Elections Biden considering executive action to restrict asylum at the border

I bet him to do this and announce it in state of the union, so all of a sudden he can do something about the border ? What a joke it’s like Newsom cleaning up SF for a day.

This made me lol everything around him is a disaster

It’s the end of February in an election year, he had almost 4 years to fucking do something. This is just a desperate attempt to help the polls, like him trying to pay off student debt when he was already told he can’t
It's not a really a political issue anyway. Let's say that Biden's actions cause whatever bad thing people think is happening (it's not strictly about unauthorized crossing, as what we're seeing is widespread abuse of the asylum process, but put that aside for a moment) to improve by 30%, which would be huge. What impact would that cause on the people who profess to be concerned? I think it wouldn't move the needle at all, and in fact, a lot of them would simply deny that it happened. Precisely because no one sees the impact of any of this stuff in their real lives, perception is entirely mediated by media consumption, and the media outlets promoting the crisis narrative would never acknowledge any improvement.

You are making MY point. Is the issue an uncontrolled crises at the boarder that desperately needs legislation. Or is it more important what month it is and if it’s an election year? Hint: Opposing what you think is a needed policy affecting millions of people because you think Biden himself may not sincerely believe in the legislation is a lame cop out.

It's like asking us to applaud Newsom for cleaning up the streets of San Francisco when China showed up after allowing San Franciscans to live and work around filth and shit in the streets for years.

Both situations prove that these politicians don't work for the people. If Biden and Newsom were working for the people, they would have gone through with this work years ago.

Our politicians are working for their own self interests over the self interests of the people they are supposed to represent. I'm just glad that people see through their bullshit these days.

I guess he is realizing his gambit to pin the crisis on republicans for rightfully turning down his dogshit open borders bill was unsuccessful.

I don’t expect his executive action to be any more than a show with no substance.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the damage already being done? For 3 years it has been a free-for-all with the Left claiming there was no issue, and now all of a sudden there is a crisis.

giphy.gif

Boo-Hoo it's the Democrats fault the Conservatives voted against our own legislative priority. You can't make this stuff up.

No, you don't need to wonder. The Republicans refusal to act has everything to do with the fact that they never really thought the issue was worth doing anything about as long as it produces votes.

It's not a really a political issue anyway. Let's say that Biden's actions cause whatever bad thing people think is happening (it's not strictly about unauthorized crossing, as what we're seeing is widespread abuse of the asylum process, but put that aside for a moment) to improve by 30%, which would be huge. What impact would that cause on the people who profess to be concerned? I think it wouldn't move the needle at all, and in fact, a lot of them would simply deny that it happened. Precisely because no one sees the impact of any of this stuff in their real lives, perception is entirely mediated by media consumption, and the media outlets promoting the crisis narrative would never acknowledge any improvement.

Soo... Illegal aliens undercutting American citizens and doing jobs cheaper (and tax free) doesn't negatively impact them?

Sound pretty anti-Union to me...

Meanwhile

"Yeah!!! Fuck the Constitution, My Polling is shit, so its time to buy votes again... even it's its illegal."

I guess he is realizing his gambit to pin the crisis on republicans for rightfully turning down his dogshit open borders bill was unsuccessful.

I don’t expect his executive action to be any more than a show with no substance.

It is interesting because Biden was relying on all the media pressure to get Speaker Johnson to fold and sign the “bipartisan” dog shit deal.

Now that nothing passed and Johnson threatening a government shutdown, he will now meet with Johnson and also talking about an executive action.

He is still saying this EO will not be effective if mayorkas does not enforce it, which he believes will be the case. His statement is very much on point

Reactions: N13
Biden could sign a single Executive Order undoing his other 60+ Executive Orders on the border that stopped Trump's policies and we'd be fine. He doesn't want the solution, but the appearance of it for votes.

Boo-Hoo it's the Democrats fault the Conservatives voted against our own legislative priority. You can't make this stuff up.

No, you don't need to wonder. The Republicans refusal to act has everything to do with the fact that they never really thought the issue was worth doing anything about as long as it produces votes.

It's the Democrat's fault because they are using the southern border as an excuse to give billions of dollars to other countries.

Republicans want the border shut down.

It is interesting because Biden was relying on all the media pressure to get Speaker Johnson to fold and sign the “bipartisan” dog shit deal.

Now that nothing passed and Johnson threatening a government shutdown, he will now meet with Johnson and also talking about an executive action.

He is still saying this EO will not be effective if mayorkas does not enforce it, which he believes will be the case. His statement is very much on point

Mike Johnson needs to address why he has changed the story multiple times, on his "adopted " son that when he "adopted" him he was only like 7 years younger than MAGA Mike.
What is up with Gaetz and Johnson and the sons they publicly said they adopted but did not adopt. It is weird to have a teenage kid that is not yours living in your house.
It is OK to do it if they are good at football like Blind Side, but weird, when they are not. If they are not is comes off as grooming them.

Ole Man Biden's handlers playing 5 D chess with this order.

Reactions: N13
Do you think that he is a real person or some mods troll account?
Oh' I think he's real, but a former mod who was very good at keeping tabs on people, once alluded to him belonging to a Liberal think tank, and brought some receipts from way, way back, that Jackie absolutely freaked out about. I mean, he fuckin' lost it.

Don't know if it's true, but his unhinged reaction to that, and his consistent, utter shameless shilling for Democrats, lends at least a smidgen of credibility to that theory.

Well, obviously. This doesn't actually have anything to do with the border, it's theater.

I'm not saying the border isn't a problem and there aren't serious issues. I'm saying that doesn't matter to them nearly as much as the political utility.

Support the border in a way that benefits Biden? Not acceptable, it would be like trading gold for silver.

Mike Johnson needs to address why he has changed the story multiple times, on his "adopted " son that when he "adopted" him he was only like 7 years younger than MAGA Mike.
What is up with Gaetz and Johnson and the sons they publicly said they adopted but did not adopt. It is weird to have a teenage kid that is not yours living in your house.
It is OK to do it if they are good at football like Blind Side, but weird, when they are not. If they are not is comes off as grooming them.

Adam Schiff has one of them too. In fact, the guy is cutting commercial for his Senate run. It all seems creepy to me

I didn't know the Johnson story, but read this.

The newlyweds took the troubled then-14-year-old into their home and filed court papers to become his legal guardians in 1999 after James became homeless.

It's a bit strange, but it looks like they did nothing except a good thing in this instance. The guy is 40 today and has nothing but positive things to say about Mike and his wife.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back