"Nothing will happen on December 21" Thread (w/ Maya info)

Well Im in Cali and we just has a 8.4 earthquake followed by a 120 foot tsunami. Im floating halfway to Hawaii at the moment and my wifi still works, fuck yall dooms daters.

Well Im in Cali and we just has a 8.4 earthquake followed by a 120 foot tsunami. Im floating halfway to Hawaii at the moment and my wifi still works, fuck yall dooms daters.

I live in Cali as well, I must live in the earthquake free part :)

Apocalypse? Or Metalocalypse?

obamadealwithit_gif.gif

I thought we were going to blame the end of the world on Bush.

The Maya did not have the resources that those in Europe had. Namely steel. Do you think if they had the means to make steel they wouldn't have done it?

Edit: I'd also like to note the architecture and writing system they had. Trust me, they were as sophisticated and complex as any other culture.

except they didn't seem capable of working any hard metals,let alone steel. Technologically,they were stone age-pre bronze age. My main point was they couldn't predict their own collapse,yet we're supposed to believe they saw the end times?

except they didn't seem capable of working any hard metals,let alone steel. Technologically,they were stone age-pre bronze age. My main point was they couldn't predict their own collapse,yet we're supposed to believe they saw the end times?

The Maya never made any prediction about the end of the world or any related to the collapse of civilizations period, so your argument is factually flawed. And we may never know if they were able to work metals because they did not have the resources to make metal. We'll never know what they would have been as a civilization today because the Spanish almost destroyed their culture during their invasion of Mesoamerica.

"They didn't seem" is speculative. If humans were able to do things such as make steel then there is no reason why other humans would not have the ability to do so.

Back