UFC 300 would be perfect with Leon vs Belal added

MetaIIica

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
UFC 300 is looking pretty decent but I think adding Leon Edwards vs Belal 'Forgot his name' Muhammad as the Co-Main event would really put the cherry on top. Leon and Belal aren't big enough draws to headline ufc 300, but a co-main spot after the WMMA fight would be perfect.

Imagine if Hill vs Pereira gets canceled one week before.
We'll have the WMMA fight as the main event.

If they added it on top of Pereira/Hill, it would make it better. Still it's just a crazy stacked card, but no real standout fights that represent the once in 8 years that we get a 100 card. If Conor fights this year, his card might be "bigger". Just seems like there isn't any way to make it as big as the previous ones.

It always made sense to have Leon/Belal as a co-main for 300.

But the UFC offered Leon 3 fighters for 300 and Belal wasn't amongst them.

Adding to that the fact that Belal actively campaigned for a fight at UFC 300 it becomes clear that the UFC doesn't want him anywhere near the belt.

There is obviously a reason that is not "he's boring" here as even that is not sufficient for that type of treatment which frankly was never seen before

Imagine if Hill vs Pereira gets canceled one week before.
We'll have the WMMA fight as the main event.

Jamahal Hill is fighting 7-8 months after rupturing his achillies.

It is not unfathomable that he hurts it again in camp, apparently that particular injury has a very high recurrence rate. And the normal recovery is 1-2 years.

It would be cool if every fight was a title fight. It’s possible !

Yeah that would be something four titles and it was perfect for Edwards vs Belal being lower on a big card. Now we know that he won't be on 301 Brazil, 302 NJ (doesn't seem likely), 303 fight week in Vegas maybe Conor.
So he's probably shelved until July or August and they'll look to book a English venue.

The card already has 3 fights that could go 5 rounds, it doesn't need a fourth.
Imagine gaethje vs max or hill vs alex going 5 rounds though

Sounds fun on paper, not so fun when they all somehow go the distance and the card drags on past 2AM EST.
Start the card earlier.

And if you dont watch from the start you're not a fucking fight fan plain and simple.

As per Ariel Helwani, UFC offered Leon fight to Khamzat, Islam and Shavkat. Leon was willing to put his belt on the line for all three. All three turned Leon down. Dana White said, Leon said yes to all three. What an incredible bada** Leon is.

As per Ariel Helwani, UFC offered Leon fight to Khamzat, Islam and Shavkat. Leon was willing to put his belt on the line for all three. All three turned Leon down. Dana White said, Leon said yes to all three. What an incredible bada** Leon is.
I doubt that’s true

I dont like this fight, but at this point I wouldnt mind if its booked already so we can finally put an end to this. As long as Dana promises there WONT BE A REMATCH. Thanks bye
This is already the rematch. So there won't be a trilogy.

Back