Elections Biden considering executive action to restrict asylum at the border

Youd never guess it but republicans dont like it
Like I said, there is no interest in achieving any kind of outcome in the real world. All this imaginary drama to get rubes on board with tax cuts for the rich paid for by cutting cutting healthcare.

You are making MY point. Is the issue an uncontrolled crises at the boarder that desperately needs legislation. Or is it more important what month it is and if it’s an election year? Hint: Opposing what you think is a needed policy affecting millions of people because you think Biden himself may not sincerely believe in the legislation is a lame cop out.
I don't know who you're talking about but I support it heartily. I don't care who does it. There are things that are good for this country that need to be done. I don't care about orange man. I don't care about hair sniffing. Fix the country. I praise Biden for this, assuming it's not posturing for the election. And I'd do the same if he stopped sending money overseas at the expense of citizens.

It's not a lame copout if it's just posturing though. Which it very well could be. And he asked a valid question-- why wait four years to do this? Better late than never of course, but it's disingenuous to act like that kind of question is outlandish.

I don't think that there are as many ride or die republicans as you might think. Most people want the issues resolved. And if there was a person with a blue campaign that did them, or red, or any color, they'd support him.

Is this no longer racist? What month is it?
Forget the racism. If the border is secure, like Biden and his drones have repeatedly claimed, why would any Democrat/Liberal support this? Why would Biden even consider it?

I mean, sure, the Reps have also backtracked on their stance on this a bit for political reasons, but nary a peep out of Liberals, on how Biden would be admitting that the border is not secure, and his people being complete inept fuck ups, despite saying otherwise for three years straight.

It's a political football for sure, but the Dems are trying to change jerseys over it, and they're the ones in charge. They'd piss a good portion of their base off, and not gain one vote over this. I can at least understand the Republicans' stance. The Dems just look desperate to change the narrative, that really wouldn't even benefit them. They'd just prove Republicans right, and while some won't mind it on the right, but still vote Trump, a good portion of left would lose their fucking minds.

First you have to know what anything he signs does.

Like say restrict the ileagl and asylum seekers that cross the border to 8,000 a day then "close" the border for the day. Then declare he is "working to control the border " which would be the usual billshit.

Reactions: N13
Youd never guess it but republicans dont like it

You know a presidential term is 4 years, right?

Here is Johnson's letter, and Joe Biden is certainly not doing what was requested, and is "considering" reinstating a fraction of what he dismantled, over 3 years later after like 10 million more illegals are in the country. That last month of Trump's presidency, border patrol released 17 illegals into the country. The same month 3 years later, which is the last month of available stats under the Brandon administration, border patrol released 191,142 illegals in to the country.

I don't know who you're talking about but I support it heartily. I don't care who does it. There are things that are good for this country that need to be done. I don't care about orange man. I don't care about hair sniffing. Fix the country. I praise Biden for this, assuming it's not posturing for the election. And I'd do the same if he stopped sending money overseas at the expense of citizens.

It's not a lame copout if it's just posturing though. Which it very well could be. And he asked a valid question-- why wait four years to do this? Better late than never of course, but it's disingenuous to act like that kind of question is outlandish.

I don't think that there are as many ride or die republicans as you might think. Most people want the issues resolved. And if there was a person with a blue campaign that did them, or red, or any color, they'd support him.
I wish there were more people like you. Even if we disagreed on theory maybe we could find common ground because good policy is good policy.

After 2 years of the Trump Presidency where the R's had the House, Senate, White House and Court.

Did we have a closed boarder or did we have "migrant caravans?"
True...but lets compare the number of illegal alien border crossings when Trump was president or when Joes president. I by means am not a Democrat but I would applaud Joe if he can get this done even though its to little to late.

It's like asking us to applaud Newsom for cleaning up the streets of San Francisco when China showed up after allowing San Franciscans to live and work around filth and shit in the streets for years.

Both situations prove that these politicians don't work for the people. If Biden and Newsom were working for the people, they would have gone through with this work years ago.

Our politicians are working for their own self interests over the self interests of the people they are supposed to represent. I'm just glad that people see through their bullshit these days.
Nobody is asking anybody to applaud anybody.

The hippocrits are not the Dems whon have proposed legislation and will vote for it.

The hippocrits are the republicans for voting AGAINST boarder legislation.

Why move the goal posts to applauding anyone? Just vote for a modest fix on what you all told us all was a hair-on-fire crises.

This is pandering, nothing more. That’s not how you govern. Liberals care more about Ukraine than the country they fucking live in. What an odd bunch of loons
As usual your position is the opposite of the truth.

Pandering is NOT Biden who has proposed and will sign legislation.

Do you know what "pandering " means?

Pandering is the R's who talk about the boarder and then make up stories why they can't vote for modest legislation to fix it.

Migrant caravan happens before they get to the border, ever heard of a whole caravan getting through?
You gotta answer my question with something other than a question back if you want a reply.

As usual your position is the opposite of the truth.

Pandering is NOT Biden who has proposed and will sign legislation.

Do you know what "pandering " means?

Pandering is the R's who talk about the boarder and then make up stories why they can't vote for modest legislation to fix it.
How is a bill including Billions of more tax payers dollars to be sent to Ukraine for the border though?

How is a bill including Billions of more tax payers dollars to be sent to Ukraine for the border though?
I disagree with that position on Ukraine but if thats really the objection I think it is more principled than opposing the bill to spite the libs.

I would think differemt members have different motivations, but the leading candidate for Pres is stumping about denying Biden a victory on the boarder.

Oh' I think he's real, but a former mod who was very good at keeping tabs on people, once alluded to him belonging to a Liberal think tank, and brought some receipts from way, way back, that Jackie absolutely freaked out about. I mean, he fuckin' lost it.

Don't know if it's true, but his unhinged reaction to that, and his consistent, utter shameless shilling for Democrats, lends at least a smidgen of credibility to that theory.
He used to be a mod when the WR was created. Managed to get himself banned.

Internet savage was the name.

Shhhhhhh

You gotta answer my question with something other than a question back if you want a reply.
Well, you said closed the border which they didn't try to shut down the border completely but the vetting process, along with effort to stop illegal crossings was in full effect. My question was more rhetorical. I never heard of caravans making it over, even if the border was 100% closed, that would not stop caravans and other groups from trying. So, I am unsure what your point with that was.

True...but lets compare the number of illegal alien border crossings when Trump was president or when Joes president. I by means am not a Democrat but I would applaud Joe if he can get this done even though its to little to late.

Part of the influx during Biden's presidency had to do with right wing media/pundits declaring that if Trump lost the election (2020) and Biden becomes POTUS, the borders would be wide open. Even to this day on these message boards, there are a number of people who claim the borders are wide open right now (because Dems are in charge).

That's not true, and has never been true. But the media needs to sensationalize things to compete and the media in Latin America pick up on this and repeat it. So now you have a huge group of desperate people who are hearing and reading that Democrats want/have instituted completely open borders, hence the influx among other factors.

It's purely hyperbole (borders are wide open, or Democrats want open borders).

I wish there were more people like you. Even if we disagreed on theory maybe we could find common ground because good policy is good policy.
I appreciate it. I like to think that most people at their core really are like this, but maybe more guarded than they should be because the political landscape is such an emotional war zone. It's hard not to pony up for the team, because the impulse is to believe that MY team gets more things right than wrong, so I will accept those wrongs for the greater, more important right. At critical mass this just doesn't work because then there are two big awful teams

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back