Media MMA Guru clowns Leon Edwards for not wanting Belal Muhammad next!

I mean the fight doesn’t really excite me but was anyone really excited to see Leon and Colby fight? Obviously hindsight is 20/20 but that was never some all action matchup that was sure to deliver fireworks. I think most people expected a pretty lopsided decision regardless of who they thought would win.

Whether Belal will fight any different is irrelevant in my opinion, the guy nearly got his eye poked out and was robbed of a conclusive ending. We saw Leon school Nate for the better part of five rounds but got rocked badly near the end, who’s to say Belal couldn’t have done something similar?

I am not dead set against Belal fighting for the title. It has been a long time and he has won all his fights since. Chances are he's next.
All I am saying is that I am not excited for this fight. I see Edwards as a bad matchup for Muhammad: Leon is longer, quicker (both strikes and feet) and has good enough grappling to deal with both Colby and Usman. Belal has no clear path to victory.

Nate was dangerous because, though he was slow-footed, he had the reach and that excellent 1-2. Belal doesn't have anything in his arsenal to close the gap and land a huge shot - too slow, too short, too basic.

It doesn't matter what happened in a brief fight which ended in a No Contest that could have been a DQ if Leon was unlucky. It also doesn't matter if Sherdogger XYZ is excited about the match-up. It doesn't matter if Sherdogger XYZ perceives an easy path to victory for Belal as compared to Shavkat, especially not in MMA where fighters improve and underdogs pull through on a continuous basis. The only thing that matters is whether Belal has put in sufficient work to by grinding his way up the division in order to earn a title shot and prove himself worthy of proving us either right or wrong in regards to our preconceived notions regarding him -- the answer to which is a resounding yes, yes he has.

Now this is what you call ducking, i mean leons coach today asking for gilbert burns ffs embarassing.

Belal beat an injured Burns. And Sean Brady. Sean moutherfucking Brady. If that doesn't scream title shot now then I don't know what does.

Imagine an event headlined by Belal and Leon. I can think of lots of WMMA match-ups that would interest me more as headliners.
It would be the worst sales ever

Why are people giving this neckbeard a forum in the message board?

Belal or shavkat?
Shavkat. Torn ligaments in his ankle it seems. He wanted to pull out of the Wonderboy fight but took it with a grappling heavy gameplan. Looks like he can't avoid surgery now

MMA Guru is just an North American Trailor Park Trash Version of the legendary Drachelord

MMA Guru doesn't understand that Ari Emanuel who is the boss of WME will never give a Palestinian like Belal a title shot in this current political climate

Shavkat and other fighters in the Top 10 will get the shot instead

Unless Belal can convince Ari to give him a title shot, it will never happen

Do you think the UFC will also prevent Khamzat from a title shot? Didn’t he say pro Palestinian stuff after his last win?

Now this is what you call ducking, i mean leons coach today asking for gilbert burns ffs embarassing.
Because he wants someone who will sell ppvs plus also someone who comes forward makes for more exciting fights with Leon. He's very much a counter striker type and doesn't like to push the action himself but he can be exciting when his opponent pushes the action.

Leon is not scared of Belal. He was beating him once before. But UFC is his way to earn income and the money is not in fighting belal but instead giving you someone who can make you look exciting. Gilbert Burns is definitely that guy.

I don't think you've seen @StonedLemur, my guy. He is no small fella....

@Versez still loves me sir, but you're right.
I outweigh that kid by 20lbs or so, and hes only a tad bit taller.

I grew up wrestling and doing judo, and grew up in shit neighborhoods, that kid looks like a baby caterpillar...all soft and gooey lol.

@Versez still loves me sir, but you're right.
I outweigh that kid by 20lbs or so, and hes only a tad bit taller.

I grew up wrestling and doing judo, and grew up in shit neighborhoods, that kid looks like a baby caterpillar...all soft and gooey lol.
My money is on you all day in this one! :D

Back