"Nothing will happen on December 21" Thread (w/ Maya info)

I turn 30 tomorrow, so something will happen. The world may not end, but Ill be older.

One of the most prominent doomsayers, Patrick Geryl, has basically retracted all the bullshit he spread, and has taken down his youtube channel, and has stopped taking questions/comments.

On top of that, the facebook 21/12/2012 Network have posted the following

"Because of perceived threats and recent extremist events that have occurred in the United States and China, it has become necessary to disable our site forum. Current forum members are not under suspicion or in threat of investigation. I am in complete cooperation with requesting parties and cannot, and will not comment on this matter any further.

PLEASE PEOPLE

well it's 10:45am and the coffee van guy isn't here yet. So obviously it actually is the end of the world.

They couldn't wait until Saturday to retract their bullshit. What a bunch of quitters. I'm looking for the guy who refuses to admit the world didn't end, that's a dude with real passion.

Well, Patrick Geryl is a special kind of fruit cake. He claimed that there will be a "Gargantuan Solar Flare" which will cause the earth to turn upside down, which isn't scientifically possible. So, he was looking to raise "At least one billion dollars" for a series of bunkers.

Then he says that he will only need "Two young women" to go in with him. When that didn't pan out, he basically said "My diabetes is flaring up... I can't go!"

He made a series of predictions for "Massive Earthquakes" and solar flares, and his success rate was and exceptional 1-21, and the 1 was pretty much after everyone else was saying it.

There was another guy called "Doctor" Jaysen Q. Rand, who was told of the apocalypse when he had "An Alien Experience", when aliens of the planet "Epsylon" had him on their ship. But the same guy also said he was a Grammy Award winning music producer.

Last edited:
They couldn't wait until Saturday to retract their bullshit. What a bunch of quitters. I'm looking for the guy who refuses to admit the world didn't end, that's a dude with real passion.

Dude is a troll and is laughing his way to the bank for all the hits he got on his site.

What was a bigger worry 12/21/12 or Y2K?

2012, because the internet grabbed the story and just made it way worse than it actually is. The internet wasn't really a factor for Y2K. The worst thing that happened with Y2K was Alex Jones and his performance, with the whole "The Russians are attacking us" and "Texas has run out of supplies".

I feel bad for the Maya. People are gonna go on about how wrong they were for something they didn't even say.

"Unlike Cam Brady, who thinks everyone should in Rainbow Land..."

"It's a fictitious place... It doesn't exist."

"Hey Cam Brady, I do NOT want to live in Rainbow Land and YOU can't make me!"

Y2K got the bigger response.

2012 is an internet sensation but noone is rushing out to do anything about it, cause everyone sensible knows it's bullshit.

Y2K on the other hand actually had people that know shit worried. There was a patch marathon in the IT circles. I cant coun't the number of far flung site offices i had to go to put y2k patches on shit. it was never going to kill the world but there was a worry it would break some fairly serious things.

There's money in that?

Unless I'm mistaken if you get enough views on youtube you become partners and get money for it. Websites are also run to mainly get money, depending on if that site has advertisements. I might be wrong but guys like this and Harold Camping and everyone else who capitalizes on the gullible and the hysterical usually do it for profit.

This thread is now celebrating Luchador's and Fijeeto's birthdays.

The Mayans should have said 31th so we can blame them for the fiscal cliff.

it's already the 21st in 90% of the world and nothing has happened

yep, it is 12/21/2012 all over the place, and nothing yet

the funny shit is people expected an ancient culture to make a calendar for all eternity, like, does the world end at the end of every cycle? Did they really expect them to know when the world would actually end? Do you think they thought of the world actually ending, or just cycles.

Everything runs in cycles, and they understood this perfectly.

yep, it is 12/21/2012 all over the place, and nothing yet

the funny shit is people expected an ancient culture to make a calendar for all eternity, like, does the world end at the end of every cycle? Did they really expect them to know when the world would actually end? Do you think they thought of the world actually ending, or just cycles.

Everything runs in cycles, and they understood this perfectly.

The Maya view time as cyclical, and the resetting of the Long Count only pertains to their culture and no one else's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back