Media Leon Edwards downplays Belal matchup: 'Nah, there are definitely other options!'

Just fight him and get it over with. This shit is annoying. Get the W, get your paycheck and move on. Belal is the most deserving in the division currently. Fuck the double champ shit.

You just gave that cringe fuck colby a shot? But not belal? Lol get out. Such a boring fighter and champ turns every fight into a slow snoozefeast.

Champs should not get a say in who they fight.

Last edited:
Leon vs Bilal has to be the most boring possible matchup that they can make.
Change my mind.

It's smart from Leon to take this stance. He knows him vs Belal isn't selling by itself. But if the UFC compromises by putting him in the co-main under Aspinall in the UK, with Paddy on the main as well, he'll fight Belal again. 35+ years old, takedown or bust similar to Colby who he just prepared for. Easy money.

Easy mistake. Ian seems to have some kind of beef with neils/ neals. I wonder if there are any others in the welterweight division? If so I bet they are pooping their pants right now

Lol.

I just went back and looked at the original comment and realized how it was spelled because of your post...Im embarrassed lol

Just give Belal his chance, a guy should almost never have to be on a double digit winning streak in the UFC to get a title shot. What is he at right now, nine? Just one more to go and he’s there. That’s just sad. Shavkat is a beast, but can wait.

Leon was held back his opportunity for so long and now wants to be that guy in the other side. What a guy haha.

What’s maddening is Leon himself had to go through almost the same scenario before he got his shot. You’d think he’d get it.
What's even crazier is Belal arguably had a harder road to his title shot.
Belal's last four wins: Burns(was on short notice, had to cut a ton to get to 170), Brady, Luque and Thompson
Leon's last four wins before the Usman rematch/first title shot: Diaz, RDA, Nelson and Cowboy

Now to be fair Leon also beat Luque way earlier in his streak while both were unranked, but yeah Belal's road hasn't been super easy here.
I hope the UFC just do this fight next now, Belal deserves it more then anybody and got completely screwed over by Colby getting another undeserved shot(similar to how Leon got screwed when they gave Colby the Usman rematch despite only getting one win since their first fight).

Belal needs to step up the charisma and personality if he wants a shot.

Imagine how horrendous and boring a Belal vs Leon press conference would be. :(

I imagine he just wants what ever pays the most, can't fathom Leon being afraid to fight Belal when he's already accepted to fight him once before.

It's dog eat dog, he's not obliged.

Fuckin guy is on a 9 fight win streak, that's how sir.
Shavkat is on an 18 fight win streak, all finishes.

6 finishes in 6 ufc fights.

Last 18 fights:

Shavkat 18-0 18 Finish wins
Belal 14-3-1 3 finish wins (all 18 in UFC)

It should have been Belal this weekend, who couldn't have been much more boring than Colby was, we would have had the boring fight out of the way and Shavkat and Leon on tap.

Colby and the fucking retards at UFC that screwed everyone (fans, Belal, Shavkat) over with the Colby fight screwed the pooch hard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back