Law U.S. House fails to impeach Homeland Security Secretary Mayorkas

Outside of barely avoiding government shutdowns, have the republicans managed to do anything legislatively since taking control of the house?

Do you think that was different under any earlier administration in the last 30 years?
The amount coming in has increased. I’d have to do some research on the other stuff unless you have some data on hand. 30 years would date back to age 4 for me lol.

The amount coming in has increased. I’d have to do some research on the other stuff unless you have some data on hand. 30 years would date back to age 4 for me lol.
And what, precisely, do you think is particularly the fault of the Biden administration about more people existing?

I back the blue and support our law enforcement officials. Normally, most conservatives do so it's strange how the sides have flipped on this issue.

And what, precisely, do you think is particularly the fault of the Biden administration about more people existing?
The fault isn’t all on him. He did say something along the lines of letting more immigrants in during his campaign (I dont have specific quote). I feel like many politicians have enabled this mass immigration and the illegals have become more brazen. Inaction from other politicians have led to border policy stagnating over the years.

The giant influx of immigrants needed to be addressed years ago and not just during an election year. Instead of funding overseas wars we need our resources allocated to where it counts. No loaded bills. A bill purely to stop illegals, secure our borders, and make legal immigration more easy and accessible.

He's a member of the cabinet. What are you talking about?
I view him and the rest of the Cabinet as an extension of the President. Do you believe he is rouge and acting independent of the President's wishes?

I view him and the rest of the Cabinet as an extension of the President. Do you believe he is rouge and acting independent of the President's wishes*?
LOL no.

They are no more an extension of the president than the president is an extension of them. Do you think the entire cabinet gets together just to receive their marching orders like they're the king's subjects or something? It sounds like you have no idea how such things function.

The president can't know everything about everything. That's why the cabinet exists. The individual secretaries are expected to guide the president in each of their areas of responsibility, not the other way around.

*FTR I can hardly believe you even made such an assertion. What a giant leap from what I said in any event. It's entirely fucking stupid. You should be embarrassed.

Riiiiight.

"Around 2 million migrants were arrested by the U.S. Border Patrol at the U.S.-Mexico border in fiscal 2023."
Don't bother. Biden basically continued Trump's legal policy and these people refuse to even acknowledge that it is happening.

They don't follow what's actually happening. They're repeating talking points fed to them, regardless of how true it is.

Trump and the House GOP flat out said that they would oppose border security because they don't want to give the Dems any victories. And these chuds still say "Biden..." When you reach that intellectual nadir, there's nothing you can do.

Don't bother. Biden basically continued Trump's legal policy and these people refuse to even acknowledge that it is happening.

They don't follow what's actually happening. They're repeating talking points fed to them, regardless of how true it is.

Trump and the House GOP flat out said that they would oppose border security because they don't want to give the Dems any victories. And these chuds still say "Biden..." When you reach that intellectual nadir, there's nothing you can do.
It's become so extreme that the very notion of "compromise" is coded language for something unacceptable. Like, this shit is so obvious: the Dems said ok GOP, we'll work with you on this to make something happen. And the very fact of being worked with made the process doomed. The GOP doesn't want to pass things, they want to force things through over the cries of their social and political enemies. It doesn't matter what the topic or issue; the process itself is the point. And that's just on one level, right, because even with majorities in all branches, the problem then becomes wait we don't even have any ideas in the first place so wtf are we going to try to ram through? Tax cuts? Anti-lgbt shit? Pathetic.

I meant Mayorkas. I don't think Bidens stance has been a strong one since the beginning. But I wasn't really commenting on that. IF one thinks there is a lack of effort on the department then go after the one giving the orders and providing oversight. These pushes to remove peeps from departments just makes a mess on the next guy. We are slipping further and further away from what we used to be and this type of thing is for show imo.
Mayorkas is the guy giving the orders and providing oversight. He's the correct target, if anyone. The thing is they tried to make him look bad and found bupkis. They wasted a bunch of time and tax payer money to prove yet again they don't give a flying fuck about the border or any other policy matter. They just want to make it to re-election. Fuck their constituents, fuck the taxpayers, fuck the USA--it's all about the Benjamins.

It's become so extreme that the very notion of "compromise" is coded language for something unacceptable. Like, this shit is so obvious: the Dems said ok GOP, we'll work with you on this to make something happen. And the very fact of being worked with made the process doomed. The GOP doesn't want to pass things, they want to force things through over the cries of their social and political enemies. It doesn't matter what the topic or issue; the process itself is the point. And that's just on one level, right, because even with majorities in all branches, the problem then becomes wait we don't even have any ideas in the first place so wtf are we going to try to ram through? Tax cuts? Anti-lgbt shit? Pathetic.
It really is pathetic.

And I think that's a great way to put it "The process is the point."

They're not interested in governing. They're interested in the media component of political grandstanding. This is why they passed a pointless bill cutting Pete Buttigieg's salary to $1 because it gets headlines but they won't agree to a bill that advances their very agenda.

Unfortunately, this has been the model since 2008. It just gets worse every year.

It really is pathetic.

And I think that's a great way to put it "The process is the point."

They're not interested in governing. They're interested in the media component of political grandstanding. This is why they passed a pointless bill cutting Pete Buttigieg's salary to $1 because it gets headlines but they won't agree to a bill that advances their very agenda.

Unfortunately, this has been the model since 2008. It just gets worse every year.
A great deal of the blame here imo falls on the Lex Luthor-ian genius of Tom Hofeller
Rest in Piss you god almighty sack of shit

LOL no.

They are no more an extension of the president than the president is an extension of them. Do you think the entire cabinet gets together just to receive their marching orders like they're the king's subjects or something? It sounds like you have no idea how such things function.

The president can't know everything about everything. That's why the cabinet exists. The individual secretaries are expected to guide the president in each of their areas of responsibility, not the other way around.

*FTR I can hardly believe you even made such an assertion. What a giant leap from what I said in any event. It's entirely fucking stupid. You should be embarrassed.
Unless the President isn't mentally capable (which might apply to the current one) I absolutely think he sets the overarching policy on the border and the people he charges to manage it carry out his wishes. Did I say the president micromanages every detail? Obviously he wouldn't have time but I absolutely believe the macro policy is set by him or his inter-circle. He's the CEO it all falls on him, he chooses who to delegate to, it's his cabinet he can replace them at will, they're not governors.

Unless the President isn't mentally capable (which might apply to the current one) I absolutely think he sets the overarching policy on the border and the people he charges to manage it carry out his wishes. Did I say the president micromanages every detail? Obviously he wouldn't have time but I absolutely believe the macro policy is set by him or his inter-circle. He's the CEO it all falls on him, he chooses who to delegate to, it's his cabinet he can replace them at will, they're not governors.
LMAO @ dodging with "overarching policy"

You pretty much claimed the Secretary of Homeland Security is a stooge who does nothing but take orders from the president. You said, "He's just the guy they throw in front of the cameras to take the heat for the administration, he's not setting the policy."

Way to backpedal. Your last sentence nearly has it right and you can't even see how it contradicts your earlier comments. Back the fuck up, give your a shake, and try this again. The point is, the president isn't dictating top down to all these different cabinet departments because it's not his job. His job is, as Dubya once put it so succinctly, he's the decider. How do you think he makes all these decisions?

Where is the evidence anyone is dragging their feet on this issue
lol
Let's see.
-The cities who are overwhelmed by illegal immigrants.
-The Democrat Party who denied for years there was a problem and suddenly wants to take measures.

What Republicans are doing -in fact, not doing- is despicable. They're going to sit on their hands for another year because they don't give Biden a win. But please don't tell me there's not a problem. That's just silly.

Back