the GOP's entire messaging on this subject is about whether or not the Dems will get votes out of it. How about just doing what's right and claiming the moral high ground?

Let's say there have been numerous opportunities in the past. Doesn't refusing to pass something now, just for political reasons, essentially put them in the same boat as the group they're complaining about?
LOL, no. This is like rewarding a guy who just perpetually robbed you for three years, with a job.

You talk about "politics", but have little to say about the Dems who are all of sudden trying to present themselves as actually giving a shit about the border, and not just fishing for votes. The only reason the Dems want to all of sudden give a shit about this issue, is because it's killing them in the polls. And yet, you only ask Republicans to have some conviction it their stances. Not the "open border"/"we are all one" Dems, though. No, only they get to pivot from their position due to politics...

You talk about "politics", but have little to say about the Dems who are all of sudden trying to present themselves as actually giving a shit about the border, and not just fishing for votes.

Horseshit.

You can't spin the fact that Dems have been the only party to actually present legislation on this topic. Republicans, for years, including the two where they controlled all branches of government under Trump, never presented anything absent fucking the dog on trump's border wall that went nowhere.

You have republicans openly boasting on not taking a deal just to increase their chances of taking the Presidency. They aren't hiding the ball here. And who are they hoping will take the reigns? The same guy who failed to propose any meaningful border legislation at all during his entire administration.

But don't take our word for it. Just wait. Trump's a guaranteed loss (cry about it). And once Biden wins again, we'll see zero movement by republicans on the issue. What will be your excuse then?

A more secure border would strengthen the chances of the Democratic Party to get re-elected in my opinion.

not the smartest group

Yes, never in the history of the US government has a key issue been hijacked and used as political football by a political party. Blaming one side when they both are spoiled children that want o take their ball and go home is irresponsible at best.

As republicans in the house prepare to reject a deal between senate dems and republicans. A house republican revealed the whole game.

"Let me tell you, I’m not willing to do too damn much right now to help a Democrat and to help Joe Biden’s approval rating,” Rep. Troy Nehls, a Texas Republican, told CNN. “I will not help the Democrats try to improve this man’s dismal approval ratings. I’m not going to do it. Why would I? Chuck Schumer has had HR 2 on his desk since July. And he did nothing with it.”

Meanwhile republicans are gearing up to impeach Mayorkas for wait for it....not doing enough on the border

"WE DEMAND A BORDER DEAL IMMEDIATELY!!! (But also not right now...)"

*drooling idiots*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
138cfh
Back