Media Leon Edwards: 'Two the best wrestlers in the division (Usman & Colby), I was able to outgrapple them... take them down. Leon Nurmagomedov!'

Ref wasn't close to a stand-up, and the crowd was enjoying it.

Imagine a UFC champion put on his back and humiliated in the fifth round of a "successful" title defense.

that happened to Jose Aldo when he fought Mark Hominick. it happened to Anderson vs Chael 1. Islam vs Volk 1. champions are allowed to lose rds and still win fights.

He "outgrappled" fairly washed 35-year old versions of both...and Colby had a super long layoff. He has good wrestling for a striker, but pre-ACL injury GSP 50-45's him all day till Sunday.

He "outgrappled" fairly washed 35-year old versions of both...and Colby had a super long layoff. He has good wrestling for a striker, but pre-ACL injury GSP 50-45's him all day till Sunday.
GSP is long retired. Who cares?

Ooooh Anderson Silva wrecks Strickland, Fedor would be champion today, MM wrecks Pantoja etc.... Point im trying to make is, bringing up old goats is pointless lol

I was impressed by Leon's grappling in the Colby fight. Before the fight, I favoured Shav in a hypothetical fight vs Leon, now I see it as a 50/50. To me, they are the 2 whom are clearly above the rest at WW currently. No disrespect to Belal, whom rightfully deserves a shot but his skills is not as elite as them IMO

Leon outgrappled a massively ring rusted Colby. Big whoop.

Funny.

Leon has some real balls to grapple just to show he can match his opponent in grappling. No real benefit to those TDs in terms of the fight. But he didn't lose or get in any threatened positions, so you can't really talk shit. He showed he could take them down AND he defeated them.

GSP is long retired. Who cares?

Ooooh Anderson Silva wrecks Strickland, Fedor would be champion today, MM wrecks Pantoja etc.... Point im trying to make is, bringing up old goats is pointless lol
In some cases yet, but for Edwards, the point is he's grappled fairly well with older, past-prime guys, one of whom has bad knees (Usman) and the other who was on a multi-year layoff. I think a high-level wrestler in their prime would be a very tough match-up for Edwards if they're somewhat well-rounded (Edwards probably beats any version of Askren, for example).

Yeah man, if Colby landed another shot in that round, Leon is a vegetable.......

View attachment 1019835

The strikes had Leon rock and rolling in the fifth yeah. But Leon getting manhandled on the ground was the embarrassing part. It looked similar to a bear mauling a prey animal.

Leon won the match, Colby won the fight.

EMLGkXlWwAA5iiJ.jpg:large

The strikes had Leon rock and rolling in the fifth yeah. But Leon getting manhandled on the ground was the embarrassing part. It looked similar to a bear mauling a prey animal.

I heard Leon is paralyzed from the damage he sustained in the 5th by that absolute vicious mauling by Colby.

I heard Leon is paralyzed from the damage he sustained in the 5th by that absolute vicious mauling by Colby.

Not paralyzed, but certainly traumatized. Leon was getting thrashed at the end of the fight. He really fizzled out. Colby smelled blood in the water and went for it. If there were only a couple more minutes, Leon's battered lifeless carcass would have been on display for Trump and the world to see.

Not paralyzed, but certainly traumatized. Leon was getting thrashed at the end of the fight. He really fizzled out. Colby smelled blood in the water and went for it. If there were only a couple more minutes, Leon's battered lifeless carcass would have been on display for Trump and the world to see.
Colby beat up Leon so badly in the 5th, Dana said Colby looked slow and old. May as well retire. He looked so awesome in that fight that clearly no one is on Colby's level

Hilarious how cobly 'fans' are relegated/demoted to just obvious, blatant troll jobs now. Not that they weren't before but now the clowns are on full display. Cobly and his fans' steep fall from grace is truly a sight to behold.

Ref wasn't close to a stand-up, and the crowd was enjoying it.

Imagine a UFC champion put on his back and humiliated in the fifth round of a "successful" title defense.
Lol i didn't know Colby even had fans lmao

Leon's good and continues to get better, it would have been wild if one of his submission attempts on Colby came off.

His TDD in the last Usman fight was so good that Suga learned it and put it into practice against Aljo. Tells me other fighters know how good Leon is...

Back