Media Leon Edwards downplays Belal matchup: 'Nah, there are definitely other options!'

You just gave that cringe fuck colby a shot? But not belal? Lol get out. Such a boring fighter and champ turns every fight into a slow snoozefeast.

To be fair, he didn't want Colby either. He said Colby doesn't deserve title shot from the start.

Shavkat is on an 18 fight win streak, all finishes.

6 finishes in 6 ufc fights.

Last 18 fights:

Shavkat 18-0 18 Finish wins
Belal 14-3-1 3 finish wins (all 18 in UFC)

It should have been Belal this weekend, who couldn't have been much more boring than Colby was, we would have had the boring fight out of the way and Shavkat and Leon on tap.

Colby and the fucking retards at UFC that screwed everyone (fans, Belal, Shavkat) over with the Colby fight screwed the pooch hard.

I still think Belal should be next tbf sir.
I see that Shavkat definitely has his points as well.

Shavkat is 18-0. Belal is 23-3 and has lost multiple times in the promotion.

I don't see why Belal should get the shot to "make it a legitimate sport" considering no one considers him a better fighter than the undefeated guy. People are talking like Shavkat is 3-0.

Plus the first Belal fight was going down a similar trajectory to most of Edwards other fights, opens up a sizeable lead and then probably fades late holding on for a points win. The Brady fight was poor evidence to the contrary, Brady's cardio looked shit in that fight.

Shavkat's big win is Wonderboy. If you were unaware, Belal already casually beat the shit out of him. He's won 9 fights in a row, and is clearly the #1 contender, its not even up for debate.

- Burns
- Brady (previously undefeated)
- Luque
- Wonderboy

Those 4 in a row after 5 other consecutive wins? Cut the bullshit.

Shavkat deserves a top fight next and should secure his place then. What SHOULD have happened? Shavkat should have fought Colby for the title eliminator, and Belal should have fought Leon.

This shit makes me dislike Leon, he owes him a rematch after the double eyepoke

I wonder what Belal could do differently the rematch? Spam more takedown attempts? He was pretty outclassed in the first round, but I'd imagine he'd have the cardio advantage in the championship rounds over Edwards

If I was Leon that’s the fight I’m trying to get. Belal is the most winnable match up and another win=another fight with PPV points.

Make Leon fight Shavkat and let's get rid of this boring ass dude.
“I don’t know, I’m starting to like him too” - DJ Jazzy Jeff (Fresh Prince 72 hours episode)

Leon is accurate, manages distance, put up with Masvidal & Colby. Reminds me more of Volk, than a boring fighter tbh. Very measured & disciplined, but still took Colby down & wanted to grapple with him.

Dana really doesnt want belal to hold the belt. Leons boring but at least he has the UK market.

I still think Belal should be next tbf sir.
I see that Shavkat definitely has his points as well.
It is the right thing in a fair and achievement based meritocracy but the UFC is a shitshow.

It sucks that:

A) their first fight was inconclusive
as that would have either ended Belals streak or jumped him in queue ahead of Leon.

B) Colby wasted a title fight and clogged/logjam division

C) Leon vs Belal is almost guaranteed to be boring as fuck and really not create any excitement or interest.
And we just had a very boring WW title fight.

Fuckin guy is on a 9 fight win streak, that's how sir.

I'll take the dude that's undefeated with all finishes over a dude who is one of the most boring fighters in modern UFC history.

Besides, Belal and Leon are buddy buddy. They bond over anti-Semitism

They need to do belal or else what is the point but please god only make it a comain under a certifiable banger main event.

Poor Belal

Eyepoked and denied the title shot
It does have to be super frustrating for him. Where on paper he’s absolutely the most deserving next title challenger. He’s in the exact position the Champ was in when he got his title shot. But he will be like 95% chance of being pushed to the side again for rakhmonov. Even though Belal was willing to do them a solid and be the back up guy for the title fight. But it is what it is, rakhmonov will just be a much easier sell. On top of that Belal better hope Ian Garry dosent do something real impressive in the mean time too as they’d probably push him to the front too after Shavkat

Leon already beat Belal. Whats the point in making the fight

Give Shavkat the shot

But i think Islam will blackmail a shot

God the UFC is fuckin trash. Leon better count his unicorns up his ass bc he is about as lucky as it gets in the ww division. Leon gets mauled by Wonderboy for fucks sake. Belal makes quick work of that british butch.

Back