Leon Edwards' last loss was in 2015

PurpleStorm

purp
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
The last time Leon Edwards lost was December 19, 2015 when he lost a UD to Kamaru Usman. Since then he's gone 12-0 with one no contest. The NC was versus Belal Muhammed due to accidental eye poke in round 2.

Hopefully UFC does the right thing and makes Leon vs Shavkat next. It's a super exciting fight. (Please keep boring belal away from the title. At least until AFTER Shavkat gets his chance)

Taking down Colby was a boss move.
Keeping him in his guard in the fifth not so much, but still overall very impressive performance.
Leon vs Shavkat would be the ultimate under-the-radar fight. Exciting stuff. He's not that old. Would be awesome to see him rack up some title defenses.

His win streak is underrated as well. Some guys get to the top fighting nobodies. Cerrone and RDA were past their prime to be fair, but they still read nicely on the record, and the Luque and Gunni wins have aged pretty pretty good. The pool of fighters that got to a 12 fight winning streak in the UFC is very exclusive. As a matter of fact only Anderson and Kamaru ever went past 13.
The man is highly underappreciated.

He's a great fighter. But he clearly lacks killer instinct. Unless he hits you with a big shot, he's very content to ride out decision wins. Which is fine, but it will open you up for criticism.

He's a current ranked P4P fighter for sure, but I'll never forget that Nate Diaz had him out on his feet, and instead of trying to end the fight, he just backed off and pointed at him like a fool and lost the decision.

The last time Leon Edwards lost was December 19, 2015 when he lost a UD to Kamaru Usman. Since then he's gone 12-0 with one no contest. The NC was versus Belal Muhammed due to accidental eye poke in round 2.

That's 12 fights in 8 to 9 years not very impressive

Let's calm down. Hes the good guy this go around because colby is such a shit.

Fight was very boring and leon takes half the blame.

He was outstruck > 2:1 by Bryan Barbarena who is really a skinny fat blown up lightweight. Also dropped with an uppercut and about as close as you can get to being finished without the ref calling it. He won that fight with ground control.

He's an elite fighter but I think most casual fans see him as this WW Adesanya when he's more of an all rounder.

He looks great on the pads with his speed but when it comes to timing and tracking a moving target his striking is a bit over rated. I do think that could change if he focused more on striking in training camp because I think he could end up gassing himself out wrestling with a guy like Shavkat.

Dude has shored up his ground game and his striking is tops in the division.

That being said he likely loses to Rahkmanov.

Pretty crazy he's only fought 12 times since the Usman loss in 2015

That’s great. But he should have over 20 fights in that time. Instead of only 12. 8 years.. 12 fights. Not even 2/year. And only two fights as the champion. Unfortunately he is not active.

He's a beast I just wish he would fight more often either way his reign is ending soon

TBH his only UFC loss should be Usman 1, his UFC debut against Silva was a fairly clear robbery.

Back